Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Questions abound as arrival of the bees signals championship drive
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

New Story: Questions abound as arrival of the bees signals championship drive

Oct 23, 2017, 7:52 AM

Questions abound as arrival of the bees signals championship drive

The arrival of the bees marks the beginning of Clemson’s championship drive. No. 7 Clemson has had 10 days to stew on the loss at Syracuse, 10 days to lick their wounds, watch film and figure out just what the heck went wrong in New York. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Questions abound as arrival of the bees signals championship drive

Oct 23, 2017, 8:05 AM

Great work, as usual David. As for the kicking game, this is the one Make-or-break area at this time. I have confidence that the coaching staff will work out the structural issues with the defense. The talent is there, we just have to get them in the right spot at the right time. The offense can carry it's own weight regardless of the QB, however, we might see a much heavier dose of what will look a lot like Danny Ford Offense. Run, Run, Run to set up a play action pass, etc. I don't see us becoming pass-centric at this point in time.

As for the kicking game... well, I expect that the mindset inside the football operations center is something like this; Anything inside the 40 yard line is now 4 down territory. If we make it, the drive stays alive. If not, we still have one of the best defenses in the country, so lets get those guys in position.

It's going to be interesting. We will have to bring our "A" game at least 3 of the last 5 games, maybe even 4 as somehow South Carolina has found a way to make some noise, but, the talent is there.

Combine effort with the right game plan and we will be "OK".

Re: New Story: Questions abound as arrival of the bees signals championship drive

Oct 23, 2017, 9:37 AM

I hope they do commit to the run, we have the backs to be an outstanding running team. It looks as if they are trying to do the same things with our current QB's as they did with DW & it isn't working very well.

Oct 23, 2017, 11:43 AM

It worked pretty well when Hunter Johnson was in the game a couple of weeks ago, though he wasn't in long enough to say for sure. HJ took us right down the field for a TD, blip, blip, blip, and he made it look so easy. What I have seen, though is that Cooper doesn't seem to be anything close to what we've had at QB, and if playing a hurt Bryant was any indication, our coach's confidence level with our backups says they must not like what they are seeing at practice, either. It was very obvious that KB was not close to being 100%, but rather than playing one of the backups, they played a hurt QB. KB has been a huge part of our offensive production, but having him in as immobile as he was hurt us, for sure. Hope we get that fixed, and I hope we keep the pedal to the metal all game on O and D.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2017, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Questions abound as arrival of the bees signals championship drive ]

With the right plan, does that have anything to do with play calling, if it does, you are speaking in a foreign tongue that we haven't understood for awhile now. But it could be some type of coach speak that we haven't caught on to as of yet, but my hopes are up and hoping for the best is yet to come analogy that Dabo speaks of at times. Goooo Tigers, beat those yellow Bee's!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2017, 8:29 AM

I think as David said, the run game that we should have utilized against Syracuse will be on display the next few weeks. There's a reason we have 4 good scholarship running backs, I say we pound the rock until the opposing defense wears down. And take a couple deep balls too, Deon is too fast not to

Not mentioned is.....

Oct 23, 2017, 10:17 AM

the blocking on pass plays. Our QB is still getting hit too many times for the caliber of offensive line we were told we have . As much as I love TnT they both need to block better.

Running backs missed at least 3 blocks which led to sack vs.

Oct 23, 2017, 11:11 AM

Syracuse.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2017, 10:31 AM

Hey guys, i don't know about the bees defense, but NCSU &FSU have talented defenses. We CANNOT expect to pound the rock against defenses that are going to stack the box. We have great RBs & great WRs. We must find the QB that can get them the ball. We have a good DL, but not one that can push a talented DL off the LOS every play. Find the passing QB that can keep defenses honest, then pound the rock.

After the cuse game our opponent's DCs are going to make us beat them with the pass. Count on it.

And that qb would be ...the only one besides KB who displays

Oct 23, 2017, 11:12 AM

touch on his long passes?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2017, 11:01 AM

Same old questions. The answers are the questions, if you will. I think the Tigers are coming out renewed.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2017, 12:29 PM

I'm going to stick with exactly what it is, is no different than it is with other elite teams around college fb that get hit with several injuries with key players, and when it happens with your starting QB, it's a top of the key injury. With most teams the starting QB is your starter bc it's believed they are the best QB on the team. With us as far as experience is concerned, Kelly Bryant was the best choice to be our starting QB, and if we are going to be honest with our selves, our coaches didn't have a better choice other than KB. When healthy, even though it hasn't always been pretty, KB has gotten us through 3 top 15 wins with two of those wins on the road, and we have to hope that we can get KB back healthy for the GT game.

With all of what I've said above, I believe it to be the honest truth. But after KB went out with injury, maybe the best choice at QB should have been the QB with the best arm accuracy that could get the ball in the hands of our elite receiving core. I just believe that a very talented Freshman with an accurate arm would have been a better choice over a talented red shirt Freshman just bc he was considered to be the best runner. I say this bc with our very talented RBs that we have, it would have been better to use the RBs for the running, and put the ball in the hands of the QB with the most accurate arm to get the ball in the hands of our elite receiving core. I know that it is easier said than done, but there is always risk with choosing the next QB when your starter goes down and your choices are two QBs with only a season separating their experience with neither having much game experience. I think that I would choose arm accuracy over the best runner, especially with the RBs we have. Just saying!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic