Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney expects Tigers to contend for ACC Championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney expects Tigers to contend for ACC Championship

Jul 15, 2015, 1:19 PM

Swinney expects Tigers to contend for ACC Championship

Clemson’s football team faces a lot of high expectations heading into the 2015, season, but faces just as many question marks after off-season turmoil and roster turnover. However, Dabo Swinney expects his team to play in 15 games, meaning his goal is for the Tigers to play for the ACC Championship in December.(Photo by Mark Crammer) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't 15 wins, more importantly, mean

Jul 15, 2015, 1:37 PM

Swinney expects us in the National Championship?

15 games****

Jul 15, 2015, 1:39 PM

And that means play in nc game

Jul 15, 2015, 1:56 PM

Win or lose

Only way to 15 unless you have the Hawaii exemption which we obviously don't.

I like his positive attitude especially for the players

Jul 15, 2015, 3:10 PM

Having a positive HC helps the freshmen more than anyone.

And it looks like he is challenging a lot of the 2 and 3 deep guys to step up. I hope they do.

Re: I like his positive attitude especially for the players

Jul 15, 2015, 3:16 PM

We should always strive to "contend" and in order to do that, all the intangibles need to fall into place; no major injuries, lucky bounces, and officials that dont suck.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see more than striving to contend from him

Jul 15, 2015, 3:29 PM

Sometimes it is more of a fault than a good thing but he gives guys who bust their tails credit in interviews. His view of talent even when you consider how we are thinner in overall depth on both lines is bound to help the mental part for those players. Mainly the younger guys who have to step up like maybe Hyatt and Fruhmorgen and maybe even Maverick Morris on O. On D there is maybe less to worry about but his confidence is probably going to help guys like Yeargin or one of the newer guys like Ferrell or Bryant.

Re: I see more than striving to contend from him

Jul 15, 2015, 4:12 PM

I think our Defense may end up have better statistics that last years team. As long as Watson stays healthy we are going to have a lot less 3 and outs and the defense will be on the field less. If Watson starts the season last year, Georgia doesn't run all over us in the 4th. Take away the Georgia game and we are even lead the nation in a few more stats. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree on 3 and outs but how would DW change 4Q

Jul 15, 2015, 4:39 PM

in the UGA game last year?

Re: Agree on 3 and outs but how would DW change 4Q

Jul 15, 2015, 4:43 PM

too many 3-and-outs. O couldn't stay on the field, D got tired.

Jul 15, 2015, 4:48 PM

Morris is gone. I think play calling will be much better this year than last. That will also help the D. Calling plays to help a player and offense be successful. Ex: Cole in the bowl game...

Okay. Big IF though.***

Jul 15, 2015, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Agree on 3 and outs but how would DW change 4Q ]

Jul 15, 2015, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Agree on 3 and outs but how would DW change 4Q ]

Keep our O on the field, their O off the field, and score a few more points, UGA would have had to throw more, thus taking Gurley out of the game. Ifs, ands and buts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2015, 6:25 PM

I also think that if Morris would have slowed our offense down a lot in that game, our D would have gotten the badly needed rest that they needed in that game. DW4 and Cole was having trouble managing the game at the speed they were going, and UGA's D was easily timing our snap count and t-ing off on us. And those fast 3 and outs wore our D ragged.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic