Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Monday Morning Thoughts: Tigers survive another wacky weekend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

New Story: Monday Morning Thoughts: Tigers survive another wacky weekend

Nov 6, 2017, 8:00 AM

Monday Morning Thoughts: Tigers survive another wacky weekend

Isn’t college football great? Clemson’s thrilling win over North Carolina provided enough cardiac moments to last a season, and as we walked from the press box into the cramped visitors’ interview area inside Carter-Finley Stadium we had no idea the fun was just beginning. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Monday Morning Thoughts: Tigers survive another wacky weekend

Nov 6, 2017, 8:18 AM

You made a comment about Alabama.....go to AL.Com and you will see the same article you wrote, only it's about the Alabama/ LSU game...

McCloud needs to get time playing both ways

Nov 6, 2017, 8:19 AM

He is fully capable of playing CB at a high level and can still be in the rotation at WR. If he is the best on both sides, let him play.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: McCloud needs to get time playing both ways

Nov 6, 2017, 10:49 AM

He may be capable, but he’s not ready. He got abused on Saturday.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good article but we didn't play North Carolina***

Nov 6, 2017, 8:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I think both KB and the D were overcompensating for early

Nov 6, 2017, 8:27 AM

mistakes, the interception and td pass, where Amir looked like the SC db who was carried into the endzone by Mike Williams. What was he doing starting?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need to use Milan Richard more...

Nov 6, 2017, 8:56 AM

As a receiver! He could open things up for Kelly and he can run, and bring a load. Ask the roadkill DB #5 from NC State...

Re: We need to use Milan Richard more...

Nov 6, 2017, 11:36 AM

What we need more than anything, is better accuracy from our QB, we have receivers that are getting open, but KB either don't see them, or he over throws them by 10 yards with them being W I D E open. I'm not calling for another QB bc that's not going to happen, I'm calling for our coaches to demand better play from the QB they are sold on. For the season so far, there has been TD after TD after TD has been left on the field all season. If KB had all the TDs he has missed this season, we would be hands down the #1 team in the country with a 9-0 record to this point, and nobody can honestly deny that IMO... Here is what I'm most saying, check out the links below at Hunter Renfrow stats until this season,

http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/player/147/1062727/index.html

http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/player/147/1062727/index.html

http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/player/147/1062727/index.html

Hunter Renfrow has zero TDs in 9 games, that alone says that there is a problem. Is the problem Renfrow, I don't think so!!!

I know that teams will play Hunter a little tighter bc he can hurt any team we play. But not so tight that a receiver as good as Hunter is to be held to ZERO TDs this year. A player with Hunters talent don't get shut out in 9 straight games if the QB can get the ball in his hands any where in the red zone. We haven't played a 2016 Bama defense this year, and he had 10 catches against Bama's defense with two of them for TDs. Hunter can not be shut out for zero TDs in 9 games with a QB with a pulse. Dabo, Streeter, Elliott and Scott has said during this entire season that KB gives us our best chance to win. They may have believed that at the start, but I think that they have saw that he wasn't our best QB early on, and I don't understand why they haven't made it a priority to get one of our other QBs ready to take over. Preferably our highest recruited high 4/5 star Hunter Johnson, they could have by now had him prepped and ready to come in and lead this team when KB went down and we lost to Syracuse. I maybe exercising wishful thinking here, but I have always been the type of person that looks out in front and try to fix it before it actually breaks, or be prepared when it does. My wife calls me a pack rat bc when something breaks, I will replace it, and I will fix the broken and save it just in case. I would have replaced KB, and tried to fix him just in case.;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will just add...

Nov 6, 2017, 12:56 PM

I cringed when I heard Tony Elliot say that neither HJ nor ZC were capable of running the offense (at this point). Huh? Are you kidding me? WHY THE HE77 NOT? What have the offensive coaches been doing since January?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2017, 9:11 AM

Congrats to the Tigers! It was a crazy game. I agree that Bryant's passes have been way off recently, as he indicated "way too high". Coach said that this was by far his worst game. Did they just realize that after the game was over? Still do not understand why Hunter is not getting any snaps. He is the best passer by far. Coach said Finley is a Sunday quarterback. He throws the ball very well and did so against a very poor CU defensive secondary.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"none of the teams left on the schedule can air it out"

Nov 6, 2017, 9:33 AM

I disagree. FSU and SCar can and will air it out. Both of those games will be tougher than a lot of people imagine. 4th quarter games for sure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I agree.*****

Nov 6, 2017, 10:30 AM

Re: I agree.*****

Nov 6, 2017, 12:12 PM

I also agree. FSPHEW has been in most of their games and they do have some really great players. And the Bantams from Columbia do play pretty solid defense. Neither game will be easy. Citadel just the salve Clemson needs for hurting bodies.

Re: "none of the teams left on the schedule can air it out"

Nov 6, 2017, 12:31 PM [ in reply to "none of the teams left on the schedule can air it out" ]

> I disagree. FSU and SCar can and will air it out.
> Both of those games will be tougher than a lot of
> people imagine. 4th quarter games for sure.

Especially knowing we are thin due to injuries at DB. Teams will continue to throw and will get a couple of big plays out of it.

Nov 6, 2017, 9:38 AM

That is a good point about our backs not getting many carries. We have some fine backs, it's a shame we aren't using them very much.

Nov 6, 2017, 4:22 PM

I'm thinking that most of our coaches are still shock drunk from winning the NC. And that does happen with a lot of coaches when their team wins that 1 major game. They start believing that the next one should come easier bc they have that first one out of the way. Hopefully somebody will wake up and see the the second one will be just as hard or harder to win the second time. I just don't see that many college Head Coaches being that wrong about Hunter Johnson, he had more than twice as many big time school after him than any of our other QBs, Chase, Cooper, Israel, or Bryant!!! But also, Bama, lsu, or UGA offered any of them, Johnson either. But now, every big time FB school has offered Trevor Lawrence, will the seniority rule keep Trevor Lawrence on the bench with Tony Elliot saying that HJ, ZC, or TL were capable of running the offense next season also. I'm willing to bet that he will come close to saying those same words 10 games in next year!!! If it wasn't for Morris, there is no way that DW4 would have played a meaningful down as a true freshman... And we don't have to be a coach to see when people are set in their ways and use the words, he gives us a better chance to win only bc they have been there longer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2017, 5:11 PM

Wake up America,, you my friend are an idiot

Nov 6, 2017, 10:03 AM

Happy for the win, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't the carry distribution right now. You have two great backs and together they didn't total 20 carries. It can't be like that.

Heck!

Nov 6, 2017, 10:23 AM

One would have thought we were playing usuc at willie b, or ugay in athens the way the fans acted at that game. Come on NCSU, show a little class to go along with your minimal player and coaching talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heck!

Nov 6, 2017, 12:08 PM

They're your classic red-headed step child...wanting so badly to be allowed to the grown-up table. This was the best chance they were going to have, senior-laden team, at home, chance to play for the ACC title if they win, a banged up and young Clemson team,,,etc etc etc...and they couldn't do it. From the coach to the fans they were so horribly bitter, reality sucks and I think as that game ended they realized they just won't ever beat or be at the level of Clemson.

Acceptance of mediocrity is never easy.

Re: Heck!

Nov 6, 2017, 4:25 PM

I wish I could give a few more plus 1s, bc that what you said is the whole truth!!!

Nov 6, 2017, 11:11 AM

I too was happy to see R-R with a great punt return! Get well soon DL!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should Hunter Johnson Be Our "Secret Weapon" ?

Nov 6, 2017, 12:56 PM

KB starts of course ... he runs, runs, runs ...

Defense keys on that of course cause they know throwing is not his strong suite

THEN we roll in Hunter J .... Defense thinks, Ah !!! they are going to throw !

BUT, he doesn't ! He runs !

THEN, on an obvious running play he THROWS DEEP ! Hits the other "Hunter", in the end zone !

Much joy and many bud lights are drunken and mass chicken wings are consumed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Should Hunter Johnson Be Our "Secret Weapon" ?

Nov 6, 2017, 4:29 PM

Hunter Renfrow hasn't had a single TD pass thrown to him in 9 full games when getting him the ball in the red zone would have made winning much, much easier!!!! And I'm going to say this even if it causes my pulse to drop from 100% to zero, KB is the absolute worst passing QB we have had since Dabo became our HC. And if all our QBs had the same amount time at Clemson, there is no way in H&LL that KB would be our starting QB right now!!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic