Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Security tightened at new football operations center after influx of fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

New Story: Security tightened at new football operations center after influx of fans

Aug 4, 2017, 4:21 PM

Security tightened at new football operations center after influx of fans

The Allen N. Reeves Football Operations Complex opened in early February, and once word got out that Clemson had the nicest building of its kind in the country, football coaches and fans from across the country flocked to campus for a tour. With the start of football season, those days are now over.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Security tightened at new football operations center after influx of fans

Aug 4, 2017, 4:28 PM

Crazy how all these blue bloods want to be just like little ole Clemson. My how the times have changed

It's amazing

Aug 4, 2017, 4:58 PM

How many of those stupid gamecocks want to ride on that slide!

Even Georgia had to take a peek.***

Aug 4, 2017, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Security tightened at new football operations center after influx of fans ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Even Georgia had to take a peek.***

Aug 5, 2017, 3:36 PM

Where have we heard those words before?!

Re: New Story: Security tightened at new football operations center after influx of fans

Aug 4, 2017, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Security tightened at new football operations center after influx of fans ]

It's not the building that amazes me. That's just money, and anyone can build a slide and there are much more expensive football ops facilities out there. It's what's going on behind closed doors that's so impressive!!

I'm pretty sure I'll still get VIP access when they find out

Aug 4, 2017, 4:33 PM

how many dippin' dots I've bought.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Lies, I went in a few weeks ago and a lovely

Aug 4, 2017, 4:50 PM

young lady at the desk said we couldn't go up stairs or walk up the hill. How is one to run down the hill if they can't go upstairs? Also, running down the hill is almost certain to lead to death or dismemberment due to the abrupt stop at the end created by windows.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lulz.***

Aug 4, 2017, 4:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2017, 5:31 PM

Yep, you might better come up with something for the Clemson family to get a peek at the full facilities during the off season. Or it might just get a little tougher getting people to help pay for the next sports projects. I've always been taught to never snap at the hand that feeds you. And alienating the Clemson fan base just might turn around and bite a chunk out of the smaller size donations that mount up to being huge with huge numbers of fans that do give something. A little bit of something is always better than nothing, and it's bc the little bit comes from big numbers. Don't ever get to big for the little people bc, they can have a bite when it come to the little bit of their cash they are willing to give from what little cash they do have, Just saying!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2017, 5:39 PM

But, surely, you can understand why we can't have fans going behind the scenes. Especially during football season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2017, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Security tightened at new football operations center after influx of fans ]

A good idea is to have an open week for fans during the break when players and coaches are gone. It keeps people from hounding players and coaches while giving fans a look inside the building they helped build.

Aug 4, 2017, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Security tightened at new football operations center after influx of fans ]

Most of us want the team to practice and coaches to coach. The building was built for that purpose, not as a tourist attraction.

Aug 4, 2017, 5:57 PM

Never seen that many cars there

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2017, 6:02 PM

To me, it is kinda frustrating. Back in the old days (1980s) when I was in school, you could go to The Jervey Athletic Center and see all the trophies. Anyone could walk in, and the trophies were in a display in the lobby, including the Orange Bowl National Championship trophy. You did not have to make an appointment or get "buzzed in" the building.

I think they need to give tours of the building, at least once a week, all year long, with more tours during the off season. Don't let fans just wonder around willy nilly, but let us make an appointment to be on a tour of the whole building, not just the lobby.

BTW, I went to campus hoping to see the inside of the complex about 6 weeks ago. It was the offseason. You had to have credentials to get in the building. We got lucky and got to go into the lobby where the NC trophies are. The Fiesta Bowl trophy was not there for the public to see though. That is all I got to see. Also, since the trophies are in a glass display, it is almost impossible to get a decent picture, because of the glare. That is not a complaint, just letting everyone know. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I should have had free rein of the building! I was hoping to join a tour group. I was going to be in town for a few hours and would have come back at any time during the day.

It is kinda funny, I know this is a different time and that there are plenty of wackos out there. Just look at what happened to "The Rock" when it wasn't protected well, for example. I guess it will be hard to keep everybody safe and happy! I am not whining, just stating my opinion.

Aug 4, 2017, 6:54 PM

Your experience us real. It must be factored in with the facility security considerations, imo. I pray that Clemson doesn't turn into a security zone everywhere. Sad that our athletic adversary fans force those possible protections. It's the state of our society, like it or not.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Impression: Thanks First.

Aug 4, 2017, 6:15 PM

I'm thankful for the vision of Clemson leadership and the donors. That it's something of interest or envy is the way life goes. We live with it. Proud to be a aTiger.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dr. Strangelove

Aug 4, 2017, 7:28 PM

When I read the quote from Thad Turnipspeed concerning the number of Power 5 and Group of 5 coaching staffs who have toured the new Football Operations Complex, I could not help but think of the scene in Dr. Strangelove where the Russian ambassador is caught attempting to take a photograph of "The Big Board".

S.CAR

Aug 4, 2017, 7:29 PM

I'm sure they sent some people over to take a look so they could see what a championship team/program look like,. besides someone has to clean the building,

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

after the damage to the rock.....

Aug 4, 2017, 8:05 PM

this is a very good idea. These days people are crazy. It is a shame that the majority has to pay for the action of others, but that is the world now.

I agree with keeping ppl the heck away during season.

Aug 4, 2017, 9:05 PM

This is for the players.

Maybe an open week in May or something

Dabo Land for all the Tigers far and near

Aug 4, 2017, 10:30 PM

Ok, I can understand that it's down to business now and the players and staff need full rein without distractions, but this is Dabo Land now too for the fiercest fan base in all of college football. The front entry should include a hall of achievement and dominance of Clemson football throughout its history with all the attractions one would expect of Dabo Land and Clemson greatness. This area, just for fans, could be open for tours year round. Heck, if IPTAY were smart they could set up a concierge and collect your inspired donation right on the spot.(Maybe they already do that. I haven't been there yet but I think they're missing it). Anyway, it's an icon to Clemson football and something we all want to be a part of.

Aug 4, 2017, 10:46 PM

They definitely need to develop a plan where IPTAY members and fans have access to the complex also. There should certainly be some restrictions but saying you can only get in to see the trophy is something that will bite them in the butt in the long run.

Aug 5, 2017, 1:01 AM

It seems Mr. Turnipseed does not realize Clemson is the premier football school in the country and has the facilities to match that reputation. That combination is going to draw interested people all the time.....isn't this a good problem?

I fully respect and recognize the purpose of the center and have no problem with keeping it off limits to the public during the times when the team is using it. But there's some downtime as well and rather than shutting fans out, invite them in. Hire a tour director...heck, charge a few bucks to get in. His statement about "all the fans" and therefore we've got to "tighten up the tours" certainly is not very good PR for Clemson or the football team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2017, 6:47 AM

Everything I have read is that this building is designed to be used all day long and all year long, players are using this facility during their 'down times' for recreation and team building activities.

This time of year, I doubt if the building is empty very often, someone is working on getting ready for season, grading the previous practices, they might have the equivalent of several games of game film to go through after every practice.

This building was built to help the team get ready for the season not to entertain fans. It was built to help players and coaches and impress recruits. In the off season let the fans tour the facility but not during season, they are working hard and should be allowed to do that without fans griping and complaining, they owe us nothing other than their best whenever they go on the field to play.

Aug 5, 2017, 7:27 AM

Give a " shoot to kill order".....kill the poor "rats" stinking up YOUR place. After you layout a "Walmart fake Tiger football clutching Urchin" they'll go back to the slums. Clean up Clemson, kill white trash!

Unfortunately, only solution is to separate trophies from Operations

Aug 5, 2017, 9:28 AM

Won't work otherwise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Couldn't they find a place for the trophy more accessible ?***

Aug 5, 2017, 12:31 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic