Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Son of NFL standout breaks down "amazing" trip to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

New Story: Son of NFL standout breaks down "amazing" trip to Clemson

Dec 1, 2014, 1:17 PM

Son of NFL standout breaks down "amazing" trip to Clemson

Keyshawn Johnson, Jr., is one of the top receivers in the 2017 recruiting cycle, and he made the trip to Clemson this past weekend to take in Clemson's win over South Carolina. What does he say about the trip? Does he want to make a return visit? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JUST GIVE HIM THE ###(N) BALL !!!!***

Dec 1, 2014, 1:25 PM

after reading yet another testimonial from a prospective

Dec 1, 2014, 1:38 PM

athlete who was awestruck by Clemson University, DV, The Hill, etc., it occurs to me that in one aspect, there is no difference between these talented young folks and the regular Joe's (of which I was most certainly one) enrolled at our university.....the bond between the university, "those hills" and the students & fans is exactly the same for each and every one of us. And it goes way beyond just the natural beauty of the area...it approaches some sort of spirituality, a duality of place with person, a collective consciousness reaching backward and forward eternally.

OK, cue Henry Gibson (of "Laugh-In} that its time for the "Poetry Corner" bit.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's Something...

Dec 1, 2014, 2:22 PM

I have to agree. It's something very difficult to
put into words. It's one of those, "you need to
have been there situations". I remember in grade
school seeing an architectural rendering, that my cousin
had done at Clemson, hanging in his bedroom...
That made a major impression on me. I remember my
Mom talking about her brother who had played baseball,
and ran track at Clemson. I really never new him. He
passed away when I was a couple of years old. But, looking
back, there was definitely subconscious influence there.
It wasn't like that was the only influence, since I went
to a number of academic activities at CootU, while still in high
school and junior high. I also visited NCState, and GT.
All of those were never a consideration though, just a formality.
I new where destiny was leading.
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2014, 2:32 PM

You don't even have to be an alum to feel it, and fall in love with the place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C'MON MAN!!!!!!

Dec 1, 2014, 3:13 PM

Nothing like being a Tiger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2014, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: There's Something... ]

No doubt about it. Everyone I bring down to Clemson is so impressed with the beauty of the campus and how nice everyone is.

I agree, Me and a friend stopped in Clemson

Dec 1, 2014, 6:20 PM

On the way home from Charlotte back in may and he loved it. There was obviously no football game or big event going on, we just stopped by and walked around campus a few hrs. He's from Florida and a big gator fan who attends almost every home game so I think it says alot when he was so amazed at Clemson.

Re: after reading yet another testimonial from a prospective

Dec 1, 2014, 9:42 PM [ in reply to after reading yet another testimonial from a prospective ]

No doubt about it! My father took me to the Valley as a child & I've been hooked ever since! 37 years later my blood runneth Orange!
I've been to many games and every visiting teams fans always remark about how hospitable Tiger fans are. They always say they look forward to visiting the Valley. Even if they get a whipping! Lol! You can't explain it to anyone fully. Only by experiencing the magic of CU can you fully understand the full gravity of the religious experience! I couldn't be any more proud to be a Clemson Tiger!
I would love to see Keyshawn in a Tiger jersey! If he is half as tough as his Dad, he will be a good one! So proud of the program Dabo has built! Go Tigers!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2014, 9:47 PM [ in reply to after reading yet another testimonial from a prospective ]

I wrote this the day before the 2013 UGA game, it speaks a bit about what you are saying. Sorry in advance for the Cap's, other version appropriately typed, is out of reach at the moment:

OUR ROCK STILL STANDS
A DISTANT RUMBLE DESENDS FROM THESE HILL'S, A SOUND OF BEWILDERMENT TO THOSE UNAWARE OF IT'S ORIGIN. IT PARALELLS THAT FEELING ONE GET'S WHEN THE STOMACH CHURNS, CAUSED BY THE FLUTTERING OF A 1000 BUTTERFLY WINGS. FOR THOSE WHO ARE AWARE AND KNOW ITS TRUE MEANING, THE SOUND STIRS THE SOULS OF TRUE BELIEVERS. IT TUGS AND PULLS THE FAITHFUL'S HEART'S, UNLIKE ANY EMOTION EVER EXPERIENCED. OUTSIDE THE LOYAL, ONES WHO THINK THEY KNOW, YET CAN NOT FATHOM THE ACTUAL DEPTH OF THIS LOYALTY. FOR TO GET IT, YOU MUST BELIEVE IN IT'S ORIGINAL INTENT. EXPERIENCING IT ONCE MAY CAUSE A FOG OF CONFUSION, A SECOND TIME, LIFTS THAT MIST, REPLACING IT WITH PURE PRIDE AND DEVOTION.

I SPEAK OF A GATHERING AT THE TOP OF A HILL, A PLACE WHERE WARRIORS ASSEMBLE FOR THEIR FIRST GLANCE, OF A SEA COLORED ORANGE AND A FIELD OF DEEP GREEN, WHERE FEAR IS LEFT OUTSIDE AND GUTS REIGN SUPREME. ITS A LAUNCHING PAD FOR "GREATNESS", A PORTAL TO A CAT'S DESTINY. THE RUMBLE WILL GROW TO LEVELS RARELY REACHED. THE HURT AND THE PAIN OF BATTLES FOUGHT IN THE PAST, INSTANTLY REPLACED WITH A PRIDE SO DEEP KNOWING WHAT WILL FOLLOW ONLY MAGIC CREATES.
IN THE NORTHWESTERN HILL'S OF SOUTH CAROLINA, THERE IS SUCH A PLACE, A DESTINATION WHERE THOSE WHO BELIEVE, BLEED TO FILL THIS SEA. WHERE LOYALTY AND HONOR, DESIRE AND BELIEF, IGNITE THE EXPLOSION FOR THE BATTLE TO BEGIN. THIS PRECUSOR TO BATTLE IS DEFINED IN THESES WORDS, TABBED BY MANY NAMES AMONG THOSE WHO ATTEND. THE ONE WE HOLD DEAR SPEAKS ONLY OF MERE TICKS OF A CLOCK, YET THE EVENT THAT TRANSPIRE'S CAN FILL A LIFETIME.
IT BEGINS ON A HILL, WHERE THE PEDISTAL STANDS, ATOP RESTS A PIECE OF THIS EARTH, HARDENED AND SHAPED CENTURY'S AGO. IT'S SIMPLICITY OF FORM EXPLAIN'S NOTHING OF IT'S POWER, FOR IT IS A ROCK UNLIKE ANY OTHER. IT'S STORY BEGAN HALF CENTURY AGO, A GIFT TO A LEGEND, A DOOR STOP IT'S FIRST JOB. THE LORE OF THE ROCK IS A TALE FROM A MAN WHOS NAME ADORN'S THIS BATTLEFIELD, A GENERAL TO WARRIOR'S OF LONG AGO. IF YOU LISTEN CAREFULLY YOU CAN HEAR HIS WARNING, A HEED TO THE WARRIOR'S WHO STAND BY IT'S SIDE, TO TOUCH AND PROCEED REQUIRES GREAT COST. IT BECOMES AN INDEBTEDNESS OF COMMITMENT, DEVOTION AND PRIDE. IF ONE CAN NOT ABIDE BY THESE RULES, HIS HAND TO ROCK SHALL NOT MEET.
IN RECENT TIMES A FOOL ENTERED HERE, WITH TOOL IN HAND HE BROKE OFF A PIECE. WHILE THIS DEVESTATION WAS DISPICABLE AND DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND, THE ROCK STOOD IT'S GROUND, ONLY YIELDING AN INCH. A TRIBUTE TO THE SOUL OF IT'S OWNER WHICH RESIDES WITHIN AND ALSO TO THOSE WHO HAVE COME SINCE. THE ROCK STILL STANDS AS A SYMBOL OF A COURAGE TO NEVER QUIT. THE WARRIOR'S AS A WHOLE, IN THE PRELUDE TO BATTLE, HAVE YET TO ASSEMBLE FOR THIS FABLED AFFAIR, SINCE THE DAMAGE WAS DONE. THE FAITHFUL KNOW THAT SOMETHING MAJOR IS BREWING BUT ONLY GOD HIMSELF KNOWS TO WHAT AFFECT. UPON THAT MAGICAL MOMENT WHEN HAND MEETS EARTH, FEELING THE HARDNESS IN A DIFFERENT SHAPE, THE VERY CORE OF THIS WARRIOR WILL TREMBLE IN ANGER, YET HIS SOUL WILL KNOW WHAT'S REQUIRED, FOR HE WILL AVENGE THE LOSS OF A PART OF OUR HEART. THE EMOTIONS THAT WILL FLOW FROM THE VALLEY BELOW, WILL GO UNMATCHED, FOR EVER MORE!
IT'S THE DITTY THAT FOLLOWS, WHICH REPLACES ANGER WITH PRIDE, AS THE SONG OF THE SOUTHLAND SHAKES US EMOTIONALLY APART. TIGER RAG IS THE NAME, A SERENADE TO THOSE WHO BLEED ORANGE, AS WE WIND DOWN TO THE END, OUR NAME IS REVEALED, REMINDING THE OPPONENT WHERE HIS FEET STAND. C L E M S O N IS THE PLACE WHERE THE TIGERS ROAM, WHERE OUR WARRIORS FIGHT AND HAND OUT DEFEAT. FOR THIS BATTLEFIELD IS APPROPRIATELY LABELED, AS A VALLEY OF DEATH FOR THOSE BRAVE, MISGUIDED SOULS. BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE, IF YOU CHOOSE TO STEP FOOT ON THIS SACRED FIELD, A CHANCE OF GREAT LOSS, YOU WILL SURELY BEFALL.
AMONG THOSE WHO WILL WITNESS, ARE THE HEARTS OF THE INNOCENT, DELIVERED BY THE FAITHFUL, WHO REMEMBER THEIR FIRST TIME. A TRADITION UNTOUCHABLE, A MEMORY SO SACRED, RECALLED COUNTLESS TIMES BY THOSE WHO WITHIN, HAVE THAT TIGER PRIDE. A CHORUS WITH A YELL, OUR NAME SPELLED WITH ROARS, STRIKE AMAZEMENT AND WONDER IN THEIR TINY HEARTS. BORN IS A LOYALTY FEW COULD TRULY UNDERSTAND, FOR IT TAKES A BELIEVER TO SEE IT HAPPENING, YET IT TAKES OUR BLOOD TO RUN ORANGE WITH A PRIDE RARELY SEEN, TO BE A TRUE TIGER FAN!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2014, 7:07 PM [ in reply to after reading yet another testimonial from a prospective ]

So well expressed! The thing that separates us, though, is touching that Rock and the running down that hill on game day. It is the most inspirational thing imaginable. Sadly, recruits don't get to do that at a game with the players, but if they did, there would never be a recruit lost by Clemson. It is just that magical.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Son of NFL standout breaks down "amazing" trip to Clemson

Dec 1, 2014, 1:51 PM

can't wait to see you with that clemson orange on

Wow, are you freekin kidding me?

Dec 1, 2014, 1:52 PM

Just getting Jr here to visit is amazing. Dabo is da man!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I encourage everyone to go to Keyshawn Johnson's twitter

Dec 1, 2014, 2:04 PM

You cant buy this advertisement from a possible future HOF player not affiliated with your school

https://twitter.com/Thromedamnball?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tigernet.com%2Fstory%2Ffootball%2FSon-NFL-standout-breaks-amazing-trip-Clemson-13316&tw_i=538895827444723712&tw_p=tweetembed

Son of NFL standout breaks down "amazing" trip to Clemson

Dec 1, 2014, 6:52 PM

If he has the talent then there's no better place. Our WR's get in the NFL and our coaches do a great job with them. Hope to see him in Clemson with the tigers.

Re: Son of NFL standout breaks down "amazing" trip to Clemson

Dec 1, 2014, 6:58 PM

There's no doubt about it. I've been on other campuses and Clemson is far better. Took my step daughter to visit during the BC game. She's or was die hard Carolina. Now she says there's no place else she will go. She loves the tigers now. That's a convert. It's great when intervention works.

Re: New Story: Son of NFL standout breaks down "amazing" trip to Clemson

Dec 1, 2014, 7:53 PM

Hope this young man sees just how great a team we are. We need kids like him to make this program better and better.

as an orange blooded person this kinda frightens me

Dec 1, 2014, 9:31 PM

These are kids that Morris has hand picked personally & with him gone now it is likely the recruits like this that still have a couple years are likely to go somewhere else too. I hope Dabo gets another talented recruiter in to take over chads spot.

Re: as an orange blooded person this kinda frightens me

Dec 2, 2014, 5:58 AM

jeff scott is his recruiter....and jeff is good at his job

Keyshawn Sr went to Tri-Cty and was going to go to Clemson

Dec 2, 2014, 7:40 PM

I read his book "Give me the #### Ball" and he moved to the Clemson area to attend Tri-County tech and was going to transfer to Clemson to play for Ken Hatfield. His friend who came with him got in some trouble and he and KeyShawn moved back to Los Angeles where he played JUCO and then transferred to USC.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic