Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Texas prospect drawing Clemson interest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

New Story: Texas prospect drawing Clemson interest

Apr 14, 2016, 8:01 AM

Texas prospect drawing Clemson interest

Mustapha Muhammad’s recruitment is just getting started, but he’s already attracting offers from all over the country, including one from Danny Pearman and Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Texas prospect drawing Clemson interest

Apr 14, 2016, 8:04 AM

6'5" and 230 lbs ? With that wingspan I would be interested to know if he plays and DE ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 15, 2016, 12:27 AM

I get TE commit CJ Chalk from Texas has decommitted or maybe I missed something. (????)

Apr 15, 2016, 6:28 AM

He did, but at least we got his brother JC.

Apr 15, 2016, 6:30 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Texas prospect drawing Clemson interest ]

He knows Dabo, so that rules him out too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Someone must see some serious upside with this kid.

Apr 15, 2016, 7:37 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Texas prospect drawing Clemson interest ]

That's why I do what I do, and coaches coach I guess.

Apr 14, 2016, 8:08 AM

Chad Morris should be jumping all over this kid!

Apr 14, 2016, 10:21 AM

I believe that if we would have won the NC, we still wouldn't have a snowball's chance in H&LL of pulling a kid with his body type and talent 900 plus miles away from his family and friends, and not knowing no one even close to Clemson. It's a wasted hope, wish, or even a dream. There are a few Elite schools between him and Clemson that will be on him faster than a cat on a hot Tin roof telling him how far away Clemson is, and how much closer they are, and how much easier it would be for his family to come and watch him play college Football with them. To beat out Herman @ Huston, Shaw @ Stanford, Stoops @ Okla, Miles @ LSU, Saban @ Bama, Patterson @ TCU, and several more closer than we are. If Dabo or any of our coaches can pull that off with that one recruit, they are way underpaid even after there raises. I think that I'll just dream about getting the recruits that we stand a better chance of it coming true!!! ???? On our chances of signing Mustapha Muhammad to Clemson ??!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2016, 11:46 AM

Do you think these kids from Texas don't go elsewhere? Last cycle a lot of the top talent in Texas went to Ohio st and Michigan!! We are becoming a power that can pull these kids. Way to believe in Dabo and staff hell we got the best player from Hawaii.

Phone calls and offers are cheap.

Apr 14, 2016, 12:10 PM

If the kid bites and takes a visit to Clemson there's a chance Dabo can set the hook. He has the right bait.

It's not likely, maybe a single digit shot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Phone calls and offers are cheap.

Apr 14, 2016, 2:02 PM

You are right about that but the on field success we are having is getting guys like this to Clemson. Once they get on campus our staff works their magic. We will be getting kids from these areas like Texas more often soon. I'm surprised BV hasn't tried to hit the region more since he has ties in the area tho there are loads of talent in our area, we usually don't have to go far for elites.

Apr 14, 2016, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Texas prospect drawing Clemson interest ]

Oh ye of little faith . When did you go over to the dark side .? ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2016, 2:01 PM

?? Never, but the reality of us getting Elite recruits from the state of Texas has been slim to none. We got Kellen Jones that followed BV from Okla and he quit. We had the one kid that rode a bus from Texas that said Clemson was his life time dream school, but his dream changed when he was offered by a closer to home school. Our luck with bringing in Texas kids with elite talent hasn't been good at all. I guess you're right, I have no faith in that we have a chance in getting this one. I realize there is a first time for anything, but I don't think that it will be with Mustapha Muhammad. I would love to be wrong about this one. But until we do get one that blows up records with outstanding success at Clemson that would help out our name in Texas schools. My faith of signing kids from Texas is slim to none. That is my opinion, and I never question the opinions of others bc that belongs to them and how they feel, and I'm OK with that. If your opinion of my statement is one of ye of little faith on the dark side is OK with me, but it doesn't make it true. I have 53 years of being orange, and my faith in my Tigers is off the charts, just not of a Texas kid becoming a Tiger. But, there will be many just as good or better to fill the offer that I'm betting he won't accept. And I'm not trying to ? on other opinions, just offering mine.;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2016, 2:04 PM

It was more of a joke I know by reading your post you are a faithful clemson fan. Also you are knowledgable just feel like we will get more now bc of national attention we've gotten

Re: Kellen Jones

Apr 14, 2016, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Texas prospect drawing Clemson interest ]

He went to HS in metro Atlanta. Not a real Texas/Oklahoma native.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kellen Jones

Apr 15, 2016, 8:29 AM

I wouldn't have known that by looking at his recruiting profile. Rosanna Danna says that you're d@mned if you, and d@mned if you don't!!!

http://www.tigernet.com/clemson-football/player/Kellen-Jones-240

Palo Alto is 1000 miles further than Clemson ...

Apr 14, 2016, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Texas prospect drawing Clemson interest ]

... from this young man's home. So Stanford is not a good example.

Apr 15, 2016, 4:47 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Texas prospect drawing Clemson interest ]

You realize that Stanford is TWICE the distance from him that Clemson is, right?

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic