Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Scott: Feaster and Etienne are above the rest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Scott: Feaster and Etienne are above the rest

Sep 25, 2017, 3:47 PM

Scott: Feaster and Etienne are above the rest

Everybody wants to know if freshman running back Travis Etienne will get more of an opportunity in the coming weeks, and the coaches hear the question over and over from the media and the fans. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS WAS A GOOD ARTCLE DAVID AND I GAVE YOU A TU

Sep 25, 2017, 3:55 PM

EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE INFINIT POINTS I DIDN'T WANT THE LACK OF TU'S TO HURT YOUR FILLINGS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

infinity plus 1***

Sep 26, 2017, 1:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess Feaster and Etienne in as a halfback/tailback duo

Sep 25, 2017, 4:12 PM

Is old fashioned and shouldn't even be considered?

I just keep thinking about the look on a defense's face if 2, 9, & 28 were back there at the same time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: New Story: Scott: Feaster and Etienne are above the rest

Sep 25, 2017, 4:13 PM

Nice to hear Coach Scott say TnT were primary RBs. TE may no be best at pass blocking, but that is something that can be taught. His blend of speed, downfield vision and power cannot. We have the best stable of RBs in college football. Let's use them.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2017, 4:52 PM

Travis and Tavian- T&T!

Simmons and Muse S&M!

Sep 25, 2017, 6:39 PM

????

Sep 25, 2017, 4:15 PM

Travis Etienne is the equalizer we need to dominate offensively, he's such a talent.
GO TIGER'S!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2017, 4:31 PM

Etienne, even though he is the rookie in our stable of RBs, the rookie has proven that he is a quality RB and has earned his spot of being one of the top 3 in rotation at least until he gets the full playbook in his head so that when he enters the game, he can do so without any questions in his head of what is expected of him with any play that is being sent in to run. When he has proven that he has that part of the game down Pat, he just needs to be patient until he is sure and has proven that he is a complete RB in every sense of the game. He surely has the skill as any in that group except for maybe his full senses of his mental game that can only come with time. From what we have seen of this kid so far, he has the talent of becoming one of the best RBs that we have had since maybe CJ spiller!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Music to my ears

Sep 25, 2017, 6:18 PM

It's clear to most Tiger fans that after 4 games that Feaster and Etienne have risen to the top. But in a situation like this in the past, you would NEVER hear one of the coaches say this. To say the the younger players have risen above the experienced players is pretty unusual for our coaching staff. And BTW, Fuller and Choice are incredible running backs. They just happen to be on a team with two freaks at RB. I have never, ever predicted a Clemson player to win the Heisman even though DW4 surely deserved it. But I think Etienne will win a Heisman while at Clemson.

Awesome!!***

Sep 25, 2017, 7:03 PM

I Would Save Etienne For The Entire Second Half Of Games ---

Sep 25, 2017, 7:05 PM

He's still young but can give one heck of a spark. Feaster can bust a big one too but I think Feaster Choice and Fuller with all our receivers can wear down any defense as the game goes on.
Then pour Etienne in and it should be the back breaker to win our games outright and just pull away
in the second halfs.

Not that we should rely on Etienne because we do have other playmakers. They should not over think this at all to where we are looking like we don't know what to with our talent and lose a game
because of that very reason....ha ..ha.

I'm curious and excited on how this will play out throughout this season.

Re: I Would Save Etienne For The Entire Second Half Of Games ---

Sep 25, 2017, 10:11 PM

I tend to agree. Let Etienne get some game time late in the game when he can build some confidence. Put him in during a few rushing and throwing downs during the first half to se how he is adjusting to both. Feaster is a beast in his own right so he deserves the starts. Choice is still our best goal line option (I don't know why but that guy gets into the end zone). Fuller is the odd man out in this rb crew.

Sep 25, 2017, 10:11 PM [ in reply to I Would Save Etienne For The Entire Second Half Of Games --- ]

I tend to agree. Let Etienne get some game time late in the game when he can build some confidence. Put him in during a few rushing and throwing downs during the first half to se how he is adjusting to both. Feaster is a beast in his own right so he deserves the starts. Choice is still our best goal line option (I don't know why but that guy gets into the end zone). Fuller is the odd man out in this rb crew.

Sep 25, 2017, 10:12 PM [ in reply to I Would Save Etienne For The Entire Second Half Of Games --- ]

I don't disagree, but I do want Feaster to get some TDs also. Let him show more than just power in the A gap.

Also - throw him the ball. IIRC he catches out of the backfield just fine.

Sep 26, 2017, 10:29 AM [ in reply to I Would Save Etienne For The Entire Second Half Of Games --- ]

I tend to disagree. If we have such a talented player as Etienne, why not play him when the game is on the line? Like the other RB's he needs to learn how to cope with the stress of playing when the defense is rested and motivated. Play our strengths from the beginning of the game. That's what being the best at your position should mean. That's the definition of being on the first team. Is Etienne,or is he not, the best running back we have?

I feel bad for Fuller & Choice because they've waited their turn

Sep 25, 2017, 11:24 PM

And the new kids on the block come in and snag the starting roles but we have and are building a dynasty here so I'm glad the coaches have stopped with the coddling and hand holding that was done before with players that had been in line. Scott sees the 2 freaks are better than Choice & Fuller and are going to put us in a position to win and I'm glad to hear it. Choice & Fuller are starters on a lot of different teams if they played there but they happen to be on the same team as 2 of the best RBs in the country. Scott and Elliott can find a way to use all 4 and wear down defenses like Bama and we will be completely unstoppable. Gonna be an awesome season!! Go Tigers!!!!!!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic