Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Open Date: To-do list for the coaching staff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

New Story: Open Date: To-do list for the coaching staff

Oct 17, 2017, 7:01 AM

Open Date: To-do list for the coaching staff

The open week is a time to recharge the batteries, heal up and gear up for the rest of the season. For 6-1 Clemson, the open date comes at the perfect time. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Open Date: To-do list for the coaching staff

Oct 17, 2017, 7:36 AM

KB only has 4 TD passes. Zerrick threw one to Cornell Powell against Kent State. Hunter hit Cannon Smith against Wake. Those are the 6.

Oct 17, 2017, 8:19 AM

Yes, everybody take a deep breath! Can anybody name a team that did not lose at least one game in 2016?Let's support our team. Every team will lose a game at some point.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2017, 4:48 PM

Agree. Same in 2015. I so want to be the first major college team to go 15-0 but that is off the table this year. Let's win out to make sure no other team gets there first!!

GO TIGERS!!

The 2 high blitz has to push HJ for more PT right?

Oct 17, 2017, 8:13 AM

I know you said the deep ball is the answer, but what's more commonly open is the middle of the field. That's now KB strong suit unless he can escape pressure and scramble.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Season is going by too fast***

Oct 17, 2017, 8:34 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Oct 17, 2017, 8:34 AM

David, do you think our Tight End group would actually see a boost in receptions by adding Garrett Williams back into the mix? He is an outstanding blocking tight end but has accounted for just 1 reception in his career. We just don't have that "guy" at tight end this year who can make plays.

Oct 17, 2017, 9:38 AM

It would be great to add him back in, if he didn't tear his ACL in spring ball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2017, 9:04 AM

Is this a list?

null

How can we not have a 4-5 star placekicker on scholarship as

Oct 17, 2017, 9:35 AM

a National Championship team?
Hope that is a recruiting priority
this year!!
Go Tigers!!

We already have a kicker committed, pretty good from what

Oct 17, 2017, 9:40 AM

I've seen.

Re: We already have a kicker committed, pretty good from what

Oct 17, 2017, 9:42 AM

He has a monster leg and is extremely accurate. Would not be surprised at all if he starts his freshman year. I believe he's the highest rated kicker Clemson has ever had commit.

Re: How can we not have a 4-5 star placekicker on scholarship as

Oct 17, 2017, 9:45 AM [ in reply to How can we not have a 4-5 star placekicker on scholarship as ]

GUESS YOU FORGOT ABOUT THAT PRESEASON ALL AMERICAN WE HAVE THAT KINDA GOT HURT A LITTLE BIT. SMFH

Re: How can we not have a 4-5 star placekicker on scholarship as

Oct 17, 2017, 11:32 AM [ in reply to How can we not have a 4-5 star placekicker on scholarship as ]

There are no 4-5 star kickers. Highest you'll see is typically 3-star. We have one of those committed for next year and had a pretty #### good kicker until the injury.

Has there ever been a 4 or 5 star kicker!***

Oct 17, 2017, 4:02 PM [ in reply to How can we not have a 4-5 star placekicker on scholarship as ]

To-do list : 1. Get Hunter Johnson ready

Oct 17, 2017, 9:45 AM

2. Get Hunter Johnson ready

3. Get Hunter Johnson ready

4. Find a kicker

5. Get Hunter Johnson ready

Re: To-do list : 1. Get Hunter Johnson ready

Oct 17, 2017, 9:46 AM

SHOULD THAT NOT SAY GET KELLY BRYANT READY.

Should that not say....

Oct 17, 2017, 11:10 AM

Nope

Let Bryant rest.

Oct 17, 2017, 9:52 AM

You count on the 3rd year Engineering Student if he's a better option than the alternatives!

Oct 17, 2017, 11:25 AM

> You count on the 3rd year Engineering Student if he's
> a better option than the alternatives!

Good point! Or, a former or present soccer player!

isn't as easy now that they took away the tee***

Oct 17, 2017, 3:50 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How Dare you give these coaches a to-do list!

Oct 17, 2017, 11:05 AM

It was one loss move on our record is a billion wins to 3 losses.

I am kidding but this is how too many tigernetters respond to any negativity.

Oct 17, 2017, 11:23 AM

Interesting ... our kicking situation is dire. But it could be an easy fix. I haven't studied any film in detail, but I remember having a player I coached in competitive soccer having the issue -- realized what it was, and fixed it.

And it could be that Spence is raising his head too early and not looking at the ball until contact. Perhaps kicking field goals is different than soccer, but I didn't have any problem with kicking footballs through the goalposts from the 30-yard line after soccer practice at Clemson when the football team would leave footballs on the field after their practice. :)

Also, interesting to note that Alex is 2-6 and we're looking for other options. I think he's about to get it fixed and come roaring back.

However, wasn't Cooper 2 of 6 in his first outing while Johnson was 5 of 5? Would we keep Spence out there with his stats if another kicker had gone 5 for 5?

Thank you, David. Downfield passing game needs to be addressed

Oct 17, 2017, 1:03 PM

6 passing touchdowns on the season is the only stat you need. If we’re WRU, this is frightening. If KB isn’t the guy, choose another option because other teams are going to start teeing off on us. Manufacturing TD passes usually requires throws of greater than 5-10 yards downfield - not sideways.

I miss Greg the leg

Oct 17, 2017, 3:07 PM

Alex Spence may not have the off the field problems as Amon Lakip did (hope everybody remembers that name) but his kicks are about the same :L. Greg Huegel was our long distance kicker and he's been amazing. One of the things I thought in the beginning of the year that would make us a CFP contender this year was

1. Greg Huegel and Will Spiers absolutely killing opposing special teams. Huegel is about the 7th best kicker in the nation (pre-ingury) and everybody saw the boomers from Spiers in the spring game.

2. linebacking corps looked great. Tre Lamar is filling the shoes of boulware pretty well I thought. And of course Kendall Joseph and especially O'daniel have really stepped up their games. O'daniel in coverage and Josehp on blitz and Lamar either on blitz as well or stopping the run I thought made us better than Bama (those guys at bama just are't Reuben Foster).

3. Depth at quaterback. Look everybbody knew Bryant could run nobody doubted that. Nobody. But in the spring game he showed some serious concerns with accuracy. And then when he got named starter the team took it well but fans didn't. (that's because we couldn't see the practices :( ) but anyways he proved to be great. Zerrick Cooper was pretty accurate in throwing in the spring game but in these past few games he looks great 1st second down then he hits some terrible ball for 3rd downs. In short he isn't clutch. At all. Hunter Johnson... Ok this guy can throw everybody in this fanbase should pretty much accept he has incredible arm talent and touch (that pass to Cannon Smith I think is his name in the Louisville game.) Problem is in my opinion is he may be a track star but actually seeing those gaps and hitting them right when he needs to is different than the track. So his mobility issues are apparent to me. And it showed in the spring game as well. However, like almost everybody here thinks, I think we should bench Bryant till he's fully recovered. And try Johnson out to see if he's clutch. I think our running backs can get more touches this way and get our recievers more receptions which can never hurt. We can stay balanced despite maybe not sticking to a qb run as much. Sad part is that's just not how Clemson rolls and we like the QB run but, eh can't hurt to state my opinion and see if you guys agree or disagree

Oct 17, 2017, 5:01 PM

Teach the holder to point the threads toward the goal post, so the kicker will have a descent chance of making the kick.

Oct 18, 2017, 10:32 AM

Are you insane? you can't say anything about the holder!

Haha, he was just joking Dabo, the holder is doing a great job, haha!

Improve speed/communication of defensive calls...

Oct 17, 2017, 7:36 PM

especially against faced paced offenses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic