Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Stoudt gets another chance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 82
| visibility 1

New Story: Stoudt gets another chance

Oct 11, 2014, 11:09 PM

Stoudt gets another chance

Quarterback Cole Stoudt handled his benching with maturity and poise, and his leadership and attitude paid off Saturday when he was called on to win Saturday's game against Louisville. What does he say about his preparation? When did Chad Morris want to take him off the field? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many dropped INTs did L'ville have? He was terrible. Not

Oct 11, 2014, 11:25 PM

to mention he forgot the clock was running out before the half. We better hope he plays like he did against BC when he was a Freshman if we want to salvage this season.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: How many dropped INTs did L'ville have? He was terrible. Not

Oct 12, 2014, 8:45 AM

Did scar lose to bye week??

We are playing the Paladins.***

Oct 12, 2014, 6:54 PM [ in reply to How many dropped INTs did L'ville have? He was terrible. Not ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2014, 7:46 PM [ in reply to How many dropped INTs did L'ville have? He was terrible. Not ]

he was doing the best he could.. he was playing hurt and did not even practice until Thursday.. he got us the win!!what was the object of the game?? TO WIN

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2014, 7:47 PM

We won despite how bad Stoudt sucked. It's a miracle

Oct 12, 2014, 7:57 PM

Hard for any QB to play effectively w/o any blocking/protection. When your OL is a sieve,
it tends to rattle the whole team.

Oct 12, 2014, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Re: How many dropped INTs did L'ville have? He was terrible. Not ]

There's a reason that our #1 and #2 QB's are already injured. Some here don't seem to get it.
Read: OL, OL, OL. (Or lack thereof). I hope our #3 is decent because I suspect he'll be playing once
Cole goes down.

Oct 12, 2014, 10:33 PM [ in reply to How many dropped INTs did L'ville have? He was terrible. Not ]

I just hate missing all the wonderful plays these armchair QBs & Coaches would repeatedly make in the 3 seconds before 300 lbs of angry man pound them into the turf on almost every play throughout a game. Surely each would be a Sports Center play of the day. REAL players must be jealous, but they still give all their meager talents on each play, facing REAL bullets, suffering real injuries and enduring constant criticism from these self-appointed experts, even when they WIN. Takes guts to ride that armchair.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2014, 1:07 AM

Amen!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Stoudt gets another chance

Oct 11, 2014, 11:37 PM

I respect Cole for his leadership and dedication to the team. However, toughing things out ain't always in the best interest of the individual or the team. If he was playing with a lot of pain that was affecting his accuracy in the passing game then "toughing it out" is a bad decision for the team and the coaches have to be smarter than the player in that situation and pull him.

I really hope it was the pain that was causing his erratic passing game today because if it wasn't, the rest of our opponents are gonna stack the box and make Cole beat them with his arm. I'm not sure Cole can do that and am having bad flashback visions of Will Proctor the sequel...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^I was thinking Will Proctor the whole game & EXACTLY^^^^***

Oct 11, 2014, 11:43 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Yeah, we've seen the bubble screen offense. Got a guy fired.***

Oct 12, 2014, 1:14 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt gets another chance ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He needs to thank the D first***

Oct 11, 2014, 11:44 PM

Oct 11, 2014, 11:49 PM

The defense picked Watson and could have at least one more Watson pick. Yet people seem to want him in. Stoudt moved the ball better than Watson did. If you want to blame someone for lack of offense then morris gets it. His inability to make adjustments was the problem. But I guess people want to be mad at players.

Stoudt threw 4 INTs today...

Oct 12, 2014, 1:15 AM

UL just happened to drop three of them.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

reading this article..

Oct 12, 2014, 1:21 AM

one would think he threw a game winning td pass.he didnt lead us to victory the defense did.

The article stems from Dabo's praise, which is

Oct 12, 2014, 1:24 AM

Dabo doing his #### job. Cole Stoudt's confidence can't be great right now, and we need that to change in a hurry if this season isn't going to collapse. That BC team is good enough to beat us next week if the defense is left on the field all day.

We did win!!!!!!

Oct 12, 2014, 1:33 AM

How bout giving the Louisville defense a little credit, they aren't ranked #1 in the land because they're horrible, this is charlie strongs defense and charlie is known for his for building pretty good d's, oh yea and we won

And I enjoyed the #### out of it.

Oct 12, 2014, 1:35 AM

Even the drive back didn't seem that terrible.

I'm just saying that we could very easily have lost. The plays were there for Louisville to make and they didn't, and I'm thankful that we got that awesome goal line stand out of the deal, but there are more games to play.

Re: We did win!!!!!!

Oct 12, 2014, 3:10 AM [ in reply to We did win!!!!!! ]

Louisville D proved what they are today. That's a daxn good defense and Im glad that game is over. Stoudt made some bad throws, but he also made some really nice throws. A couple of them should have been big plays. We can win with Stoudt. Having Watson out is a big loss, but I'm really glad we have Stoudt. At the very very worst he's a capable backup, and we won't see a defense that good for a long time. That being said, ### Cole! Be smarter at the end of the first half! Throw the daxn ball away!

Re: We did win!!!!!!

Oct 12, 2014, 7:46 AM [ in reply to We did win!!!!!! ]

AGREE. Louisville's D hasn't given up a TD in 17 quarters - I don't care who they played - that's respectable. Not the particular way most Tiger fans wanted to win, but a "W" just the same.

Re: The article stems from Dabo's praise, which is

Oct 12, 2014, 1:52 AM [ in reply to The article stems from Dabo's praise, which is ]

> Cole Stoudt's confidence can't be great right now,
> and WE need that to change in a hurry if this season
> isn't going to collapse.

And by WE, you obviously didn't mean that YOU are going to try to help his confidence level. I just hope Stoudt doesn't look at TigerNet comments from "fans." He wouldn't have any confidence at all if he did.

Watson has been amazing, but he's not Superman, no matter what he or you think. No one knows what he might have done if he hadn't been injured today, but it was not starting out well. It's a moot question, because he DID get hurt, and Stoudt is going to be the QB for a few games. It's time WE got behind him and showed some confidence in the TEAM.

Oct 12, 2014, 7:48 AM

Clemson has ONE FIRST DOWN in the FIRST QUARTER. I don't care who's taking the snap - that's an OFFENSE problem, not a QB problem alone.

Oct 12, 2014, 10:46 AM

OL is terrible, which means we aren't going have much of an offense.
This is not really news.

Oct 12, 2014, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: The article stems from Dabo's praise, which is ]

A bad QB will make the entire offensive line look like crap simply because he can't read the blitz coming. The defense can consistently send everyone and he won't be able to get the ball off.

Oct 12, 2014, 7:09 PM

You can't really be saying that our OL is worth a cra$, and that it's the QB's fault.
I sat and watched their defensive linemen run untouched right by Battle and most of his cohorts
the whole game. With that "protection," we'll soon be down to our #3 QB. Our OL couldn't pick
up a blitz of Brownie Scouts. Pray for Cole.

Oct 12, 2014, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: The article stems from Dabo's praise, which is ]

I agree with you but, have you forgotten what site you're on. You're on a site absolutely riddled with ad-campaigns and fan negativity. Yes it was an ugly game, and yes Loui was said to have the best D in the country. But they will have to rethink that statistic today, b/c our D was better and beat them yesterday. I vividly remember as I'm sure that most of all our fans remember, we have watched our teams in the past just lay down and lose tough hard nose fought games like the one yesterday. Props for our D, when it was time to really man up, they became goal line giants and refused to lose a game that we could have easily lost. Go Tiger DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2014, 10:48 AM

Absolutely agree. Our D won the game.

Re: reading this article..

Oct 12, 2014, 6:37 AM [ in reply to reading this article.. ]

i think Cole's ability to read defenses and his knowledge of the offense will become invaluable the rest of the season. I think we will see more drives like the late drive that took off 5:00 + late in the game. With the defense playing the way it's playing, that may be just enough. Cole may not have the same physical tools as Deshaun, but he is good. We just have to get better on the goal line. I'd give VIC Beasley a chance, or Grady Jarrett. HaHa. Try something different! (I'm a big William Perry fan)

Cole can't read defenses, that's why he locks in on WRs

Oct 12, 2014, 8:44 AM

He's gonna have to improve fast in order for us to win these next 3 games. I'll be pulling for him and I hope everyone else will too.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cole can't read defenses, that's why he locks in on WRs

Oct 12, 2014, 5:53 PM

Maybe I'm the only one that noticed this but how is it that the qb can go under center to end the game but they can't go under center to pick up less than a yard? 

Oct 12, 2014, 6:41 PM

Same question I was asking. Morris blamed it on Deshaun not being comfortable under center against FSU. Well, this is a 5th year QB taking snaps now and we still don't go under center for one play from the 1/2 yard line to get a score. You would think they would practice it at least 10 times a practice since that time, which would be several hundred times since FSU by now. But at the end of the game, we have no problem going under center and get 2 yds.....mind bottling.

Oct 12, 2014, 7:32 PM

You are absolutely right. It's called coaching.

Oct 12, 2014, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Cole can't read defenses, that's why he locks in on WRs ]

Good question.

Yea, all of your posts are definately "pull for Cole posts".***

Oct 12, 2014, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Cole can't read defenses, that's why he locks in on WRs ]

^^Another one of those pizzed because we didn't silent out

Oct 12, 2014, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Stoudt threw 4 INTs today... ]

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Lol!! Is that all you got? Weak!!***

Oct 12, 2014, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Stoudt threw 4 INTs today... ]

Oct 11, 2014, 11:50 PM

Stout eventually did get into a little bit of a rythym but it was because Choice was running the ball so well. We have to be balanced to continue to win. Choice> galman

Agreed. I just havent seen anything from Gallman. As much

Oct 11, 2014, 11:56 PM

as I was hoping to. He's the tallest 6 footer I've seen, and he's still pretty thin. I say switch his position or put 25 pounds on him and maybe even then still switch his position.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Gallman was the leading rusher last week.

Oct 12, 2014, 1:22 AM

It seems like we have a different hot hand every week. Davidson flashes occasionally, Gallman looked good last week, and Choice today. Maybe by the end one of them will step up and take the role, but until then we don't need to throw any of these guys away.

Oct 12, 2014, 1:12 AM

Well he is the man now , or for 2-4 weeks anyway..

I was critical during the game but didn't know

Oct 12, 2014, 5:03 AM

He was playing hurt and didn't practice all week.

My bad for jumping on him during the game.

He is a 5th year senior!!!!!***

Oct 12, 2014, 9:35 AM

Oct 12, 2014, 7:51 AM

Stoudt didn't practice all week due to last week's injury - which of the reserves did practice? And did any of them happen to practice GETTING UNDER CENTER FOR THE SNAP WHEN YOU NEED LESS THAN A YARD COACH CHAD MORRIS?

Oct 12, 2014, 8:11 AM

Who else are we gonna run out there?

Oct 12, 2014, 8:18 AM

Man come on Nikki. At least report the injury correctly. Broken index finger. He didnt break his whole hand. Good lawd that would be bad.

Come on man!!

Oct 12, 2014, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt gets another chance ]

I honestly believe the reason Chad hasn't been hired for a HC job yet, is b/c ADs see what we see. He can coach, but he just isn't there yet with his play calling. The coots have beat us the last two years b/c of it. Maybe BV should call our offense once he gets a look at what D they are setting up for.;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2014, 8:38 AM

Stoudt sucks! We are in trouble! Say what you want, I am not all in with this guy.

Oct 12, 2014, 9:00 AM

There is more to Stoudt than pure physical talent. We will be fine with him.

Oct 12, 2014, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt gets another chance ]

That's laughable coming from a chit eating coot. I'm betting that open date beat the coots this past week. And I see 4 sure losses and two possible losses left on their schedule. And they will more than likely lose to the other open date also.

Oct 12, 2014, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt gets another chance ]

We need to get Watson back in ASAP. Stoudt can't play QB at this level. End of story.

Oct 12, 2014, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt gets another chance ]

Well I guess we not hear from you for the next 3-5 weeks.

Stoudt is the man now.

Oct 12, 2014, 7:34 PM

I respect Cole, and with our OL, fear for a his life.

Sorry, but Stoudt, nor the O-Line, did anything to "win"....

Oct 12, 2014, 9:34 AM

that game.

Re: Sorry, but Stoudt, nor the O-Line, did anything to "win"....

Oct 12, 2014, 10:43 AM

Sorry you missed the last six minutes of the game!

Oct 12, 2014, 3:57 PM

I don't think he missed it. Fourth and 1 and Stoudt lost five yards nearly cost us the game. Thank GOD they didn't make it to the endzone for a TD.

Oct 12, 2014, 7:36 PM

As has frequently been said, our D won the game. Offense----nowhere to be seen.

Please change out the picture of Cole on this article

Oct 12, 2014, 10:03 AM

It looks Baaaaad! I know the pink is there for cancer awareness( which I whole heartedly support), but it looks turrible with that pose. The lady beside me during the game was yelling for him yo spend " less time on hour hair and more time throwing" . She was being an idiot Clemson fan, but that is some of the perception out there on him. Please help out our QB Tigernet !

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: Please change out the picture of Cole on this article

Oct 12, 2014, 10:59 AM

He's a 5th year senior! He's a nice, gutsy guy, but very average QB. And with an inferior OL,
things look pretty bleak to me. So what do we change in a few weeks??

Stoudt-doubt is laughable.

Oct 12, 2014, 11:15 AM

Stoudt is, well, a stout QB. He just has the unfortunate "luck" to be sandwiched between a program legend & a program legend-to-be. Say what you want about his performance this year, but to evaluate him, you have to evaluate EVERYTHING.

Look at the horrible play calling while he's been in the game (Hell, Morris' play calling overall this season is making Billy Napier & Rob Spence look like appealing options). Even though Stoudt proved he was efficient, could throw the ball & operate the offense last year & in the Spring, Morris' calls do nothing to help him. The 4th & inches call is just one example (would've thought we learned a lesson after FSU on that).

Also, look at how poorly the OL & skill players play when he's in the game. The team and coaches have let him down b/c everyone wants to hand the job to Watson. It's kind of like the Vick effect. Schaub was a better QB than Vick in ATL, but for whatever reason the team did not play as well when he was in the game as they did when Vick was on the field. I love Watson, & he'll rewrite our record books even though he'll be gone after next year, but just b/c he's a legend in the making doesn't mean Stoudt isn't capable of leading the offense.

Everyone loves to knock Stoudt's "lack of mobility", but even though Boyd was supposedly so mobile & such a fit for Morris' offense, Stoudt is faster than Boyd & outpaced him by 1.5 yards per carry. & before people start crying that I'm knocking Boyd, I'm not, I'm defending Stoudt (who should not need defense).

Say what you will about yesterday, but Louisville's D made Watson look like the Freshman he is, & they had Stoudt running for his life most of the game. The OL was leaking like a sieve, & receivers were dropping balls. Stoudt made a couple of bad decisions, but considering he didn't take any reps in practice & was being hounded by a relentless defense, he did as well as could be expected. & when he did finally get protection, he moved the offense.

We'll be fine w/Stoudt if the team & coaches also show up when he's on the field.

::::: Losers practice until they get it right. Winners practice until they can't get it wrong. :::::

Re: Stoudt-doubt is laughable.

Oct 12, 2014, 11:21 AM

Nice post. Right on the money! Morris was no help to Cole and skill players dropped passes that would have been big plays while they catch anything that comes near them from Watson.

Oct 12, 2014, 12:10 PM

You know, I was thinking the unthinkable somewhere in the Fla State game. The team did seem to react better with Deshaun. Cole hit Mike Williams in the gut a couple of times against Ga. Drops. DW is good, but I swear, Mike Williams made a few circus catches with DW under (behind) center. Is there something else going on? Speaking of under center, REALLY?!?! 4th and inches. Really? If you are going to do that, stretch it out, everyone has already seen the movie. They know what's coming. Vanilla is not something I thought we would use when describing a Chad Morris play. Why not Kurt Fleming from a wildcat? I do appreciate Dabo's "horse crap" reference in the post game interview. Much better than SOS's throwing everyone under the bus. BTW, I agree with Dabo's assessment. Now fix it, go to BC and bring home a "W" and a healthy team.

Oct 12, 2014, 7:47 PM

Amen!! With QB under center, Kurt Fleming gets that half yard and more. Clemson 0, Coaching staff 2.

Oct 12, 2014, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Stoudt-doubt is laughable. ]

I seem to remember Hopper dropping a beautiful pass from Watson in that game that could have gone for 6. If you think the players are actively trying to sabotage Cole you need to get a life. Williams had a rough game against UGA and he would be the first to tell you that. He has rebounded well and played great. UL had a lot of dropped passes from Cole yesterday, are they trying to sabotage him too?

Oct 12, 2014, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Stoudt-doubt is laughable. ]

Well said!!

Oct 12, 2014, 7:59 PM

Thanks.

Oct 12, 2014, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Stoudt-doubt is laughable. ]

Right on. I've said all along that it doesn't matter a lot who's at QB, when our OL is so
atrocious. Watson is a better scrambler, but in the end it comes down to the trenches---our OL is pathetic. And as for a the BS that Louisville is a great team, ask them about that perennial
powerhouse Virginia, who as I recall, kicked their butts.

Oct 13, 2014, 1:51 AM [ in reply to Stoudt-doubt is laughable. ]

Yes we had no choice at the 2yard line but to go under center. A shotgun snap would have open up all types of opportunities for errors. Drop snap and fumble recovery spells gameover. We had to get out of the endzone. We might have to think this way when we get near the goaline again. Or, if we need an important first down in a similar short yardage situation. It seen to be mind over matter and trust. We did what we had to do to keep from taking a knee in the endzone at the end of the game. We fought for the necessary yardage to maintain the victory after that great goaline stand by the defense. Let leave it all on the field even if it didn't work. We'll keep trying until something works, and it eventually will.

Oct 12, 2014, 11:56 AM

I worry more about the play calling from the sideline. What happened to the fast pace OC supercharged system he is suppose to have? I don't see it. O players in the past made him look good. Did he coach up Stout about the clock and the end of the half? Can he not teach a QB or RB to take a snap under center at the goal? How long has he been there? Tired of hearing he don't have the right players for his system. Your job. Recruit them. Maybe we don't have the Right OC for our players???

Oct 12, 2014, 8:03 PM

I agree. At this level, in a top 20 program, can anyone believe that you can't
coach a QB to take snaps under center??? If you can't coach that, what can you coach??

Oct 13, 2014, 2:02 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt gets another chance ]

Cole Stoudt is 6'4 and 250 pounds of muscle now. Put Jay Jay Mcc. or K. Flemming inches behind or beside him and let them push the pile forward while the qb lower his pads to drive for the endzone.

"Gimme just a one more last chance, before you say

Oct 12, 2014, 12:05 PM

We're through.
I know I drive you crazy baby
It's the best that I can do"

Best Is The Standard

Oct 12, 2014, 5:51 PM

Maybe I'm the only one that noticed this but how is it that the qb can go under center to end the game but they can't go under center to pick up less than a yard? 

Oct 12, 2014, 8:05 PM

Good question. No answer that makes any sense.

Oct 13, 2014, 2:05 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt gets another chance ]

we couldn't take the change of a shotgun snap in the endzone, or take a knee in our own endzone.

can't win games with 3 and out Stoudt

Oct 12, 2014, 6:58 PM

Nm

Re: can't win games with 3 and out Stoudt

Oct 12, 2014, 11:45 PM

Stunning analysis. Now, tell us all how Stoudt is responsible for poor play calling, OL deficiencies, & skill players not playing well. Thanks.

::::: Losers practice until they get it right. Winners practice until they can't get it wrong. :::::

Oct 12, 2014, 8:05 PM

One of my criticism's of Morris is that he doesn't make good adjustments at halftime to sec-like defenses and their adjustments. I thought yesterday was different. He gave Stoudt the opportunity to get the ball out quickly. And the blocking late for the run game got better. And considering the injuries, youth and inexperience on offense, I think the OC did quite well. I was more disappointed in Cole's decisions, especially for a 5th year Sr. I hope his injury had more to do with his bad passes. Morris needs to do more to attack zones and for heavens sake, get the ball to the line of scrimmage quickly on short situations. Under center preferably. But I haven't forgotten what we looked like before Morris. Just clean some things up and we'll be fine.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2014, 8:12 PM

You know, I think we'll pull together and be okay. Why not give some of the young OL studs
like Maverick Morris a chance? He may make some mistakes, but he impresses me as a guy
who will fire off the ball and hit somebody in the mouth. We don't have that now.

Oct 13, 2014, 2:15 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt gets another chance ]

I hope we can at least move the backs up a little closer to the line of scrimmage, so that the line want have to hold their block that long, or the defender want have time to recover from a good block. Some defenders are athletic enough to even recover from a knockdown block before a deep runningback or a slow developing play reach the line of scrimmage. Speed cuts down on these playmakers opportunities to succeed.

Oct 13, 2014, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt gets another chance ]

I love how this a a so called fan board and not one of you morons realize Cole is not a 5th yr senior. If you were followers of the program you should know this.
ESPN did such a crap job of repeating the very same thing during the telecast.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

Oct 12, 2014, 8:11 PM

No other QB. It is Stoudt. The bubble screen actually worked. It saved the passing game. Nobody open down the field. The best defense CU will face this season.

Replies: 82
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic