Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Florida Pipeline: Miami game big for recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: Florida Pipeline: Miami game big for recruiting

Oct 20, 2015, 7:01 AM

Florida Pipeline: Miami game big for recruiting

The Clemson Tigers travel to south Florida for a noon matchup against the 4-2 Miami Hurricanes Saturday, but the game will be about more than wins and losses for the Clemson coaching staff. It’s about continuing to add to the Tigers’ recruiting footprint in the region. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Florida Pipeline: Miami game big for recruiting

Oct 20, 2015, 7:02 AM

:)

Oct 20, 2015, 7:19 AM

Just lay waste to Miami. Dominate there and leave no doubt , the play makers will come.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks David...a win Saturday helps keep the pipeline open!

Oct 20, 2015, 7:20 AM

Go Tigers!!

Is it just me or is the real importance of the game...

Oct 20, 2015, 8:23 AM

the freaking national championship that we are currently in the running for? Recruiting pipelines are nice, but the whole point of recruiting is to have a chance to get to that ultimate goal. If we lose to Miami, a once-in-a-quarter-century opportunity is over.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it just me or is the real importance of the game...

Oct 20, 2015, 8:26 AM

But ideally , if we win we continue to bring in the type of talent that both robs FSU of in-staters and helps Clemson to rise to the top.
Believe in the future ....it's happening every day .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

This team is set and winning out is an achievable goal......

Oct 20, 2015, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Is it just me or is the real importance of the game... ]

for this year. The Program must think 2 - 3 years down the road so those teams will have the same opportunity for success. Can never relax or rest on what has been accomplished......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The program must think one game at a time. Recruiting is

Oct 20, 2015, 11:02 PM

a compartmentalized separate entity.

The games are the real show. Recruiting is something that we do to win games. When I don't have games to think about, then I start caring about recruiting. People act as if recruiting is a season by itself.

We are no longer a "once in a quater centry" team!

Oct 20, 2015, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Is it just me or is the real importance of the game... ]

It is our success in recruiting that has brought back the ability to make a run for the national championship.

We are at a place now where we can contend EVERY year.

We had a chance and were close last year.
We are in the drivers seat this year to make the playoffs.
And next year, almost all of our talent is returning!

Making a dramatic impact on the recruits will keep us in the hunt every year.

It's a great time to be a Tiger!

We'll see. We haven't sniffed a national championship

Oct 20, 2015, 11:03 PM

in a loooooong time. Right now it is still a quarter century opportunity. We can't count our chickens before they hatch.

We have enough talent to compete very well with anybody

Oct 21, 2015, 8:06 PM

That might be in the playoffs but the real hard part is taking everybody's best shot and being focused in Hollywood/Miami in front of 15,000 lack luster fans at 12 noon in the heat and humidity. I love this team because every shoot we have had fired at us or when we have gifted points they have responded like champions.

It's rare in Clemson to be able to respond that way with young players but we recruited young men who love to stand together and compete No matter their experience. It's a special time to be a Tiger.

If we lose a game it will be because we were outplayed. That's when you know the building blocks are in place. Dabo and crew are putting us in a place to be consistent year in and year out with the big boys of college football. If we pull it off this year we have a shot to get another the next 3-4 years. Odds are against us but we have the talent. Why not us?
We have the best facilities and fans in all of football and that's not up for debate!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

You have to watch the shoots! Shoots will Fire at you.

Oct 21, 2015, 8:12 PM

Oh shoot, we are going to take every bodies best SHOT!

Haha watch out for the shoots, shoot our football coach walked off but he didn't retire.( I heard that today from a chicken) It was chicken shoot.

Go tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Go ask SCAR if recruiting should have been important during

Oct 20, 2015, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Is it just me or is the real importance of the game... ]

their glory years.

Why can't both be important?

Oct 20, 2015, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Is it just me or is the real importance of the game... ]

They're not mutually exclusive...

Because one is only important because of the other?

Oct 20, 2015, 10:59 PM

All this crazy attention paid to recruiting these days is convincing people that recruiting championships are like winning an NIT or something. It's not a separate thing to be proud of... it's only a means to the real important end. Winning football games.

We are currently in the running for a national championship. With that on the line, why on Earth would I even think about what a game means for recruiting? Recruiting only matters because we can win championships with it. If we were out of the running for a championship, then I would be thinking about what a game means for recruiting.

Thanks for a common sense answer. One is not exclusive of

Oct 21, 2015, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Why can't both be important? ]

the other.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are 100% correct...

Oct 20, 2015, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Is it just me or is the real importance of the game... ]

a national championship is the ultimate golden ticket for recruiting and is rare that we find ourselves this close to one halfway through the season. Recruiting is important for the future, but a national championship does way more for recruiting than any single trip to Florida. It would be like a struggling golf pro finding himself with the lead in a major entering the final round and losing focus on his game to take advantage of sponsorship opportunities for his tv coverage that round, where winning the tournament would bring all the sponsors he could imagine knocking on his door.

You look at any recruiting class the year after a national championship and it is always top 3, as many recruits that only plan to play college for 3 years want immediate success and national exposure.

I get what you are saying and luckily there are members of the coaching staff that can put attention towards recruiting without letting it distract the players from what is most important this season.

Oct 20, 2015, 8:24 AM

Totally .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Flordia is the bread & butter of our WR

Oct 20, 2015, 8:43 AM

If we go down there & take care of business like we all know we can then they will follow, WR want to go to a school that they know is a place they can shine & Clemson is that place. Its close enough to home to make a trip back if need be but far enough away that they arent in their backyard

Re: Flordia is the bread & butter of our WR

Oct 20, 2015, 9:16 AM

florida is very important and always will be but we are getting guys from all over these days. 2 of our nfl guys are from sc. we will recruit the best no matter where they live. florida will always be loaded with future tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Overton and Powell are from NC-

Oct 20, 2015, 12:25 PM

Renfrow and Williams from South Carolina

Thompson from North Carolina

How about we go to Miami and win on National TV and let the rest take care of itself. Miami Florida is a business trip! Take care of business

Re: Overton and Powell are from NC-

Oct 20, 2015, 12:41 PM

N Clemson will handle business I think the Clemson defense will be the difference in this game dnt get me wrong D.W In company will put points up but the Clemson defense is doing nothing but getting better each week they will dominate this game frm beginning to end Go Tigers??

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic