Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tigers preparing for hostile environment at Auburn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,133

New Story: Tigers preparing for hostile environment at Auburn

Aug 29, 2016, 6:01 PM

Tigers preparing for hostile environment at Auburn

If Clemson is to defeat Auburn Saturday night in the season opener, the Tigers will have to deal with Auburn’s loud and hostile crowd. Jeff Scott thinks the Tigers have the focus to accomplish that. Photo by John Reed / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tigers preparing for hostile environment at Auburn

Aug 29, 2016, 6:05 PM

CLEM by 21! Great start to the Natty! Go Tigers!!

Aug 29, 2016, 7:07 PM

I don't know what the score will be when the Clock reaches 00:00, I do believe that when the Clemson Tigers leave Jordan-Hare Stadium, they will be leaving behind a bunch of broken hearted, sad, and crying war eagles. The Clemson Tiger fans will be snickering between each other, but will try with a straight face, offer Auburn fans good game gestures ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No offense to T-net for the story. It was good. But, once

Aug 29, 2016, 7:11 PM

you've arrived on the scene, I don't think people like Bama coaches have to sit thru the "hostile environment" questions. I believe you can back up a 747 to the field and our offense will run off hand signals and not skip a beat.

Re: No offense to T-net for the story. It was good. But, once

Aug 29, 2016, 9:11 PM

The only thing the noise does is makes audibles hard to call, and it makes the crowd feel like they are a part of it all. The players are used to the signals from the sidelines, and we have plenty of reads DW can make. We must keep our composure, execute our game plan, and take care of business on ST and on D, and if we do, we whip their butts. Now, I can't account for referee bias, and that may happen, but if we keep that can of 303 whuparse open all night, we will win this one handily.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for "303" reference....***

Aug 30, 2016, 9:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe...

Aug 29, 2016, 9:37 PM

... if the Clemson offensive line is truly mean and nasty then it will show and impose its will. I believe that once you have your foot on their neck and keep pressing then the crowd will be taken out. I believe that our defense will play with a chip on their shoulders. I believe when the dust settles there will be no doubt and no regrets.

Jump on them early, takes the crowd...

Aug 29, 2016, 9:44 PM

...out of the picture. Then stay at least a couple of TDs ahead and the crowd will be a non-factor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HOPE WE HAVE A PLAN FOR WHEN THE HEADSETS GO OUT

Aug 29, 2016, 9:46 PM

They have a way of "malfunctioning" on the visitors side of the stadium when Auburn is getting their @$$ tore up.

Satellite phones? Motorola walkies? IDK, but better have a back up plan.

Aug 29, 2016, 9:48 PM

I bet Big Mont now wishes he had come to Clemson. If not, he sure will after the game for sure.

Reality from the poster of experience

Aug 30, 2016, 5:42 AM

As I have said on here before, via my 49 years as an experienced rabid Tiger fan, I will take a field goal in the 5th overtime win and come away as a very happy man. All of you who constantly write of blowouts, that's fine. I hope you are right. BUT A PIECE OF ADVICE: Do not let anybody pressure you into any kind of wager on it. A blowout win at Auburn is just not going to happen.

Re: Reality from the poster of experience

Aug 30, 2016, 9:27 AM

As having only 47 years of experience as a rabid Tigers fan, I would tend to bow to your level of experience and agree with your sentiments. Remember what happened the last trip down that way? If memory serves, we had a pretty good lead and lost in OT after a fluke penalty cost us a field goal. Kyle Parker was pummeled in that game and Nick Fairley should have been arrested for attempted murder.

BUT, that was then and this is now. We now have a guy named Deshaun Watson and our offense is loaded with weapons top to bottom. No weak links there. I can see both sides of this - we could run it up for sure. But Auburn has a defense that may have a little something to say about that.

Either way, we're 1-0 and on the road to the Natty!

GO TIGERS!!!

Re: Reality from the poster of experience

Aug 30, 2016, 2:43 PM

My guess is CU is better now than the 2010 version and AU is not as good as the 2010 team. CU by 14-20 points IMO. Goooooo Tigers!!!

It isn't a sold-out game, is it?***

Aug 30, 2016, 9:28 AM

Sep 1, 2016, 12:46 PM

The anatomy of success:

Heart: The passion to catch your dream.

HEAD: Creative and logical thinking for action.

GUTS: Stepping out of your comfort zone,

even when its uncomfortable.

Tigers!!!! You will not be in the comfort zone of Death Valley and you will Face IT! FACING THE GIANTS!! You Will BE the team! Believing & Executing is how you will attack it. C L E M S O N T I G E R S Fight Tigers FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,133
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic