Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney responds to Las Vegas shootings with passionate speech
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney responds to Las Vegas shootings with passionate speech

Oct 3, 2017, 12:36 PM

Swinney responds to Las Vegas shootings with passionate speech

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney was passionate during his weekly press conference Tuesday, and he was on point when discussing the upcoming football game against Wake Forest and even recruiting. But his real passion came out when he asked about the recent events in Las Vegas and how he addresses that topic with his team. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, I think this man could run our country***

Oct 3, 2017, 12:41 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

He has my Vote!!!***

Oct 3, 2017, 12:44 PM

Re: He has my Vote!!!***

Oct 3, 2017, 1:23 PM

He will not get my vote. I don't want to lose him at Clemson. Kind of selfish that way. He is the kind of man that will develop leaders in this world. Like he said one day he will look back and say "I had a hand in that man becoming the President of the United States." He will be better suited to stay at Clemson and continue to build on that. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looking at who we got now, I'd say he's overqualified.***

Oct 3, 2017, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Honestly, I think this man could run our country*** ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looking at who we got now, I'd say he's overqualified.***

Oct 3, 2017, 9:25 PM

We have the best man since Ronald in office right now if people would open their eyes

LOL That's a scary take.***

Oct 4, 2017, 11:04 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy is defining a new standard in coaching...

Oct 3, 2017, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Honestly, I think this man could run our country*** ]

He is off the charts.

I suspect the left will have a field day with Dabo's values for coaching a football team.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: This guy is defining a new standard in coaching...

Oct 3, 2017, 1:59 PM

Perhaps you should go back and read the article again. We can disagree but not be disagreeable. If more people would take up that mantra, perhaps we could get more things accomplished in this country and stop beating each other down. Nothing is more disheartening than reading comments such as yours.

Oct 3, 2017, 2:01 PM [ in reply to This guy is defining a new standard in coaching... ]

I am on the "left" and love what Coach had to say. I respect your point of view -- after all, you're part of the Clemson family. Please respect mine. That is what Coach is saying.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2017, 9:21 PM

So you're all for gun control and blaming the NRA for all this

Oct 3, 2017, 9:38 PM

Try again. I am all for blaming the maniac who sat in a firing crouch and slaughtered 58 people and wounded more than 500 others. Your jumping to conclusions and invective is precisely what Coach is talking about what is wrong with our country. I hope it made you feel better to attack someone you do not even know, and about whom you know nothing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2017, 11:01 AM

I didn't attack you - snowflake

Oct 4, 2017, 4:39 PM

You just proved his point.

Re: Honestly, I think this man could run our country***

Oct 3, 2017, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Honestly, I think this man could run our country*** ]

;) :)

I was thinking the same thing***

Oct 3, 2017, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Honestly, I think this man could run our country*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2017, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Honestly, I think this man could run our country*** ]

Wish the president of Clemson would listen and run a few of these lidtards off our campus

Oct 5, 2017, 2:38 PM

You mean like over half of the professors at Clemson I've ever talked to.....or half the student base? Go have coffee with some of those guys and just listen to another person's point of view. You'd be surprised on how much we all truly agree upon. It's both the far left and the far right which benefit from the bickering of the middle class.

Wow, just wow. He gets it.***

Oct 3, 2017, 1:41 AM

God Bless you Dabo and thank you for your leadership.

Oct 3, 2017, 12:43 PM

We are beyond Blessed to have this man as our coach. Very well said, honestly form his heart. Change what you can immediately around you.

Re: New Story: Swinney responds to Las Vegas shootings with passionate speech

Oct 3, 2017, 12:44 PM

He's right you know. The people we must worry about the most are the lost ones. The ones that feel no love and no purpose in life. They will destroy this country with a spiteful rage.

best coach in America

Oct 3, 2017, 12:45 PM

you can see why mom's and dad's all over trust their kids with this man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2017, 12:47 PM

Wish we had more leaders in government that listened to the other side instead of just trying to win the arugment, vote, whatever the case may be. It is hard to be a family if you don't listen and Dabo seems to listen and respect everyone, not just the people who think like he does. Be it left or right or black or white we need to treat everyone like they were family and things would get better. Sure they are never going to be perfect but better is a good place to start. :)

Oct 3, 2017, 12:47 PM

This is where you are silent and in awe!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2017, 12:54 PM

Amen!

We will look back one day and realize how lucky we were

Oct 3, 2017, 1:05 PM

To have a great man like Dabo leading our great football program.

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I'm looking out the windshield and I'm saying it. & my opinion

Oct 3, 2017, 1:06 PM

won't change if we lose the next 10 in a row . . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

The Sweetest Days

Oct 3, 2017, 1:17 PM [ in reply to We will look back one day and realize how lucky we were ]

Enjoy every Clemson Tiger moment.

"So, we'll whisper a dream here in the darkness.
Watching the stars till their gone.
And when even the mem'ries have all faded away,
these days go on and on."

https://youtu.be/Yu38a7w9Ss4

Oct 3, 2017, 1:14 PM

This man lives his faith and not ashamed to speak the truth...those young men are in good hands at Clemson! This is why we love and respect him so much. Thank U Coach Swinney! May God continue to bless and keep you and your family. God bless!

Dabo Is As Good As It Gets In A Coach

Oct 3, 2017, 1:16 PM

He is a great example, because he lives it and puts it on display for the world to see. How can anybody not love and respect this man and what he teaches?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2017, 1:21 PM

People can argue all day about how to fix things politically but honestly if we don't have the love and respect for our fellow man whatever path we choose will fail. That's what I tell people all the time. Thank God Dabo is a voice of truth in this hour. Love your neighbor. Value your fellow man. God bless all of you.

Tweet that!

Oct 3, 2017, 1:36 PM

Nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

He is a Great Man & a Winner. Some would be happy w/either,

Oct 3, 2017, 1:37 PM

WE GET BOTH!!!!

GREAT TIME TO BE A TIGER

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're so blessed to have Dabo as the coach of our beloved

Oct 3, 2017, 1:41 PM

Tigers. The team is blessed to have him as their coach, leader, and teacher.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2017, 2:13 PM

You know Dabo was grieving for the families of the 500+ victims, the way he treats his players and their families and the family mentality at Clemson. His remarks are always passionate; he believes the words; lives them.

To me, he's so successful at Clemson because of his leadership, recruiting, and simple principle of making each player the best they can be each game and getting their buyin through disciplined habits, both academically and physically.

Yeah, he's a great coach surrounded by great coaches. You get him out of his comfort zone, say in politics, he'd be in shark infested waters and the sharks don't care about principles, just blood. Not cynical, just true. Let's keep him at WRU, QBU, DLINEU.!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2017, 2:47 PM

Sad, but true. Stay right where you've been planted, Coach. You're doing great! God's richest blessings upon the whole Clemson family.

Swinney talks about teaching every day

Oct 3, 2017, 4:06 PM

Dabo talks about learning from adversity and learning from success.

I don't think kids are taught that enogh anymore.

Much of what has gone south in this country started when we stopped keeping score in little league games. Adults thinking that we were teaching "fairness". Nothing is "fair" in life. You have to, as individuals, earn it.

The other problem is in the pursuit of the result. Dabo does not teach for the result, but to work harder in the preparation. That's where the real success has come for this program. He has our Tigers working harder, practicing smarter than any other program in the country.

BTW, I'm joing Christian Wilkins campaign as soon as he decides to run for office.

Oct 3, 2017, 4:14 PM

He would have my vote!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thousand thumbs up!!!

Oct 3, 2017, 4:21 PM

LOVE

Oct 3, 2017, 5:30 PM

God Bless you, Coach, I wish everyone would take your advice.

Dabo is not only a great coach,

Oct 3, 2017, 6:11 PM

but an example for fathers everywhere.

Darn confetti.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Looks like politics is in his future, or should be!***

Oct 3, 2017, 6:16 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DaboU!!!***

Oct 3, 2017, 6:16 PM

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

A Living Legend - and not just on gameday***

Oct 3, 2017, 6:26 PM

Dabo is the best, and it's not even close.***

Oct 3, 2017, 11:51 PM

GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 4, 2017, 1:42 AM

One of my favorite organizations is Big Brothers Big Sisters. Our volunteers try to make the world a better place one child at a time. Dabo is doing the same thing, except he had a lot more young men to help at a critical time in their lives. This world needs more Dabos helping to develop the young people who will be our future. Thank you Dabo. I have never been prouder to be a Clemson man.

Oct 4, 2017, 10:25 AM

Wow! Amazing and challenging!! I'm asking myself if I'm "taking it with me" and like Dabo, bold enough to try to outwardly influence positive change in my network? Wish we all could take just a small part of Dabo's enthusiasm and zest for positive living and be instruments of change.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic