Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Dabo's senior yearbook: dysfunction, yelling, fakes and inspiration
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: Dabo's senior yearbook: dysfunction, yelling, fakes and inspiration

Nov 11, 2016, 8:01 AM

Dabo's senior yearbook: dysfunction, yelling, fakes and inspiration

Senior Day is a time to celebrate the careers of the players who have put in the necessary time and work to be honored at the end of the season, and each one brings its own special memories. Dabo Swinney tells TigerNet what makes some of his seniors so special. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dear Recruits

Nov 11, 2016, 9:25 AM

If you want a hard nosed great coach that only cares about the Ws, go to Alabama. If you want a fun lovIng, great coach who cares about his players off the field and turns boys into men, come to Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is a unique coach,

Nov 11, 2016, 9:39 AM

he cares about his players, their families and the community. How many other coaches can you say that about?

Re: Dabo is a unique coach,

Nov 11, 2016, 11:10 AM

Yes he is...he is a very special Coach and a very special man. I just can't put into words the respect and admiration I have for Coach Dabo and I have never even personally met the man.....but that is one item on my "bucket list"....to meet and maybe have a conversation with him one day. To all the Senoirs...I give you a "Big Thanks" for your contributions and forever being a part of the Clemson Family....??????????...

Re: Dabo is a unique coach,

Nov 11, 2016, 2:48 PM

What makes what Dabo does so good and so important for his team is, he takes the ones that he feels are upsetting what he is doing that bring a team together as a complete team, and he roots them out after he gives them a chance and they abuse that chance. A rotten kid on a team can ruin the team, and Dabo heads that type of behavior off and rids the team of that player regardless of how talented they are. But he never gives them up until after he has gave them a fair chance to turn around the distractions they were causing that could hurt his team as a whole. When he takes away a kids scholarship and dismisses them from the team, rest assured that Dabo felt that they had a serious problem with his authority, and they had left him with no other choice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Dabo's senior yearbook: dysfunction, yelling, fakes and inspiration

Nov 11, 2016, 9:53 AM

Cherish what we have Tiger fans. Dabo is a one of a kind coach. Glad he stuck around at Clemson as the ole WR Coach even after his alma mater came calling. Every time I read stories like this it makes me proud to be a Tiger. Just the compassion and care he has for every player on this team and to see them grow into a great man and not just a great player is truly special.

^^^^^^^ One of the best reads of the year ^^^^^^^^^

Nov 11, 2016, 11:56 AM

Awesome insight into the lives of some of these guys.

We all forget they are young kids with struggles and pressures from every which way.

If Dabo ever wrote a book on his Clemson experience, would easily be a best seller.

Lucky to have him in Orange.

Proud to be a Tiger

Nov 11, 2016, 12:34 PM

I've been so proud of Dabo this week. He got a tiny, little bit of flack for coming out and recognizing his graduating juniors as seniors. And a whole lot more respect for telling it like it is and treating his men, as men.

This kind of stuff just shows the bond he has with his players.

Clemson family...it's real.....recruits pay attention. You can go lots of places and be a great player. Come to Clemson to be a great player....and a better person....and part of something greater.

Media is just dying to get something on Dabo, to prove he's a fake. There's no faking Dabo.

Re: Proud to be a Tiger

Nov 11, 2016, 3:09 PM

You can't prove a man to be fake when what he does day in and day out everyday of his life the very same everyday. You can't take from a person who they truly are on a daily basis and expel them as fake. To people with a brain that can see clearly what's in their view and convince them what they see isn't what they clearly can see. Those people know exactly who and what Dabo Swinney is, and to them he is what they have seen of over the years since becoming in the public eye as Clemson's Head Coach, and you can't convince them that he is anything else, more or less!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Proud to be a Tiger

Nov 11, 2016, 6:09 PM

The most outstanding Coach CLEMSON has ever had. It's not about winning every game, it's about making these players the best they can be! Luv you, Dabo, and all you do for these players and this University!! GO TIGERS!!!

wouldn't trade dabo for any coach that ever lived

Nov 11, 2016, 1:02 PM

i got a serious mancrush on the dude.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

"Jadar is fixing to be a graduate..."

Nov 11, 2016, 1:11 PM

Dabo, my homeboy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Alabama comes out on occasion when Dabo speaks!

Nov 12, 2016, 1:52 PM

Gotta love it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: The Alabama comes out on occasion when Dabo speaks!

Nov 12, 2016, 8:22 PM

Sad this night ended in a loss. These guys deserve better. They fought hard all year. I know we've made our fair share of mistakes, but refs made the difference in these seniors leaving with a 14 point win vs a loss.

Sorry guys - Signed Swofford and the ACC's inept officiating crews.

Re: New Story: Dabo's senior yearbook: dysfunction, yelling, fakes and inspiration

Nov 11, 2016, 6:08 PM

I was lucky enough to meet Dabo and Brent V at Rick Erwin's in downtown Greenville one night a few years ago. He is truly one of those what you see is what you get kind of people. We all had a chat waiting on the valets and he just struck me has a down to earth, compassionate, and grateful person. I walked away just beaming at the direction our program was going in and could not be more proud of Clemson.

If you can tell this about him in 10 minutes, I can only imagine being under his leadership for 3/4/5 years. He was even kind enough to sign my hat that CJ spilled signed, strangely enough, met CJ at Rick Erwin's as well. Anyways, went on a bit of a tangent but we are lucky Dabo is our coach and hope he is here as long as he wants to be!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic