Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Sunday night update: Who will fill the void left by Mike Williams?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: Sunday night update: Who will fill the void left by Mike Williams?

Sep 6, 2015, 7:16 PM

Sunday night update: Who will fill the void left by Mike Williams?

Clemson’s season couldn’t have gotten off to a better start with a 49-10 win over Wofford, but head coach Dabo Swinney’s Sunday teleconference was dominated by questions about Mike Williams’ health. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dear G-Hop and C Peake: there's no more time for talking...

Sep 6, 2015, 7:28 PM

time to stuff the High School press clippings under the mattress;

time to put the play-station away;

time to show up early and stay after until they run your #### home;

time to walk #4 to class, and then have his lunch ready for him afterwards;

time to pick #4's brain for every bit of info he's got, then ask him to go over it once again;

time to study film, not watch highlights;

time to play every play like there's no tomorrow, but only after asking Mike W just how it feels when that thought flashes before your eyes;

it's time to walk the walk....

it's money time.

Re: Dear G-Hop and C Peake: there's no more time for talking...

Sep 6, 2015, 7:30 PM

Superman has arrived!!

He wears #3!!

It's GO TIME Artavis!!!

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

are you saying those guys don't already

Sep 6, 2015, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Dear G-Hop and C Peake: there's no more time for talking... ]

show up early and stay late

talk gameplan with DW

study a lot of film

play hard all the time?

Are you suggesting they would rather be on the playstation than working to get better?

Charone Peake has endured much, and fought his ### off to get back... he knows what it means to feel like there's no tomorrow. He doesn't have to ask Mike W.

To suggest otherwise is insulting

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

epifail

Sep 6, 2015, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Dear G-Hop and C Peake: there's no more time for talking... ]

Peake has missed two seasons with injury. Hopper plays the slot

Re: epifail

Sep 6, 2015, 7:46 PM

That's right. It's gonna be Thompson or Cain.

Re: epifail

Sep 6, 2015, 8:21 PM [ in reply to epifail ]

I believe a healthy Dion Cain and T. Thompson will ease the loss of Mike Williams.
Mike should hang it up this season and
hopefully get well because he already has a great pass catching resume per T. McShay.
I remember Sterling Sharpe's neck
injury with Green Bay which unfortunately ended his career; so just get well Mike and hopefully prepare for the NFL; you will always be a Tiger.

Re: Dear G-Hop and C Peake: there's no more time for talking...

Sep 6, 2015, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Dear G-Hop and C Peake: there's no more time for talking... ]

Welcome to the "Thompson" era. Here comes #1!

Deer Dabo...

Sep 6, 2015, 7:39 PM

If App St is "a tough challenge for us", we got sirius problems. Unleash the Kraken and blow them out of Death Valley!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Deer Dabo...

Sep 6, 2015, 8:18 PM

Coach talk, dude. Give the other team respect, not fuel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Antelope Dabo***

Sep 7, 2015, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Deer Dabo... ]

If we were playing Daniel High School

Sep 7, 2015, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Deer Dabo... ]

Dabo would say that they are going to be a tough challenge. It's just coach speak and Dabo never waivers from his coach speak. Not respecting the opponent no matter how much of a challenge they truly pose is how teams get upset by lesser competition.

Re: Coach Speak

Sep 7, 2015, 12:25 PM

Exactly. Unlike that drunk the OBS, who kept making quips about that "little upstate school" until he had his #### handed to him in DV. He's cut back on the smarm towards that little school since then.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

I think we will be fine if #2 is the backup

Sep 6, 2015, 8:58 PM

Nick schessler sux.....and for th e love of God I don't want another Stoudt thing oh he's paid his dues.....we can win with schessler garbage.....no we can't unless he just hands the ball off. And why was he in when we are only up 14 pts in the first quarter...... Come on coach....we don't get respected cause we don't light up 60 on the score board against inferior opponents...... KELLY SHOULD GET ALL THE NUMBER 2 REPS. Golson played every snap for FSU.

Re: I think we will be fine if #2 is the backup

Sep 7, 2015, 9:55 AM

I think we will be fine and let the coaches do their job. We don't know how much of the playbook #2 even knows at this point. The reason Nick came in early is Dabo putthe whole second string offense in for a series. If they had scored, Watson's day was probably done. Since you cannot attend practice, you really have no idea what any player is ready for. Am sure Nick had a big case of nerves for his first series.
Since you are not a big-time coach, suggest you let the coaches earn their pay.

Re: I think we will be fine if #2 is the backup

Sep 7, 2015, 12:28 PM [ in reply to I think we will be fine if #2 is the backup ]

Go back to FGF.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

I think Nick Played well. Both backups need to hold onto

Sep 7, 2015, 12:40 PM [ in reply to I think we will be fine if #2 is the backup ]

the football

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Sunday night update: Who will fill the void left by Mike Williams?

Sep 6, 2015, 9:11 PM

My first thought is for Mike Williams. I pray he will heal without any complications. As a Child I had a serious neck injury and it can follow you into your older years. My prayers for healing on Mike's neck. Football is a game and can be life threatening. I hope we will be just as concerned with his health as with who will replace him. God bless this young man.

some of you lost me at misspelling Dear***

Sep 6, 2015, 9:21 PM

Re: New Story: Sunday night update: Who will fill the void left by Mike Williams?

Sep 6, 2015, 9:35 PM

Ray Ray looked good for the most part but Dabo seemed to forget his little miscue on the punt return.

Do that against a Notre Dame or FSU and it might cost us a W.

Sep 7, 2015, 9:57 AM

we probably won't see another punter like that this year. Ray Ray probably won't make that goof again.

Sep 7, 2015, 10:57 AM

Take care of your neck Mike. Let it completely heal and follow the Doc's orders. You will be back before you know it. GO TIGERS!!!

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic