Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The Numbers Are In: Coaches' salaries released
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

New Story: The Numbers Are In: Coaches' salaries released

Jan 12, 2015, 5:49 PM

The Numbers Are In: Coaches' salaries released

Each Clemson assistant football coach received a raise for the 2015 season, and TigerNet has the numbers. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The Numbers Are In: Coaches' salaries released

Jan 12, 2015, 5:52 PM

Well-deserved raises! Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2015, 7:27 PM

Absolutely! Finally SHOWED him the money. We all knew CM could be replaced and the bowl game showed Scott and Elliott have the offense under control. Losing BV would be far more catastrophic. Unfortunately I share the opinion of others, BV stays until Snyder retires and the K State job comes open. Here's to Coach Snyders health and long may he coach!

Jan 12, 2015, 8:11 PM

With these raises to well deserving men, Clemson Uniiversity showed the world we ARE AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE a world class university! We take a back east to NOONE!!!!

Jan 12, 2015, 5:56 PM

Coach V should be one of top DC in salary now, as he should be. Everything looks good across the board as far as the other assistants.

He is but Aubarn signed Muskystump for 1.8 million I think..

Jan 12, 2015, 6:18 PM

I don't think Oklahoma would have paid him that and they knew what he could do. I think when Venables came to Clemson all they did was match the offer which was probably a slap in the face to Venables but it worked out for us. Go get you another raise Coach V... Go Tigers!!!!!!!

Re: He is but Aubarn signed Muskystump for 1.8 million I think..

Jan 12, 2015, 6:36 PM

No, that's FAR from correct...

Venables was offered $800K in his first 2 years at Clemson...Oklahoma was originally only paying him $440K, and after Clemson offered nearly double his salary (so not a slap in the face), they came up near it trying to keep him, but didn't quite match it and he still left anyways.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7477981/oklahoma-sooners-brent-venables-leaving-dc-job-clemson-tigers
http://oklahoma.247sports.com/Board/86/Contents/OU-ups-Venables-salary-near-Clemsons-but-still-leaves--8025338 (I can only see the headline here but it verifies them not quite hitting the Clemson offer)

Re: He is but Aubarn signed Muskystump for 1.8 million I think..

Jan 12, 2015, 11:49 PM

I think they were referring to Oklahoma matching it, not Clemson.

I guess Dabo's most recent deal kept his the same...

Jan 12, 2015, 6:06 PM

would think that:
A: O coordinators are in for a juicy deal if things pan out as they should.
B: Position coaches also will see a rain maker dependent on the same.

Total $ gonna need to make a leap fairly soon - and a great year is gonna demand it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well if the offense rolls like everyone wants then......

Jan 12, 2015, 6:14 PM

......I imagine in the next year or 2 one of the OC's won't be here. You think about it there is no way you can pay 2 OC's the way you paid Morris. My question is if that is the case who do you keep, Scott or Elliott? The way people talk about Elliott I would guess he would be the one to stay and Scott move on, but lets not worry about that at least until the bridge comes into focus.....

Re: Well if the offense rolls like everyone wants then......

Jan 12, 2015, 7:26 PM

With some people, it isn't as much about the money as it is with the work environment, the people you work for, and the people you work around. We would easily pay Elliot and Scott a Mil each if it all works the way that Dabo hopes it will.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well if the offense rolls like everyone wants then......

Jan 13, 2015, 12:42 AM [ in reply to Well if the offense rolls like everyone wants then...... ]

(#1)DEFENSE WINS BALLGAMES, OFFENSE MAKES YOU LOOK GOOD!!! Go TIGERS and Go $$COACHES$$. Now lets go and bring that matching Oculus looking National Championship Trophy to Clemson next year. P.S. THIS WILL TRUELY BE A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN FOR OUR PROGRAM(!!) CAN'T WAIT!!

Wonder what Streeter's salary at Richmond was?

Jan 12, 2015, 6:07 PM

Hope he got a raise!

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

reasonable question - but I am sure it is a raise -

Jan 12, 2015, 6:10 PM

and the dude is gonna really do well - he is on the way - smart and good - and a Tiger...you can finish the thought...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Streeter will be groomed to take over OC 1 day

Jan 12, 2015, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Wonder what Streeter's salary at Richmond was? ]

So his pay will keep going up as success occurs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Streeter will be groomed to take over OC 1 day

Jan 12, 2015, 7:21 PM

Agreed. I think this is Dabo's formula and Streeter's the next guy up.

If Venables stays, he will be a legend.***

Jan 12, 2015, 6:12 PM

Re: If Venables stays, he will be a legend.***

Jan 12, 2015, 6:16 PM

He knows the X and Os and how to call a game, but the biggest difference is that he can coach the fundamentals it appears. There were maybe 3 guys on the team you could count on to consistently tackle someone else when he got here. Now it seems like I've seen less missed tackles and blown gap assignments in the past 3 years than I saw in 2011 alone.

+1 for the tackling - u dead on there.***

Jan 12, 2015, 6:47 PM

Jan 12, 2012, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: If Venables stays, he will be a legend.*** ]

I surely hope so. I hope he takes the head spot if Dabo moves on too. Such an intense and classy guy.

Boom.***

Jan 12, 2015, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: If Venables stays, he will be a legend.*** ]

Jan 12, 2015, 7:30 PM [ in reply to If Venables stays, he will be a legend.*** ]

I think that BV just had a heavy duty ball and chain locked around his ankles for a very long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I concur..... the best we've ever had... Oklahoma is idiotic***

Jan 12, 2015, 9:10 PM [ in reply to If Venables stays, he will be a legend.*** ]

Jan 3, 2022, 11:11 PM

The good news is Venables at $1,350,000; you have to pay to keep a guy like that. He's proven he's the best in the nation and needs to be payed as such.

However, the bad news is the other defensive coaches got piddling increases. That just isn't very smart. Dan Brooks - Defensive Tackles got a $15,000 raise...on this defense? Marion Hobby - Defensive ends also got $15,000 raise while Mike Reed-Defensive backs did a little better with $25,000 raise. These are some of the best defensive coaches in the country. At the pace we're on, we can ill afford defections to other schools for more money.

In total the University actually CUT total salaries by $205,000.

Not the smartest move I've seen my alma mater make.

Nov 5, 2012, 8:21 AM

I was going to mention this as well. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a bad idea though.

I was just wondering if it would create friction among the staff when one coach gets a 54% raise and the others under him get 4% raises. Now to be fair to Clemson, our position coaches make as much as some big 5 coordinators, so it's hard to give out huge raises when they are already paid so well.

I agree. The assistants deserved better raises...??***

Jan 12, 2015, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Numbers Are In: Coaches' salaries released ]

Re: I agree. The assistants deserved better raises...??***

Jan 12, 2015, 10:31 PM

Whose salary gets cut then? Dabo is already forfeiting pay to free up the $ in the contracts!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree. The assistants deserved better raises...??***

Jan 12, 2015, 11:18 PM

Dabo makes $3.15 mil!!!

Jan 12, 2015, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Numbers Are In: Coaches' salaries released ]

I'd find it really hard to believe if they aren't compensated better than others in the same position. Come on guys, you can't pay everyone a million bucks. Also can't compare their raise to their boss' raise. You get paid for the position you're in. Not everybody wins the same trophy!

Jan 12, 2015, 7:37 PM

Exactly, and I'm sure all the raises were discussed with each one before everything was finalized for public viewing.

Jan 12, 2015, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Numbers Are In: Coaches' salaries released ]

True, but it would still be hard for me to swallow if my boss got a raise 30 times more in value and 13 times more in percentage when my hard work was a contributing factor in his performance.

It's not my call in any way, but I would have thought that Hobby, Brooks, and Reed would have gotten a larger raise due to the performance of their units.

Jan 13, 2015, 12:57 AM

Lets not forget that Dabo took a portion of his pay to reward his assistant coaches a personal pay raise a few years back. The first I heard of by a college head coach. I know these assistants didn't forget his generosity.

Jan 12, 2015, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Numbers Are In: Coaches' salaries released ]

Could be part of the plan though. I anticipate that extra savings will go towards a Scott and Elliot raise later. We could see them both payed about 7-800,000 each in two years. And then maybe after two more years one of them leaves.

Jan 12, 2015, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Numbers Are In: Coaches' salaries released ]

They reserved some of that budget for next year when the OC's prove if they can sustain success and both get hefty raises.

Jan 12, 2015, 6:42 PM

What about Dabo? What was his pay before and after? Also Brandon Streeter, what was he making prior to Clemson?

Coach V's intense looks remind me of Skeletor

Jan 12, 2015, 6:46 PM

The scary, demented version ... not the screw-up version.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Dang, coaching pays some serious jack!

Jan 12, 2015, 6:54 PM

Hard work pays off!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, they are actually under paid for all the work they do

Jan 12, 2015, 11:04 PM

Don't know why we arent raising ticket prices, tuition, tec to,pay these guys what they are really worth.

Jan 12, 2015, 6:59 PM

AD made out pretty well on this deal, hopefully the difference after inflation will go to putting a 2nd fax muchine in the Men's BBall office.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about Batson?***

Jan 12, 2015, 7:49 PM

they decreased his pay by $50k

Jan 12, 2015, 7:56 PM

Jk ??

Re: What about Batson?***

Jan 12, 2015, 10:44 PM [ in reply to What about Batson?*** ]

I'm sure that Batson gets paid out of the athletic pot being that he works with all the athletes....

Makes sense

Jan 13, 2015, 10:05 AM

I'm in favor of having an elite strength staff and paying them handsomely. They spend way more time with the players in the offseason than the regular coaches are allowed to.

Jan 12, 2015, 8:08 PM

How much does the guy that pulls coach V back to the sideline get paid? He did much better this bowl game than last.

I underestimated Coach V's. I'm glad I was wrong.***

Jan 12, 2015, 9:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David Hood, can you find out if BV has the same type

Jan 12, 2015, 10:24 PM

clause that Morris had regarding a buyout for another DC vs a HC position?

Jan 12, 2015, 10:54 PM

Next up is Brooks, then Caldwell. Brooks is beyond proven himself and Caldwell now has depth and talent to break through in 2015/2016.

All-Star coaching staff folks, with a few more elders in office roles. We are truly blessed as an institution, fan base and community as a whole.

Compare our position coaches to the market

Jan 13, 2015, 6:52 AM

All of these guys are making big money. The argument about how much MORE they should have made can't be discussed just by looking at how much they made last year.

Does anyone have any idea how much position coaches at similar schools / our competition / in the ACC are getting paid.

If you are already making more than any other position coach in the country and still get a $15k raise -- that's great! If you are making 1/2 of what the position coaches at NC State make and only get a $15k raise, then I think you have a hellova argument that you aren't getting what you are worth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Jan 13, 2015, 9:21 AM

Glad to see Coach Venables get a big raise and be here at least 4 more years! He deserves every dime he got. The rest.of staff also got.good raises. I agree, the University saved $200k for future raises, and that probably will come in the next 1-2 years as team wins on a consistent basis, or a NC. GO TIGERS!!!

If these coaches are happy I'm happy.***

Jan 13, 2015, 10:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic