Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson vs. Boston College prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson vs. Boston College prediction

Oct 17, 2014, 1:58 PM

Clemson vs. Boston College prediction

Saturday's matchup features two of the nation's top ten defenses, and it's Homecoming in Chestnut Hill. Which team's defense will step up and rise to the occasion? Will running the football make the differecne? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd go with 24-19, Clemson.***

Oct 17, 2014, 2:09 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look for Tiger***

Oct 17, 2014, 2:25 PM

DB's to have a field day against a 'less than average' passing offense. At least three picks to help with the 31 - 17 beat down. BC can be good at times but right now I think that Coach V's guys are at the top of their game.

Re: New Story: Clemson vs. Boston College prediction

Oct 17, 2014, 2:29 PM

Only way we score 27 points is if our defense scores a TD and also creates a TO deep in BC territory that sets up a FG for Chad Morris’ 3 & Out offense.

^^^football genius^^^***

Oct 17, 2014, 2:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Oct 17, 2014, 2:33 PM

I think our D can contain the run which will force them to pass and we come up with at least 1 or more interceptions. Cole Stoudt leading our O is a different story, our Oline needs to step up and give him some time to get rid of the ball.
24-7 *Clemson*

Oct 17, 2014, 8:51 PM

What makes you think our OL will suddenly become worth a ####? I
think this is at best a toss up, with BC probably winning. Cole isn't
going to suddenly turn into a top-notch QB, especially with an inferior OL.
Hope I'm wrong.

Clemson will win 63-17***

Oct 17, 2014, 2:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

If our defense gives up 17 to a team that can't pass...

Oct 17, 2014, 3:40 PM

Venables will bust a gut. Our guys will take them scheduling us a homecoming game as the insult that dwarfs the Carrier Dome thing last week.

Clemson D scores 12 and our offense will add another 21 to that with the kicker putting three between the pipes for a total of, ###, where's my sliderule?

Boston 13 from 2 fieldgoals and a defensive TD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If our defense gives up 17 to a team that can't pass...

Oct 17, 2014, 8:57 PM

So last week was a blowout??? We were fortunate to win. Our offense is terrible.

Re: Clemson will win 63-17***

Oct 17, 2014, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Clemson will win 63-17*** ]

We couldn't possibly beat any decent team that badly...oh wait...

Re: Clemson will win 63-17***

Oct 17, 2014, 8:58 PM

We'll be fortunate to win by 3.

27-13 Tigers.... one of our TDs is a pick six***

Oct 17, 2014, 4:13 PM

GO TIGERS

I hope our offense can get a 14 to 17 point lead so BC will

Oct 17, 2014, 4:20 PM

have to throw. If they continue to run, we have scored enough points. Dang I'm smart! :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way BC scores 21.

Oct 17, 2014, 4:42 PM

32-9 Tigers

Re: No way BC scores 21.

Oct 17, 2014, 4:48 PM

I have to say I agree with you guys Clemson will win this one but I also believe it will be a brutally tough game on both sides and close. There are two top ten defenses battling and two offenses capable of scoring a lot of points. There is no way this is a blowout Clemson will win by 10 on a late touchdown to put the game away.

The important part of these predictions

Oct 17, 2014, 5:14 PM

is
Nikki 2
David 1

:)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tired of the excuses being made for last week's poor offense

Oct 17, 2014, 5:22 PM

So our offense was bad last week because the game plan was built around Watson's ability to run and not Stoudt?!? Since when is the entire game plan written in stone? Part of Morris's job is to adjust based on what is going on. Cole Stoudt is a senior, and he knows the offense inside and out according to pretty much everyone here. I would think (hope?) that the rest of the players on offense know it well enough to run plays which have been practiced as well as used in other games, for those times when the game plan Morris has devised needs to be altered.

To say that the offense wasn't successful because the game plan didn't account for Watson's injury suggests that the plan can't be adjusted. And if an offensive coordinator making $1 million plus a year can't make adjustments, with a senior quarterback who knows what's going on, then he isn't worth half of his salary.

This pathetic excuse really annoys me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Tired of the excuses being made for last week's poor offense

Oct 17, 2014, 9:07 PM

I think you are absolutely right. Excuses, excuses. He still believes that we
have a decent OL, and that Cole is a top-notch QB. And we are paying this guy a Mil.
Plus??

If Pitt & CoSt won @BC with 30 & 24 pts, CU wins w/ 31+ pts.

Oct 17, 2014, 5:42 PM

Clemson is better than Pitt & CoSt.

BC beat USC through a creative running game where 37% of BC’s rushes and 60% of yards came from zone read, and 75% of yards came outside the tackles— which is scary if you’re still having nightmares about Gurley/Chubb getting to the edge. But if you watched the USC@BC game, you know that USC’s scholarship sanctions & lack of depth enabled BC to wear down USC with the running game. (Great game plan.) You could see USC’s D wearing down by the end of the 2nd quarter. By the 3rd quarter USC’s D was gassed and by the 4th quarter they were pudding. Our run-D is stronger than USC’s. We don’t have that lack of depth. And Venables has surely prepped the D based on the USC@BC film.

Our DL will hold BC on the interior runs and our DBs will be fine on islands, letting BV load up to stop the run, QB-runs, and the perimeter runs. Murphy will get some running yards but it will be far below his average and he'll pay the price.

This might be the first time I ever agreed with Raz

Oct 17, 2014, 6:26 PM

Spot on. -+1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Yikes! Either yer getting smarter or I need to rethink! :-)***

Oct 17, 2014, 7:50 PM

Re: If Pitt & CoSt won @BC with 30 & 24 pts, CU wins w/ 31+ pts.

Oct 17, 2014, 9:09 PM [ in reply to If Pitt & CoSt won @BC with 30 & 24 pts, CU wins w/ 31+ pts. ]

I'm afraid we may pay the price.

Oct 17, 2014, 5:54 PM

Clemson 42 - BC 10.

Oct 17, 2014, 9:10 PM

Good luck with that.

4-2... CU

Oct 17, 2014, 9:57 PM

We pull it out with a last minute safety. Our defense totally dominates but our offense is so inept that we will resort to punting on 1st down to gain field position, hoping for a turnover in order to score. We pin then inside the 1 late, get a safety and win the game.

Re: 4-2... CU

Oct 18, 2014, 11:34 AM

I love it!!!

I was at Durham 49 years back for the 3-2 win ... it's fun to win one like that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

27 points eh?

Oct 17, 2014, 8:25 PM

21 from the defense?

lol

Stout will have a breakout performance

Oct 18, 2014, 5:55 AM

I think he will be more comfortable on the road and I think the opening game jitters (i.e., UGA game) are way behind this team. Tigers put up big passing yards and after a slow first quarter, go on to roll over the altar boys from boston.

Oct 18, 2014, 6:09 AM

This game is probably a Tiger Victory if 2.things happen. The defense has to play at 110% the whole game and not get gassed. Beasley and LB'S need to blitz and get in the backfield to disrupt their timing and.force.them to pass. If that happens, our DB'S and Safeties will have a field day. The other is for the O Line to play hard and.get the running game established early. Cole needs.to be smart with his throws and special teams will seal the win. Clemson 31 BC 13.

I say 30-20 Tigers

Oct 18, 2014, 11:28 AM

Uncomfortable game until Choice gets a late TD to seal it. A 10-point win, but tight.

Oct 18, 2014, 11:30 AM

Clemson wins 10-7

Explanation: BC has the nation's 5th best rushing team and Clemson's rushing defense is stellar. Clemson WILL HOLD BC's RUSHING OFFENSE DOWN ... to less than their average anyway. BC's pass offense is capable, but when relied upon after the run is stuffed the Clemson backs will tip/intercept enough.

Clemson's offense in general will not "Come around" yet, mostly due to the BC defense being so good.

So I see a low scoring game and my orange tinted glasses say Clemson wins.

Clemson vs. Boston College prediction

Oct 18, 2014, 1:54 PM

CLEMSON 24 and BC 17

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way.
Sine Pari- The tip of the spear.
Cofounder / USASOC Black Daggers 2001

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic