Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Former Clemson player running for Secretary of State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

New Story: Former Clemson player running for Secretary of State

Feb 9, 2018, 1:56 PM

Former Clemson player running for Secretary of State

Clemson fans will remember Nelson Faerber as one of the heroes of Clemson’s 23-21 win over South Carolina in 2007 when he blocked a punt and scored a touchdown on a reception from Cullen Harper. His friends know him as someone who was a fast-riser in the Air Force, served in Afghanistan and worked for the Judge Advocate General. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is he flipping the camera off?***

Feb 9, 2018, 2:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I think you're sitting on the coot sideline.***

Feb 9, 2018, 2:03 PM

Re: is he flipping the camera off?***

Feb 9, 2018, 2:46 PM [ in reply to is he flipping the camera off?*** ]

Could be, he's got a huge middle finger, or at least that's what she said.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2018, 11:03 PM

Just glad he’s not my proctologist

Feb 9, 2018, 11:03 PM

Moon River

WRU!!!!***

Feb 9, 2018, 2:30 PM

Re: New Story: Former Clemson player running for Secretary of State

Feb 9, 2018, 2:42 PM

Was hoping this was coming. Got my vote. Thanks for posting the website for helping and supporting him. He'd be a good leader of our state. His vision on modern technology is spot on - imo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2018, 3:34 PM

It will be a very hard task, but the good ole boy BS should be run out of our government, their system keeps our government bogged down until it's done away with, and nothing gets done without the good ole boy bonuses and kick backs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2018, 3:44 PM

Yep, been working in state gov here for 30+ yrs. What's sad is there are some really great people that work in SC Gov but have little or no voice - hence can't get anything done. I've seen a bunch come through that had fantastic ideas that would have made gov in sc so much better but they've been sidelined and/or pushed out by the good ole boy BS.

Feb 9, 2018, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Former Clemson player running for Secretary of State ]

Certainly has a very impressive resume. Running as an independent? Says he's conservative in the article. Is that like a conservative democrat or conservative Republican? I need to know, plus need a reminder when it's closer to time to vote.

Feb 9, 2018, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Former Clemson player running for Secretary of State ]

I believe he may be overqualified.

Good for him but not the best

Feb 9, 2018, 2:47 PM

timing for the fresh set of eyes quote given the post below going off the rails.

Perhaps he'll get the ball rolling for Clemson to establish

Feb 9, 2018, 2:51 PM

a law school, a vet school and a medical school on campus to serve the needs of a growing Upstate populace.

Gosh knows, they are long overdue on our campus

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Perhaps he'll get the ball rolling for Clemson to establish

Feb 9, 2018, 3:19 PM

The state already has 2 Law schools and USC has just opened its new building. As an attorney practicing in the Upstate USC who is a USC Law grad I strongly believe there is not a need for another one at Clemson

Are there some puncuation marks missing?

Feb 9, 2018, 3:31 PM

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Established lawyers and doctors always block new schools,

Feb 9, 2018, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Perhaps he'll get the ball rolling for Clemson to establish ]

the more of them, the less money per attorney or MD. I have watched MD's and lawyers fight against the "new" all over the country.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the trouble with all lawyers in South Carolina . . .

Feb 9, 2018, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Perhaps he'll get the ball rolling for Clemson to establish ]

they're all went to USUCK!

And why is that?

Feb 10, 2018, 5:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Perhaps he'll get the ball rolling for Clemson to establish ]

Inquiring minds and all?

BUT.... that would impact Football parking***

Feb 9, 2018, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Perhaps he'll get the ball rolling for Clemson to establish ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Greenville Med School (USCSOMG) is currently.....

Feb 10, 2018, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Perhaps he'll get the ball rolling for Clemson to establish ]

associated with USC but is made up primarily of CU grads and folks from outside SC.

Feb 9, 2018, 3:27 PM

I remember him, and for all the good things that was mentioned while at Clemson. And I believe he could be the slap in the face that has long been need inside South Carolina government. He has my vote bc hopefully he will have enough time in office to change many things that I believe is WRONG with our now and before, state government crooks!!! Also, if Dabo saw the good in him, that had be a special good!!! Plus, Nelson knows what it's like to have to work hard for what you can earn. Again, he has my vote!!!

Feb 9, 2018, 10:20 PM

I believe Mark Hammond who is a Clemson man is Secretary of State! He is former player Vance Hammonds brother and was a coach when I played at Clemson with Vance! He is also a righteous dude!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2018, 12:27 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Former Clemson player running for Secretary of State ]

Maybe he would best served running against Lindsey crook Graham

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Feb 10, 2018, 12:02 PM

Yes please when are we going to get a good conservative to run against little Lindsay???

Feb 9, 2018, 3:49 PM

Went to his website and .....Holy $#!+....he is advocating the blockchain....this aught to be interesting

Feb 10, 2018, 11:06 PM

"aught"?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2018, 4:44 PM

We sure need some Clemson grads in SC government

His Wife is the former Ms. SC.

Feb 9, 2018, 5:46 PM

Her maiden name was Erika Powell.

I always liked that uniform combo

Feb 9, 2018, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Former Clemson player running for Secretary of State ]

Wish we would wear this uniform for couple away games each season.

Hope not.***

Feb 10, 2018, 11:57 AM

Sounds like he was being fast-tracked for a star

Feb 10, 2018, 11:26 AM

They don't send short timers to those high level leadership schools.

Good for him coming home to help SC.

Why Secretary of State though? Seems an interesting office to start with.

I like his stance on small business and government

Feb 12, 2018, 10:06 AM

While large corporations are coming to SC and have the weight behind them to bargain and negotiate better business environments for their companies, small businesses (especially start ups) basically get treated like crap from all the different departments of government we have to work with to get up and running and handle our day to day business, with goals of survival and growth. It's almost as if those in government we have to work with have a single mission to put us in our place and make sure we do what's best for government instead of what is best for our business, our employees, and our customers. Like someone above alluded to, their are a lot of good people in government, but as they realize they are powerless to change the way things are, they either leave or find themselves trapped in their positions. The only way to move up seems to be to fall in line with the way things are.

It's the small businesses we need to grow in this state, with strong roots that remind them why they started and more likely to appreciate the employees that helped them grow to where they are. It's always easier to do the right thing when you work with your employees on a day to day basis, versus making decisions from a corporate office in another location. You almost need two different strategies in working with each type of business. I'd like to see more mayors appointing people or departments whose only function is to help increase the odds of a new business succeeding. If 1 out of every 100 of those businesses makes it big, it would be huge for our state.

I hope he gets his foot in the door, but unlike many politicians, I hope he is able to change government before government changes him. With some of the platform he is running on, he'll already have a lot of enemies in government that don't want him to succeed.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic