Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Thoughts on Clemsoning, a wedding, defense and whether Watson should play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

New Story: Thoughts on Clemsoning, a wedding, defense and whether Watson should play

Nov 3, 2014, 4:04 PM

Thoughts on Clemsoning, a wedding, defense and whether Watson should play

Clemson's off week is over, and the Tigers are preparing to play Wake Forest this Thursday in Winston-Salem. What is the mindset of the defense? Why is "Clemsoning" still a term? And should Deshaun Watson play at Wake Forest? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"what else would we do?"

Nov 3, 2014, 4:10 PM

David, I sent you a helpful tmale.

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Congrats David, I'm so happy for you both

Nov 3, 2014, 4:11 PM

now that I can finally officially call you davidsteele.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

well watson's first action was a td against uga

Nov 3, 2014, 4:22 PM

so i'm fine if he doesn't play at wake
but get's alot of work between now and ga tech

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re "Clemsoning": I've been keeping a little List this year:

Nov 3, 2014, 4:23 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16147787

Checkin' it twice...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome, Ace.

Nov 3, 2014, 5:26 PM

But be careful. You know how the mods feel about lists...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

add cockfloppin' to the list: being up by 2 TD's in the 4th

Nov 4, 2014, 6:31 AM [ in reply to Re "Clemsoning": I've been keeping a little List this year: ]

quarter and losing to an (inferior?) team. I'm not so sure about the inferior part, those teams must've been better than sc after all.

Watson has come off the bench cold several times this year.

Nov 3, 2014, 4:33 PM

I don't think it matters one way or the other. He's not the type personality that needs to be pushed, he does the pushing.

I suspect the coaches will let this flow naturally. Being a pumper I'll stand behind their decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're right, he has been ready since he stepped on campus,

Nov 4, 2014, 6:33 AM

play him at will and I'm sure they'll be a little more careful with him.

Congrats to you and Nikki*****

Nov 3, 2014, 4:42 PM

Congrates David (and Nikki)

Nov 3, 2014, 4:51 PM

I actually met you two in route back from Tallahassee and can say in all honesty, David married up, Nikki honey, well.....you didn't. But David seems like a pretty good fella.

Best of luck to both of you!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Thoughts on Clemsoning, a wedding, defense and whether Watson should play

Nov 3, 2014, 5:15 PM

CONGRATS!!!

Re: New Story: Thoughts on Clemsoning, a wedding, defense and whether Watson should play

Nov 3, 2014, 5:20 PM

He did OK against UGA in his first game action ever at the college level. I don't see how GT would make him any less of a QB after actually having about 5 quarters of big time FB under his belt. Hold him, and give him that extra week....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Steele-Hood union has a nice ring to it. Best wishes!***

Nov 3, 2014, 5:56 PM

Nov 3, 2014, 6:33 PM

Congratulations, David. Beautiful bride.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2014, 6:38 PM

CONGRATULATIONS David and in keeping with the football theme, it appears that you significantly outkicked your coverage!! Best to you both. The "clemsoning" verb should never have appeared in the lexicon to begin with........if anything it should have been "Bowdening" as he was to only coach that pulled such stunts with any kind of regularity. Truth be known, we were probably never as good as the pundits said to begin with and we got some kind of positive media bias simply because he was a Bowden. FWIW..............Now go take your bride to someplace exotic like Walhalla or Westminster for a real honeymoon.

Nov 3, 2014, 7:27 PM

Congrats David. My parents were married at the OSC

congrats!

Nov 3, 2014, 7:35 PM

As long as you know , that you did better then you should have.. way to swing for the fences! Lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

whether Watson should play

Nov 3, 2014, 7:50 PM

I think he should come in a few series, maybe three. That will give us 3 .TD'S . Add that to stouts 10 points. And 2 fumbles or interceptions and that leaves us with a 31 to 6 victory. Just saying.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If DW is cleared and has no pain and full mobility

Nov 3, 2014, 8:24 PM

Why would you not start him? Because you're afraid of him getting hurt again? I'm just not sure I follow any of this logic.

To me it's all up to the medical clearance, pain, and ability... In that order.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2014, 8:55 PM

I say dont play Watson because i dont trust chad morris to NOT run him just let him pass the ball. Morris play calling suxs!!!

thought "Clemsoning" had kinda changed

Nov 3, 2014, 10:13 PM

to shooting yourself in the foot in big games like we did at FSU and SC did Saturday.
Personally, the Clemsoning thing doesn't bother me as much as it does some people.
In a way, it is kind of a compliment; it means we're pretty good and are expected to
win against poor and average teams and play well against good teams. And, to be
honest, we've had some "interesting" games - don't really need to mention FSU this
year or last, one of the OBs, and a couple of the SC losses, particularly 2012. If their
was ever a game I thought we'd win and didn't in my 40+ years of watching the Tigers,
It was the 2012 SC game.

BINGO. "Clemsoning" is now "Beating yourself."

Nov 4, 2014, 8:15 AM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Nov 3, 2014, 10:18 PM

Congratulations from a guy who has been married to the same wonderful girl for 42+ years. We married when I was playing at Clemson (on the team is more like it, as I wasn't very good), and Dr. Robert Edwards gave her a job at Clemson working in the Registrar's Office right after I reported for Fall Practice. What a great start to a wonderful life together! I hope you have all the happiness in the world, and always remember the special place Clemson has played and will forever play in your lives. By the way, we still count our Clemson days among our best, and they really were.

Did you live in a Clemson prefab?***

Nov 4, 2014, 12:48 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you live in a Clemson prefab?***

Nov 4, 2014, 7:57 AM

No, we lived in a duplex on Cochran Road. We didn't have very much $ nor stuff, but we had the best of times, and I made the best grades I ever made. Funny how a great woman can make a guy do right, and she still does.

Nov 3, 2014, 11:00 PM

Congrats! Fall weddings are awesome! (My 7th anniversary is today). Hate that yours felt like winter. Good luck. Marriage is a beautiful thing!

Nov 4, 2014, 12:21 AM

Lets leave this up too the medical staff, the coaching staff and Deshaun. Of course we want to see Deshaun back ... the staff has all the knowledge and will do what is the best thing for Deshaun and the future of Clemson Football. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wake Forest is not a slouch ... so we need to bring our A game. I hope to see the defense obtain Number One ranking next week. Go Big "D". Offense I know you can do it. Believe in yourselves and each other. I believe in you guys and I know that Cole and the whole offense will have a break out game this week. Special Teams lets show our stuff this week. Bring it home guys.

Congratulations to you and your beautiful bride!! Yes that

Nov 4, 2014, 6:29 AM

old church can get pretty hot and pretty cold....modern amenities, where would we be without them. I'm sure it was a beautiful wedding!

When two fond hearts as one unite

Nov 4, 2014, 6:39 AM

The yoke is easy and the burden light.

Congratulations.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2014, 8:45 AM

Been to 2 weddings at the OSC. ONE in August and one in January. I don't know which one was the worst due to temperature. January was one that a lot of " antifreeze was consumed. August, I wish I had a tuxedo t shirt and black shorts! Anyway, congrats to you both and hope you live happily ever after and then some.

Play DW at Wake if medically cleared for as long as needed. Get him some snaps to get back into his rythem and ready for GA. Tech. Hopefully, Chad will have some non running plays for him if the O can hold up.

Nov 4, 2014, 9:16 AM

Congratulations to you an Nikki, David. Great post as usual. As for "Clemsoning" I think it provides us a platform to continue listing the accomplishments of the past few years as you have done so well. So long as we don't get defensive about it, let the fools continue to reveal their ignorance. A win against the coots will go a long way towards extinguishing the term....

Nov 4, 2014, 9:59 PM

Congratulations. I think you need to do like Coach Swinney...Take a few days off away from the press and stay focused on more important matters!

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic