Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Lawrence, Higgins, tempo and 50-50 balls: Jeff Scott recaps improved spring offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

New Story: Lawrence, Higgins, tempo and 50-50 balls: Jeff Scott recaps improved spring offense

Apr 19, 2018, 1:36 PM

Lawrence, Higgins, tempo and 50-50 balls: Jeff Scott recaps improved spring offense

Jeff Scott wanted to see improvement from his offense during the spring, especially with plays down the field and tempo. Did he see what wanted to see? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

more excuses for bryant***

Apr 19, 2018, 1:53 PM

What do you want him to do?

Apr 19, 2018, 2:22 PM

Do you want him to throw KB under the bus so you guys will be satisfied? Who in their right mind would want their kid play for coaches who publicly bash their players? Is that what Clemson family is to you?

Our coaches are going to play the best player. At this point it looks like it will be TL but we have only seen a small sample of what they have. Our coaches don’t deserve to be accused of making excuses for their players.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do you want him to do?

Apr 19, 2018, 3:53 PM

From what we all seen from the spring game, most of us want to hear that there will be a QB change. But Smackdown is absolutely correct about it wouldn't be good for our coaches to say that KB had been over taken by who ever of the other 3 guys. I think that privately they have told KB what they expect to see of him to keep his job, and the coaches have done it and will do it the right way. Throwing players under the bus is just cootish, and we would never want to be accused of doing anything the way they or the sec does things, we are Clemson, and our coaches are way better than that. But sometimes even us Clemson fans have to be pulled back to doing the right things the right way. And pulling KB out of a game that he is having trouble will be the best way to play the next best man up!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do you want him to do?

Apr 19, 2018, 6:34 PM

You know man I don’t even care if they name another starter at this point but I don’t think they will. Even if they do it’s just a post spring depth chart and they know it can change in the fall. My thing is this “making excuses for Bryant”/“more double talk from Dabo”/“Bryant can’t hit the broad side of a barn” talk is disrespectful to our players and coaches. I understand the strong feelings of a fan. I have them. However, we should put some thought into the things we post about our players and coaches. These guys are giving us our best years in Clemson history and they are working their butts off to do it. They care and it shows. We need to act like we appreciate it and not act like a bunch of spoiled fans.

Thank you Cootsmack well put! I'm disappointed in the treat-

Apr 20, 2018, 10:41 AM [ in reply to What do you want him to do? ]

ment of KB on this board. I love this "Is that what Clemson family is to you?" Well done. I agree the best player will get the nod so why are so many on here so critical of Kelly Bryant who did such a fine job leading this program in most games last season. At this point I can certainly understand if the staff does feel compelled to get defensive of Bryant at times on here.

It's going to be a great year. But remember that all the players are part of the family. Like Lindsey Lohan said in "Parent Trap" please don't split up the family! (OK I have no idea if that is true as I've never seen that movie and have no desire to see it)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This post is easily the top 5 dumbest comments on Tnet, ever

Apr 19, 2018, 11:13 PM [ in reply to more excuses for bryant*** ]

Lol. Good job.

Marine isn't referring to mine btw.. look at the dates. How

Apr 20, 2018, 10:57 AM

ever mine would probably make the top 10.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So HJ, TL & CB gained 20% on KB***

Apr 19, 2018, 2:49 PM

Re: New Story: Lawrence, Higgins, tempo and 50-50 balls: Jeff Scott recaps improved spring offense

Apr 19, 2018, 4:44 PM

Coaches speaking about players in the midst of a season of practices and scrimmages. That's where we are just like the past unrememorable years. Coaches won't say who starts anywhere cause it's not time. No excuses. It's just football season prep. All our players have work to do, just like all other universities. The diff: Tigers are better than the rest.??

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it was pretty telling

Apr 19, 2018, 6:37 PM

That we have 2 offensive coordinators and both of them were on HJ’s and TLaw’s side. Chase Brice had the same WRs as Kelly yet moved the ball with ease. I do think a touch scrimmage doesn’t bode well for Kelly’s talents however he continued to overthrow guys when passing plays were called. I hope they sit Kelly down and be honest with him cause check down passing or throwing the ball 10 yards won’t win a National Championship which was proven last year. I do like Kelly and wish him well but the coaches need to do what’s best for the team and if the end goal is another National Championship then a QB that can throw the ball all over the field is a necessity. The more reps HJ, TLaw, and CB get in practice and the early games the more comfortable they will feel in the offense.

Re: I think it was pretty telling

Apr 20, 2018, 10:23 AM

I really think that KB can help us as A WR because of his ability to play option pass, run and receive especially if He has any Pro football aspirations.

I love Tee Higgins and I think he's going to be incredible

Apr 20, 2018, 11:18 AM

but he's still a bit "handsy" right now. That's probably one of the last things he needs to clean up in his game. I think he could be flagged for OPI on a lot of the 50/50 balls I've seen thrown to him, including the 50 yard TD last weekend and the insane 1-handed catch he made against El Cid last year. It's a pretty fine line between hand fighting and OPI, with the difference usually coming down to how far the WR gets his arm extended, and right now Tee still tends to fully extend his arm to create separation. He has the size, body control, and ridiculous hands to make those plays without doing that. And of course the crafty, experienced WRs often learn how to create separation without quite fully extending that arm. Hopefully he can add that to his bag of tricks with some more experience.

I know I've been MIA, but my two cents...

Apr 20, 2018, 11:35 AM

Was at the Game. 3 of 4 QBs were aggressive and showed their stuff. One did not.

I'm not going to bash. Heck we only had one loss during the regular season. I predicted at least two prior to the season beginning. But, I guess I'm a dumb@$$

However throughout the season, my wife "Kelley" thought I was pissed at her every Saturday during games. And by the end of the season whenever Clemson was playing she was DVRing "Snapped" on the Oxygen channel.

I learned to control my emotions...

Re: I know I've been MIA, but my two cents...

Apr 20, 2018, 12:32 PM

Isn't the trachea the Oxygen Channel ?

Technically speaking ?

It's just ...ya know , something I struggle with .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

50-50 Balls

Apr 20, 2018, 12:20 PM

Good name for a male fertility drug .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic