Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The Throw will go down in Clemson lore if Tigers win championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

New Story: The Throw will go down in Clemson lore if Tigers win championship

Nov 30, 2015, 4:52 PM

The Throw will go down in Clemson lore if Tigers win championship

Denver has The Drive and The Fumble. Clemson will have The Throw. Top-ranked Clemson defeated arch-rival 37-32 Saturday in Columbia to remain undefeated and in the hunt for a spot in the College Football Playoff. If the Tigers make it to the playoff, they might be able to look back at “The Throw” as one of the key plays in getting them there. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The Throw will go down in Clemson lore if Tigers win championship

Nov 30, 2015, 5:10 PM

Yes that was a great play but that is NOT the throw. The throw occurred aginst LSU in the Chick-Fil-a bowl game (4th and and a mile) in the 4th quarter to Hopkins (if I remember right). That was the play that lead to the game leading score and the win over LSU. If Boyd does not make that throw Clemson loses and who knows where we would be today.

There is lore for just the Clemson USuC game.

Nov 30, 2015, 5:29 PM

"The Catch". "The Catch II". And now "The Throw". I can buy it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: There is lore for just the Clemson USuC game.

Nov 30, 2015, 5:31 PM

The pass and catch against the death valley Jr team was ridiculous. I mean I couldn't watch that enough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, Avenroot is correct. I was at

Nov 30, 2015, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Throw will go down in Clemson lore if Tigers win championship ]

that game, and once Boyd made that connection, the whole vibe in the place changed. It was like, "This is it! We are finally getting over that hump." Even though we had to drive another 35 yards or so prior to kicking that FG. There's been bad since then (a few more losses to the #####, the nightmare in DV against FSU on Gameday), but we started doing enough positive things since then to keep the ball rolling and the momentum building. I trace so much of this current run back to that night.

Message was edited by: luckyj®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

Re: New Story: The Throw will go down in Clemson lore if Tigers win championship

Nov 30, 2015, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Throw will go down in Clemson lore if Tigers win championship ]

I agree Boyd had the "Throw" Nuk had the "Catch". Boyd was fearless on that throw. Nuk made a great diving catch.

The Watson throw was in the 4th qtr. That was an awesome throw. NFL caliber throw. Leggett had a great 3rd down catch a few plays before that on the same drive. His stock should be rising. That was a game saving drive too!

Nov 30, 2015, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Throw will go down in Clemson lore if Tigers win championship ]

"This is a family on this Team and I love it."----DW4

Nov 30, 2015, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Throw will go down in Clemson lore if Tigers win championship ]

Great play call coaches!

4th and 16

Nov 30, 2015, 5:14 PM

is The Throw.

Period.

^^^^This***

Nov 30, 2015, 5:45 PM

That throw was the start of this era.***

Nov 30, 2015, 5:56 PM [ in reply to 4th and 16 ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4th and 16

Nov 30, 2015, 7:58 PM [ in reply to 4th and 16 ]

That is the throw that got us rolling I believe

Re: 4th and 16

Nov 30, 2015, 11:04 PM [ in reply to 4th and 16 ]

I don't think it's even close. If 4th and 16 does not happen, we lose to LSU, and the losses to WV,FSU, USuC drag into another year. Program may not would be where it is now. I was getting nervous Sat, but if Superman misses that throw it's not the end. 4 and 16 was do or die.

Nov 30, 2015, 5:14 PM

I love the heck out of that throw and it was a huge play. But by far, nothing tops our defense stopping Dalvin Cook on 4th & 1. Shoot, I'd even put the 2pt conversion stop in the monsoon ahead of that throw. Doesn't devalue the play but let's not be prisoners of the moment here.

Lol so do I!

Nov 30, 2015, 5:15 PM

Really hard to not like these guys playing for us. I'll be watching Saturday night , hoping for a championship!
GO TIGERS!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2015, 5:23 PM

stepping up big, time after time, is why we are going to Charlotte (and beyond)! These guys have ice water in their veins. I love seeing the confidence in each other.

I do wish they would keep their foot on the gas! Too many times we jump out to a lead and then start calling conservative plays! Let Watson throw down field - I haven't seen another college team with as many people with great hands and speed as the Tigers.

Nov 30, 2015, 5:30 PM

They also have "the stop" when they stopped notre lame from scoring the two point conversion that somehow, according to ESPN, would have been worth 3 points and won the game!

Nov 30, 2015, 5:49 PM

As nice of a play it was, I don't think this is deserving of its own moniker. I never once felt that we would lose that game. We never trailed. I agree that 4th and 16 is a different story.

Where are all of those Beakers that said

Nov 30, 2015, 5:53 PM

DW4 doesn't SEE safeties?????

SILENCE!!!!!!!

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Thompson

Nov 30, 2015, 5:57 PM

Thompson is going to be a great wideout before he is done at Clemson

That couldn't be true because I read on FGF that Dabo only

Nov 30, 2015, 6:12 PM

knows how to hire good coordinators!

Except it happened in the 4th qtr...

Nov 30, 2015, 8:46 PM

3rd and 7 at SC 33
(9:38 - 4th) Deshaun Watson pass complete to Trevion Thompson for 24 yds to the SCaro 9 for a 1ST down

Helluva throw though.

My question would be why not be aggressive the entire

Nov 30, 2015, 8:48 PM

game?

Re: My question would be why not be aggressive the entire

Nov 30, 2015, 11:59 PM

Our coaches didn't want another blowout. That Miami thing was the straw that broke the camel's back. They've toned down the play calling a lot since then.

I think they can pull a Miami type game our of their pockets any time they please.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:I'd like to see it more often. We've recruited the studs

Dec 1, 2015, 8:29 AM

to make it happen. It's fun to turn them loose and play.

Hope to see more Thompson, Cain & Leggett

Nov 30, 2015, 9:30 PM

Well done Trev!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2015, 9:56 PM

This was definitely in the 4th quarter, not the 3rd.

Nope. Can't see it.

Nov 30, 2015, 10:20 PM

That throw was not the stuff of legend. Can't see that play being passed down through generations as a critical tipping point in a game. However, it WAS good to see the coach override his coordinators and stop them from going into conservative mode at the end of the game, AGAIN. (wuss-mode)

It wasn't even the best play of the game.

Dec 1, 2015, 7:38 AM

Trying to make something out of nothing.
I agree with 4th and 16 for sure!

Dec 1, 2015, 7:50 AM

If we start counting "The Throws" from DW4, we're gonna need a bigger computer.

Dec 1, 2015, 7:58 AM

The deep ball to Cain was a pure pass ...a Dan Marino special . He placed that ball at about 50 yds into the closely held hand basket of a receiver running top speed and well covered by the DB .

That throw was marvel worthy .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Agreed, perfect throw! +1***

Dec 1, 2015, 9:10 AM

Dec 1, 2015, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Throw will go down in Clemson lore if Tigers win championship ]

Yes it was great having to listen to the ESecPN announcers talk about how good of a touch Watson has. They were saying that there is no one at any level and any time that throws a better deep ball than Watson. He's only a sophomore guys we have at least another year with him at the helm. It's great to be a Tiger. Go Tigers.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic