Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Is an early signing period closer to becoming a reality?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,940

New Story: Is an early signing period closer to becoming a reality?

Jul 25, 2014, 8:29 AM

Is an early signing period closer to becoming a reality?

Atlantic Coast Conference commissioner John Swofford told the ACC media earlier this week that the league is in favor of an early signing period period, saying he thinks it would be "healthy" for the sport. Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney has also given his thoughts on what he thinks it would do for the players, coaches and schools. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love it!!***

Jul 25, 2014, 8:58 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: I love it!!***

Jul 25, 2014, 12:23 PM

I believe that an early signing date could be the best thing for the schools and the student athletes. It would help stop schools from pulling the rug out from under recruits at the last moment with no place to go, like Slurrier done a couple years ago. And it would help save schools from TOP recruits playing the recruiting games just like the kimshitshe incident. That one incident would have been avoided with an early signing day b/c it wouldn't have had time to get as far as it did... And we would have had plenty of time to recruit another top recruit to replace Kimshitfaceshe. And October 15 would be a perfect day for signing day #1. And February for signing day #2, perfect for college.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love the idea, but if anyone thinks this will change things

Jul 25, 2014, 9:41 AM

is badly mistaken. It will still eventually evolve to where schools are fighting and backstabbing the way it currently happens. Only change will be that it just happens much earlier in a kid's life. These HS athletes will get bombarded at a much early age and schools will be taking a chance on younger kids.

I just wish there was a better way to address the problem.

T-net needs to stop w/ the articles that don't allow us to think Swofford is literally evil.

Jul 25, 2014, 10:56 AM

Any positive association with Swofford should be banned. We will hate that man at all costs.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: T-net needs to stop w/ the articles that don't allow us to think Swofford is literally evil.

Jul 25, 2014, 2:04 PM

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time.

Him and Jane Fonda- unforgivable.***

Jul 25, 2014, 10:34 PM [ in reply to T-net needs to stop w/ the articles that don't allow us to think Swofford is literally evil. ]

Re: New Story: Is an early signing period closer to becoming a reality?

Jul 25, 2014, 11:09 AM

I like seeing the guy in the background holding his head like listening to Swofford is giving him a headache.

I love tnet but dayum. Could have warned me to close one eye

Jul 25, 2014, 2:14 PM

I vomited a smidgen.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,940
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic