Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: EPT Showcase: Zacch Pickens shines, and we have the latest on Stephon Wynn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

New Story: EPT Showcase: Zacch Pickens shines, and we have the latest on Stephon Wynn

May 21, 2017, 6:30 PM

EPT Showcase: Zacch Pickens shines, and we have the latest on Stephon Wynn

Several of the state’s top prospects convened at Ridgeview High School Sunday as part of the 2017 EPT Football Skills Showcase, including 2019 defensive end prospect Zacch Pickens.

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: EPT Showcase: Zacch Pickens shines, and we have the latest on Stephon Wynn

May 21, 2017, 6:58 PM

Well I wonder if that means if hobby would have stayed we would have landed Wynn? From all the talk it was his prob not wanting to play DT but stated here that it didn't matter to him it's relationship with bates that stopped the recruitment. Wonder what happen 2 sides to every story and can't expect bates to click with everyone hobby and brooks did. But landing Henry will def help bc I really wanted Wynn for awhile now being local and all but don't always work out that way. Go Tigers!!

Re: New Story: EPT Showcase: Zacch Pickens shines, and we have the latest on Stephon Wynn

May 21, 2017, 7:03 PM

Yeah that statement certainly doesn't match what we've heard in the past. From all you hear Bates is a great guy. Maybe it's more a matter of Bates not being in contact with him much.

May 21, 2017, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: EPT Showcase: Zacch Pickens shines, and we have the latest on Stephon Wynn ]

Yeah if you are going to talk the talk you have to walk the walk and I saw many Hanna games last year and Wynn didn't do a lot of walking but some of it may have been coaching the coach left and so did Wynn. Kid may turn out to be great just not a lot of scholarships have to be picky maybe Coach Bates doesn't see the walk either

May 21, 2017, 7:16 PM

Maybe there is another guy in the mix for Clemson that's a silent verbal?? Or maybe it's simply that You're not going to click with every player as a coach. You want the right chemistry between player and coach for the train to get down the track and build up to full speed.

May 21, 2017, 7:19 PM

Clemson didn't click with Jay Rome. Georgia didn't click with Milan Richards. Weird 'stuff' happens on the way to growing up! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weird stuff does happen, agreed. And for those reasons,

May 21, 2017, 9:02 PM

I wish articles like this were never published, as not all kids will read it that way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Weird stuff does happen, agreed. And for those reasons,

May 22, 2017, 11:20 AM

All I said was this is not the story we been hearing and also stated can't expect bates to connect with every player hobby and them did and also said things don't always work out the way you want. Do ppl just not read the whole thing or did you just read first 2 sentences then comment? Idk if your talkin about me but I clearly stated bates WILL NOT click with every player hobby did they are two different ppl.

If Clemson were still after him, he'd be hearing from them

May 21, 2017, 9:10 PM

Reading that, one would think that Bates is the one that said he should play DT.

I don't think it's a big mystery with Wynn: he slow-played

May 21, 2017, 9:59 PM

it and we filled up at DE. The fact that we've "cooled" on him makes me think the coaches feel pretty good about Henry.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think it's a big mystery with Wynn: he slow-played

May 21, 2017, 11:16 PM

Bingo! Wynn slow played Clemson and unfortunately for him the gamble didn't work. I've seen him play many times, and he's not the kind of player that Clemson is gonna wait on. Reminds me very much of Jamyest Williams last year.

May 22, 2017, 12:06 PM

Zacch Pickens is the one to target. I hate to think FSU could come in our back yard and steal a player of his caliper. We need to convince him he's in line with all the NFL first round talent coming through Coach Venables' defense.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic