Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Freshmen flash as offense shines in first practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Freshmen flash as offense shines in first practice

Aug 5, 2017, 10:40 AM

Freshmen flash as offense shines in first practice

The first day of fall camp is in the books and offensive coordinator Tony Elliott is pleased with the progress his offense made from spring practice. However, Elliott was cautious to not throw out too much praise because it’s just one day. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Freshman flash as offense shines in first practice

Aug 5, 2017, 10:46 AM

Who is Johnso? Jk

Aug 5, 2017, 10:56 AM

This offense will not be a 2014 Stoudt led offense like many fear. I don't care who the QB is. There's a more talent around the QB than what Stoudt had in 2014. The defense has the potential to be a better #1 defense than what we had in 2014. We just need that shutdown corner like we had with Alexander. I'm hoping Mullen will step up and be that guy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preach brotha ^***

Aug 5, 2017, 12:05 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot

Aug 5, 2017, 11:09 AM

the ### ball!

Think about the talent we have - think about our 5th string QB, the one that most of us (including myself) assume is going to redshirt. Chase Brice was the #10 rated pro-style QB in the country coming out of high school, where he led his team to the 7A state title. Over 90% of Clemson's history, he would have been seen as a guy that was a favorite to push for the starting job from day one, with the assumption being that he would eventually take over and be a star. While early reports are promising and the competition is wide open, the assumptions and expectations are very different today, as he starts out at the bottom of the heap, and generally is not even in the discussion when it comes to the next great QB at Clemson.

Who knows how it will all pan out, but it is an indication of the ridiculousness of our talent level in 2017.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Tigers Ready for Another?

Aug 5, 2017, 11:35 AM

Yeah, I know it's early. Who knew last year at this time we WOULD win the NC. Many believed in the Tiger Nation and not one of the "experts".

This year many put all the attention on the new QB. Yet our QB situaton is better than most teams veterans. We'll get our starter in less than a month, and even if that starter doesn't pan out as well as the coaches desire, our next up is so talented. What a tremendous reservoir of talent we have, and not just at QB. It's truly hard to fathom.

I believe if we get thru Sep, our toughest month, we will win the Div, ACC, and go to the Natty.

Yeah, I know I'm pumped up. Hard not to be. Love the Tigers.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2017, 11:57 AM

All good things to hear.

I'm pulling for KB but

Aug 5, 2017, 12:03 PM

I want to hear he's improving on his passing skills. Confidence is important to QB's but till I hear he's throwing some good passes, I can't even get too excited.

Feaster on the other hand, he is going to start early in the season. Not slighting Fuller but I just don't see him being the starter. He has the receiving threat, that's obvious but his running skills need slight improvement. I could see him doing some short yardage packages because he is hard to bring down at times.

This season can't get here soon enough.

If I didn't know better

Aug 5, 2017, 12:29 PM

I would think that Dabo knows what he is doing!

Obviously!

Aug 5, 2017, 12:33 PM

I'm just putting my 2 cents in. Just speculating. I guess people can't put opinions without this saying "Dabo knows what he is doing." Where's the fun in that? Don't make T-Net boring.

Re: Obviously!

Aug 5, 2017, 7:44 PM

I think that you took my post in the wrong way. I am not disagreeing with you but just praising our coach for making good choices.... which he dos on a regular basis

Re: I'm pulling for KB but

Aug 5, 2017, 12:30 PM [ in reply to I'm pulling for KB but ]

> I want to hear he's improving on his passing skills.
> Confidence is important to QB's but till I hear he's
> throwing some good passes, I can't even get too
> excited.
>
> Feaster on the other hand, he is going to start early
> in the season. Not slighting Fuller but I just don't
> see him being the starter. He has the receiving
> threat, that's obvious but his running skills need
> slight improvement. I could see him doing some short
> yardage packages because he is hard to bring down at
> times.
>
> This season can't get here soon enough.

What most people did not realize that on his(KB) first pass in the spring game he injured his finger and it made his passes sail. I believe that he will become accurate enough to make his runs more effective---I do believe that KB and Johnson will end up winning out on the QB spot , with Bryant being the "package" guy replacing Johnson. Although I think we are DEEP at QB, it does not matter how this year plays out---Trevor will blow them away next year. At RB, I think Feaster's added weight will be the difference--at 220 he should win that spot, with Choice backing him up--Fuller is not a starter, sorry -- he just isn't. I hope Etienne(miss spelled) gets some PT.JMO.

Re: I'm pulling for KB but

Aug 5, 2017, 12:38 PM

Yeah, I know KB hurt his pinky finger. I rewatched the spring game and was there. I'm really pulling for KB to be a good passers-by because his running ability is unmatched by any of the other QB's.

Choice, I was super hyped up about when he committed to us but has yet to really show what he's capable of due to nagging injuries. Pulling for him to bust some big plays this year as well. Etienne (you spelled it right), I'm super curious what he's like, the coaches seem to be super excited about him too.

*passer not passer-bys (autocorrect is funny on TNet)***

Aug 5, 2017, 12:39 PM

Aug 5, 2017, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm pulling for KB but ]

Aug 5, 2017, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm pulling for KB but ]

Loaded! (we really are...)

Aug 5, 2017, 4:36 PM

I know that it is pre-season, I am not sure if we are all drinking the Humility Kool-aid, or not. But, our Tigers are loaded!!! We have a ton of youth, and extreme talent! Expectations are huge, I believe duly earned. If you look at the ingredients of the cake, yes; smile and watch the 2017 Tigers- SO STOKED!!!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic