Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Defensive tackle trio leading the way for line
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

New Story: Defensive tackle trio leading the way for line

Jul 24, 2016, 7:01 AM

Defensive tackle trio leading the way for line

Brent Venables and the Clemson defensive coaching staff have dealt with plenty of turnover on their roster the past few seasons. That has been especially evident on the defensive line. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whats with the orange "C" usually used by baseball

Jul 24, 2016, 8:09 AM

Now being seen on coaches hats(Tony Elliot was wearing one at media day golf outing)players workout shirts(like Pagano is wearing) and such? I'm not against it, it's beautiful, it just appears to be supplanting the Paw. Anyone else notice?

it's OK, Clemson starts with a "C" and orange is our color.***

Jul 24, 2016, 8:17 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whats with the orange "C" usually used by baseball

Jul 24, 2016, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Whats with the orange "C" usually used by baseball ]

TU for use of supplanting. I'd give you another if you knew what it meant. JK ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of "law and order", Watkins, Pagano, Wilkins AND

Jul 24, 2016, 8:33 AM

Lawrence just might bring to the Field this August!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

look for Dexter Lawrence to contribute

Jul 24, 2016, 8:43 AM

Early and often. Freak athlete that is intelligent. I think he'll be a leader by this point next year. I think this line is going to be tough to contend with. I think Bryant will come out and have a great season too. Do hope our backs have a quick progression. Will be asked to do a lot but with Tankersley as the anchor and the fact that some of these kids are freak athletes as well, hoping they start off a step ahead of where we think. Still think we have a chance of being top 10 D by the end of the year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Regardless of what alot of ppl think

Jul 24, 2016, 8:55 AM

The weakness of the defense, AT LEAST EARLY on....
appears to the the secondary.....and yes Special teams/KO/KO coverage etc..

not trying to be a smart ### but I thiught

Jul 24, 2016, 9:38 AM

Everyone thought that? Are their people who don't? Our defensive line is and will be stout. De maybe a touch of a question but Bryant got some big time playing time last year that you can't teach in practice which did two things. One is experience obviously but one is game tape to review which is huge. But I thought everyone realized it's our backs that were the ? I do hope we don't get a key injury during fall camp or auburn Bc that could change things.

Re: Regardless of what alot of ppl think

Jul 24, 2016, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Regardless of what alot of ppl think ]

I just don't think the weakness will be the secondary. The "weakest" unit may be the secondary, but just like all areas of the D we have a great mix of veteran experience and youth that can contribute. The front 7 will definitely help their case. Baker will be back very soon and Tankersly, Carter, Fields, Smith and Johnson round out a very solid experienced secondary. Then throw in guys like Edmond, Wallace, Simmons, Mullen, Johnson and Muse, and we are in pretty good shape I believe. We definitely have a top 10 unit.

Re: New Story: Defensive tackle trio leading the way for line

Jul 24, 2016, 9:33 AM

A C is a C is a C! A Clemson C, in any style, is sweet!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Defensive tackle trio leading the way for line

Jul 24, 2016, 12:05 PM

Maybe it's just me, or the photo, but Carlos Is looking mighty large. If he's bigger, and that motor is fine tuned, he will be a major force of disruption.

Could Dexter Lawrence be a slightly smaller but quicker and

Jul 24, 2016, 12:57 PM

more athletic version of Terrence Cody?

Re: Could Dexter Lawrence be a slightly smaller but quicker and

Jul 24, 2016, 3:24 PM

I'm hoping he's a more motivated version of McGlockton. When that guy wanted to he could really dominate a game.

Re: Could Dexter Lawrence be a slightly smaller but quicker and

Jul 24, 2016, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Could Dexter Lawrence be a slightly smaller but quicker and ]

This guy has tightend speed at 300+ pound. If an O-lineman misses a block or blows an assignment, D. Lawrence will suck the life out of the lungs of a free standing QB or a unprepared Rb. Definitely will suck up additional O-linemen to try an keep him out of the backfield before the plays develop.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic