Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: NCAA legislation forces Swinney to change high school camp process
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

New Story: NCAA legislation forces Swinney to change high school camp process

May 9, 2017, 1:21 PM

NCAA legislation forces Swinney to change high school camp process

The first few weeks of June are usually a busy time around the Clemson campus as thousands of high school players from across the country make their way to Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney’s high school camp, but this year's camp will feature a different look. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo will make it work

May 9, 2017, 1:40 PM

I'd imagine the staffs at the local FCS and DII schools would love to be involved with so many prospects in one place, the vast majority of whom won't attend Clemson. A little change in the pocket won't hurt them either as they aren't getting rich at the lower levels.

One other possible advantage, Dabo will be able to scout coaches as well, like he found Bates. Eventually, more guys will be leaving for other opportunities.

Re: Dabo will make it work

May 9, 2017, 1:47 PM

Dabo is pretty good at turning a perceived negative into a positive. You hit on all points I was thinking of, mainly the coach scouting.

Re: Dabo will make it work

May 9, 2017, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Dabo will make it work ]

I agree, and it would help those lower level coaches a chance to get a good look at some kid that won't be recruited at the D1 level. It will give those coaches a look at prospects for them to go after in recruiting. There is always diamonds in the rough for the lower level schools also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NCAA is so ^*%#$@ stupid....

May 9, 2017, 2:04 PM

They seem to go out of their way to continually step on their own Johnson with golf shoes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The NCAA is so ^*%#$@ stupid....

May 9, 2017, 5:05 PM

The NCAA does a better job than most think .... but it hard to herd cats when the cats get to vote on the rules..... There was obviously a problem with the payments to high school coaches by colleges...

This is part of the same rule that probitits NCAA coaches

May 9, 2017, 5:28 PM [ in reply to The NCAA is so ^*%#$@ stupid.... ]

from hiring the HS coaches of players they are recruiting. Many people were in favor of that part of the rule, but there's a lot of collateral damage that comes along with it. This camp issue is one of them, and it also makes it much more difficult for coaches to naturally move their way up from the HS ranks to college.

Just as a recent example, Clemson probably would not have been allowed to hire Mickey Conn last year had the rule been in place.

Re: This is part of the same rule that probitits NCAA coaches

May 9, 2017, 9:34 PM

Baby! Meet bath water! Now, out with you both! -_-

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They didn't say anything about me applying hehe

May 9, 2017, 2:18 PM

Shoot I'd help the boys any day.

Now that's funny!***

May 9, 2017, 8:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: NCAA legislation forces Swinney to change high school camp process

May 9, 2017, 9:30 PM

Satan approved of course.

Anything to slow down Da boy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: NCAA legislation forces Swinney to change high school camp process

May 10, 2017, 10:58 AM

Ain't nothing slowing this Tiger down.

I'm reading that language a bit differently

May 10, 2017, 2:27 PM

It doesn't seem to prevent coaches that might have a prospect from coaching at a camp. It only stops those that actually DID have a prospect sign. It keeps the schools (like Michigan) from hiring the coach to stay with prospect/player while he's at school. And its not based on prospect but the player actually signing and enrolling on campus. Keep in mind that the vast majority of high schools do not have a player that will get a scholarship much less go D1.

By the strict reading of that language, we could have the coaches from Cartersville help out this year, because we don't have anyone from Cartersville High on the team. But after Lawrence signs, they can't help for 2 years from the date he steps on campus.

Re: I'm reading that language a bit differently

May 10, 2017, 2:50 PM

that's how i read it as well. but I am not a lawyer.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic