Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Stoudt dares anyone to take MVP trophy away
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 79
| visibility 1

New Story: Stoudt dares anyone to take MVP trophy away

Oct 18, 2014, 8:52 PM

Stoudt dares anyone to take MVP trophy away

Cole Stoudt proudly wore the leather helmet given to the winner of the O’Rourke-McFadden each year, and told anybody and everybody that would listen that he wasn’t going to give up the trophy without a fight. Stoudt won the leather helmet given to the winner of the O'Rourke-McFadden Trophy, given annually to the most outstanding player in the Clemson-Boston College game.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Stoudt dares anyone to take MVP trophy away

Oct 18, 2014, 8:53 PM

Go Cole Stoudt !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If there is anything better then being a Clemson Tiger , I haven't found it yet.

good for him!***

Oct 18, 2014, 8:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

too bad some fans can't buy into the family thing***

Oct 18, 2014, 8:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: too bad some fans can't buy into the family thing***

Oct 18, 2014, 9:11 PM

But how can you bundle it up as a whole, when its really not all that many not seeing the entire picture. A dumper is going to be a dumper even if they have to dump on the kids. There is still plenty behind Cole to make a pretty good team!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. Tigernet Dumpers worst nightmare.

Oct 19, 2014, 11:56 AM [ in reply to too bad some fans can't buy into the family thing*** ]

Just as I called it. Cole wins the leather helmet.

Has the buzzards picked Tiger King and other Cole- haters bones clean yet?

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Well that award was nothing but an attempt to boost his confidence. Looks like it worked.

Oct 18, 2014, 9:00 PM

He has earned it. Don't be a jerk and try to cheapen it. He's done more for Clemson than you'd do in 10 lifetimes .

Oct 18, 2014, 9:05 PM

What did 11 players on defense do to not earn that honor?

Oct 18, 2014, 9:17 PM

See your point but u can't split it eleven ways.

I agree

Oct 18, 2014, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt dares anyone to take MVP trophy away ]

The defense won this game, not Stout. Put the credit where it's due.

Re: I agree

Oct 19, 2014, 1:00 AM

The defense should have shutout a one-dimensional offense such as what BC runs.

Re: I agree

Oct 19, 2014, 10:43 AM

A running qb is not exactly one dimensional.

The defense, by my count, allowed three WRs to be wide open

Oct 19, 2014, 8:06 PM [ in reply to I agree ]

for a TD...they just dropped them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Oct 19, 2014, 12:49 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt dares anyone to take MVP trophy away ]

Let Boston College score. Anything other questions???

Oct 19, 2014, 1:06 AM

Cole lead the offense to scores on 3 of 13 drives.

The D held Boston College's offense scoreless on 11 of 13 drives.

They were also the unit that had to finish the game.

Oct 19, 2014, 8:25 AM

There would have been no reason for the defense to "finish the game" had they not scored on that last drive. I love people that always quote stats as if the stat is a stand alone indicator of all things positive.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2014, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt dares anyone to take MVP trophy away ]

The defense was fantastic, but the BOSTON GRIDIRON CLUB, WHO DEVELOPED THE AWARD, AND PRESENT IT EACH YEAR TO THE MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, IN THEIR VIEW, IN THE CLEMSON/BC GAME.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he should be pleased with how he played.***

Oct 18, 2014, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt dares anyone to take MVP trophy away ]

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 18, 2014, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt dares anyone to take MVP trophy away ]

He did play well. Especially considering how pitiful the offensive line played.
Don't hate man, don't hate.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2014, 9:07 PM

I didn't hate. He played ok but wasn't the MVP. This was a motivational tool. I hope the players on our defense are mature enough to know this and not feel slighted or under appreciated.

Oct 18, 2014, 9:09 PM

how can it be a motivational tool when the Boston College Gridiron Club choses the winner?

Oct 18, 2014, 9:11 PM

Well I got nothing for that. Guess they can't recognize a great DT when they see one.

Oct 18, 2014, 9:20 PM

Way to man up Purple Panther

Why spoil his train of thought?***

Oct 18, 2014, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt dares anyone to take MVP trophy away ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2014, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt dares anyone to take MVP trophy away ]

I'm sure they are mature enough to be excited for one of their brothers and a guy that led the team on an 84 yd game winning drive. Why you're not mature enough I'm not sure.

The team is WAY more mature than a lot of posters.***

Oct 18, 2014, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt dares anyone to take MVP trophy away ]

Oct 19, 2014, 12:52 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt dares anyone to take MVP trophy away ]

Are you serious??? Or do you know the difference between Football and Badminton???

Oct 19, 2014, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt dares anyone to take MVP trophy away ]

Purple, the award goes to the Most Valuable Player, not the most valuable unit, etc.

Awarded by Boston Athletic Club. Clemson had nothing to

Oct 18, 2014, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt dares anyone to take MVP trophy away ]

with it.

Oct 19, 2014, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt dares anyone to take MVP trophy away ]

Purple, the award is given by the Boston Gridiron Club to the most outstanding player in the Clemson/BC game. Do you really think they gave it to Stoudt to boost his confidence? Get real!!

he played a sensational game***

Re: he played a sensational game***

Oct 18, 2014, 9:04 PM

He played well. Sensational might be overstating it a little.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminded me of "Timex"

Oct 18, 2014, 9:02 PM

He did a great job.

Defense allowed 11 first downs. that's 21 in last two games. Very impressive. Also 4 sacks today.

Re: Reminded me of "Timex"

Oct 18, 2014, 9:20 PM

He showed his character in the face of floods of criticism. He showed up, did his job and won, battling injury and the pounding BC laid on him. I have a lot of respect for Cole.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great story. So happy for Cole!!!! Glad he is part of our

Oct 18, 2014, 9:10 PM

family. Go CLEMSON!!!! We are ALL ALL-IN ALL The TIME!!!

Bravo Cole!***

Oct 18, 2014, 9:18 PM

I am surprised.

Oct 18, 2014, 9:21 PM

He was ok at times.

MVP worthy? Not so much.

He was almost picked three or four times and we are lucky the BC receiver dropped that pass at the end.

Re: I am surprised.

Oct 19, 2014, 12:56 AM

There are only completions, incompletions, and interceptions. There is no statistical category for "almost-interceptions". Stop Hating on Cole and give him his props!

Ok, 0 passing TD's for one.

Oct 19, 2014, 4:11 PM

I'm not giving him props for anything. We were very lucky to win. A big part of that was because the guy for BC dropped the ball.

Cole is an average to below average QB.

Pinion should have won this award before he did.

I'm really glad cole got the helmet. He finally got out of his funk

Oct 18, 2014, 9:26 PM

for the first time since the first half vs georgia and while it wasn't perfect it wasn't bad either. I'm glad we have a competent back up in cole stoudt, without him who knows where we would have been after deshaun went down and while our offense is no where near the caliber it is with deshaun but he is just good enough to win a close game and that's all you can ask for out of a back up.

Re: I'm really glad cole got the helmet. He finally got out of his funk

Oct 19, 2014, 12:19 AM

You do realize he was supposed to be our starting QB, right?

Re: I'm really glad cole got the helmet. He finally got out of his funk

Oct 19, 2014, 12:42 AM

The throw to Williams on the last drive was perfect. That throw won the game and in a way.....possibly saved our season

Not going to deny that it was a good throw. Stoudt threw a

Oct 19, 2014, 1:50 AM

a couple of nice passes, and he did enough to win the game. I'm glad for that. But I just don't feel like his performance overall was that great. People on here make it sound like he put up some Heisman numbers against a highly ranked opponent.

I love Stoudt.. Class act... Gutsy***

Oct 18, 2014, 9:29 PM

Did no one see

Oct 18, 2014, 9:34 PM

the three ints broken up by clemson wide recivers and steckinger? Or the happy feet? Or the several throws into the dirt? MVP to cole is disrespectful to the effort our D line put out especially Grady Jarret. Why is it ok to dog our o line (that Watson plays great behind) but if someone talks about cole and they are the lowest clemson fan, a coot, etc?

Re: Did no one see

Oct 18, 2014, 9:38 PM

No but a screen name that points out a coot agenda makes not interested in your opinion.

Oct 18, 2014, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Did no one see ]

Who was your MVP today...Connor Mitch? Repeat after me...b u s t

Oct 18, 2014, 9:46 PM

Im from Irmo. Went to school with David Olsen. So yes, the 803 in my sn has a purpose. But I dont believe location is relative to my team affiliation. In fact if it did, growing up in lamecock nation I think makes me a more die hard Tiger fan if u want to bring that up.

Oct 18, 2014, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Did no one see ]

Well when you criticize the Oline you're criticizing the entire group, not singling out just one player.

It's stupid to sit here and criticize Stoudt over and over. We know he's not as good as Watson. We know our offense will sputter with him at QB.

My biggest question is how in the world our coaches didn't see the difference before game one?

Oct 19, 2014, 1:24 PM

Coaches are never wrong. Just ask Tommy Bowden, Ken Hatfield, Red Parker, etc., etc.

The kid's playing with an A/C separation.

Oct 18, 2014, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Did no one see ]

He's doing the best he can just like they all are; he's a good kid. Jeez ... how many passes did you throw without an interception?

go back to the coop coot. the bottom line - we won!***

Oct 18, 2014, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Did no one see ]

Cole Sucked today!!!!!

Oct 18, 2014, 10:28 PM

Give me a break! I never post on here, but obviously the posters either are friends or family of Cole's or delusional. Not to mention, he is so lucky BC didn't intercept multiple passes he threw right to them. He is giddy acting b/c he knows he is lucky to win. Even my 90 yr old grandmom, who knows football and her husband played college ball, was calling for Nick to be our QB by the 2nd qtr.

Thank you for you in depth and intelligent post. You

Oct 18, 2014, 10:34 PM

could, with the knowledge shown in your post, have done a much better job. Please call Dabo and CM to let them know you are ready.

Thank you for you in depth and intelligent post. You

Oct 18, 2014, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Cole Sucked today!!!!! ]

could, with the knowledge shown in your post, have done a much better job. Please call Dabo and CM to let them know you are ready.

You sound sad that Clemson won...hate it for ya***

Oct 18, 2014, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Cole Sucked today!!!!! ]

Re: Cole Sucked today!!!!!

Oct 18, 2014, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Cole Sucked today!!!!! ]

That's just a PITIFUL comment something I'd expect from a redneck Coot fan. It's good you hardly ever post here.

Re: Cole Sucked today!!!!!

Oct 19, 2014, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Cole Sucked today!!!!! ]

Glad you don't post anymore than you do considering your thought process!!! Take a happy pill and get some rest.

19 posts got you to this?***

Oct 19, 2014, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Cole Sucked today!!!!! ]

To call you a tool is an insult

Oct 20, 2014, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Cole Sucked today!!!!! ]

to good hardworking tools everywhere.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Corporations are people. So is Soylent Green.

Great job Cole.***

Oct 18, 2014, 11:16 PM

Well deserved. For the longest time...

Oct 18, 2014, 11:32 PM

we couldn't win close games like this. While there are certainly others on the team we couldn't have won without, Cole managed the game well enough to get the W and I think he deserves the trophy. I'm impressed with the way he's handled being bumped from the starting spot and booed by some of our own "fans." It would be understandable for him to get rattled and give up, but he hasn't. Go Tigers!!!

Oct 18, 2014, 11:45 PM

Cole got lucky. Good for him, but dbacks dropped a few "easy" interceptions. Our offense isn't so great without Deshaun.

Oct 19, 2014, 1:02 AM

Our Offense almost gained 400 yards against the #8 defense in the country. Stop hating on Cole!!

Good Lowered why is it so tough for some on here to read

Oct 19, 2014, 1:47 AM

and comprehend? I didn't "hate on Cole." Simply stated what I saw when watching the game. He got lucky several times. Good for him. He did enough to not lose the game. Did he play well? I personally don't think so. That's not hate. Every QB has tough games. It's part of sports.

Also, BC has one "marquee" win against Southern Cal. Their #8 defensive ranking is suspect.

Go ahead and question my "fanhood" call me a Coot, and thumb me down, etc. I'm used to it by now, but some on here appreciate intelligent football conversation that doesn't involve homerism, or orange colored glasses.

Cole played his guts out. The defense played their guts out.

Oct 19, 2014, 5:06 AM

Cole got lucky. Good for him, but dbacks dropped a few "easy" interceptions. Our offense isn't so great without Deshaun.

Did you not see BC receivers get behind our DB's on multiple occasions? Did you not see the BC running back run through a whole in our line that you could have drove a truck through and then throw score the points that put them ahead in the 4th.

These guys are family. Do you not think they were not proud that there backup QB that had been demoted two weeks earlier came into a game nursing a bum shoulder and brought us back to win.

No. All some of you see is "He almost threw some interceptions" Or "He's not as great as Deshaun".

Thank God our team does not have the mentality of some of their idiot fans.

Message was edited by: mikeyT®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When in doubt call someone an idiot. I guess it's

Oct 19, 2014, 2:04 PM

impossible to share and debate opinions on here anymore. If your opinion is different, you get branded a coot or an idiot. It's fans like you that have brought this board down over the past few years.

Re: Good Lowered why is it so tough for some on here to read

Oct 19, 2014, 5:46 AM [ in reply to Good Lowered why is it so tough for some on here to read ]

As you wish! You are a coot & thumbs down you.

Re: Good Lowered why is it so tough for some on here to read

Oct 19, 2014, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Good Lowered why is it so tough for some on here to read ]

29 for 45 (64.4%) for 285 yards, QBR of 117.4. Lead the team on a fine scoring drive to put us ahead and our great defense held off BC. Sounds like a pretty good performance against a very talented BC defense. You don't get ranked in the top 10 defensively by being lucky or by playing poorly.

You can get ranked in the top 10 by not playing very

Oct 19, 2014, 2:06 PM

talented teams.

Oct 19, 2014, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt dares anyone to take MVP trophy away ]

Bask in the glow of a win !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 19, 2014, 7:18 AM

But seriously, how funny would Kalon look with that thing on his head? To heck with MVP trophies, it's a TEAM sport. Cole couldn't have done what he did without help from the O-Line or the Tight End or the Receiver that worked his tail off to get open. Stephone Anthony doesn't fly through those holes to nail opposing QB's without that wide hole that Grady Jarrett opened up for him. Cole Stoudt started at QB in yesterday's game and the TEAM won. You want an individual trophy? Take up tennis or golf, otherwise, let's start handing out LVP trophies (least valuable player). Stupid concept to formally recognize ONE player in a TEAM sport.

Oct 19, 2014, 8:09 AM

I don't think that thing would fit on Kalon's head.

Oct 19, 2014, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt dares anyone to take MVP trophy away ]

The whole team gets to hold the O'Rouke/McFadden trophy for a year, and the Boston College Gridiron Club awarded Cole the hat. It's not some attempt to "boost his confidence" or whatever. He doesn't play for them. To try to diminish the award is nothing but sh!tty.

Congratulations, Cole. And thanks BC for working hard to set up a good rivalry with class.

Oct 19, 2014, 7:47 PM

we have to have higher standards for our QB. To say Cole played well we must add that he played well for his limited ability. He is not gonna suddenly be a Heisman candidate or even a good QB. HE is what we are stuck with until we get Watson back on the field. Just wondering if there is gonna be another controversy when Watson is healthy. I hope not because their levels of ability are not even close. If people cannot see that they know nothing about football. But let the kid have his day. Just don't get too carried away. Got it?

Oct 19, 2014, 7:48 PM

mighty white of you

Oct 19, 2014, 7:49 PM

racist.

Oct 20, 2014, 11:38 PM
image.jpg(259.3 K)

Funny, I've not seen one post about the terrible INT DW thru

Oct 21, 2014, 12:44 AM

against Louisville deep in our own territory. Granted he's looked very good, but has made his share of mistakes that go by without a word.

Oh, one other that has gone un-noticed ( but I'm sure many would point out it's stupidity if Cole did it).....And that is....... a QB does not use his right hand to stiff arm a would be tackler..... Your right arm and hand is your future...... GTF out of bounds!!!!

All the Cole haters will hate this but lets be fair with our criticisms. We are beaten up. OL is down to 5 healthy capable players. TE's are hurt and haven't been used anyhow. WRs are beat up and the healthy ones are young. RBs are REALLY beat up and young and don't know protections. What does all this add up to?????

It's all Cole's fault! Get real haters. Give him protection, a line that can run block, healthy receivers and RBs that can run, catch, and block.... and he'll be fine.... Lucky for all of you Tiger fans tho..... Cole is going to give 110% regardless of surrounding cast, play calling, or criticizing idiots who call themselves fans. You gotta love that! LOL.... of course you don't.

Replies: 79
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic