Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson softball stadium site chosen, will parking be affected?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson softball stadium site chosen, will parking be affected?

Jan 25, 2018, 7:01 AM

Clemson softball stadium site chosen, will parking be affected?

The site for Clemson softball’s new home has been determined, and the process of building the stadium will begin after the 2018 football season, likely in December of 2018 or early 2019. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson softball stadium site chosen, will parking be affected?

Jan 25, 2018, 7:36 AM

As an Alumni and IPTAY member for 20 years this has become a huge business enterprise. They are starting to price out the everyday fans who truly support their team and university. I'm concerned that the environment of Death Valley will change from good old fans to corporate/luxury cheerleaders as the prices continue to rise. You can see Clemson is trying to push the premium seating as more of a revenue stream. I suspect they will again change seat equity next year.

At some point it will be too expensive to go to games and the game day environment will be like an NFL game. Yes, people are glad to have my seats once I give them up but most likely those who fill them up will be a different fan base who is not from SC or as passionate about Clemson. Times are changing, just trying to enjoy it while we can. Go Tigers.

Judging from fan participation in tdn...

Jan 25, 2018, 7:44 AM

I don't think any one will see a difference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 25, 2018, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson softball stadium site chosen, will parking be affected? ]

This is the way of the world, and the way the world will continually move economically, the poor has and will always pay for the rich to have their luxuries even when it prices the poor completely out. There has been a saying through the ages' that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. That wasn't only a saying just to be said, it was an absolute fact, it just takes some longer to accept it as fact!!!

I will be a fan to Clemson and Clemson sports until the day life leaves my body and that is bc Clemson FB was the first team I become a sports fan to when I was 10 in 1962. Over the 56 years of being a fan of Clemson FB has turned into loving everything about Clemson. I love everything about Clemson University to the point that over the years that I feel a part of Clemson and I've never been inside a class room at Clemson. I guess that is bc I have been on Clemson campus so much during my 56 years that I got attached, and I guess it's bc some of my life time memories become some of my favorite memories of my life were being at Clemson having some of best times of my life tailgating and just having a great time with the fans of our Dear Ole Clemson.

Over my 56 years, I have spent a ton of money buying Clemson gear, going to games and tailgating. My cloths closet right now is stuffed with mostly Clemson orange, and some purple and white T's, sweat shirts and hoodies. I wear mostly orange every day of my life, and that is what everybody I know expects to see me in. But, after we won the ACC championship, my wife went to the Clemson online store and pulled up all the 2017 ACC championship clothing, and when I was done looking, I closed out of the site and I told her no more. I said I had enough in my closet to last the rest of my life, and that I had lost interest in making the rich richer with how grossly over priced the Clemson clothing has become. I still love Clemson as much and more as I ever have, but I'm over paying more more more just bc I love Clemson!!! The business end of college athletics has priced out the long time loyal customers that live on a fixed income like myself. Just saying GOOOOOO TIGERSSSSS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Judging by this article, DHood...

Jan 25, 2018, 8:34 AM

didn't use any of our questions....smh

null

How you ever got this close to ROH status...

Jan 25, 2018, 8:35 AM

is beyond me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

And that was after a looong layoff. Don't hate me...

Jan 25, 2018, 8:37 AM

'cause you ain't me

null

Are you trying to "price him out" of ROH status?

Jan 25, 2018, 8:50 AM [ in reply to How you ever got this close to ROH status... ]

You sound bitter. Are you bitter?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

She's always been this way...***

Jan 25, 2018, 8:51 AM

null

Jan 25, 2018, 9:17 AM

“But we are continuing to see what we can do to make Death Valley a great place to watch football. ”
Don’t quite know what to say about that. Wasn’t DV just voted the best college football stadium in one poll? There needs to be little or no change to the stadium itself right now. And tailgating is a huge part of the total experience so the parking areas need to retain the space needed for fans to enjoy themselves before and after games. I have friends from Louisville that have been coming to the games at DV since Louisville joined the conference and they love the whole experience (except the traffic leaving after the game). They plan to attend every time Louisville plays here. The goal needs to be to add additional facilities like the softball field as needed while trying to keep what we have as much as possible. And IMO grass lots are sooo much better for tailgating than asphalt lots.

Message removed by Author

Jan 25, 2018, 9:30 AM

Message removed by Author

Re: No to Softball! That property is too valuable

Jan 25, 2018, 10:04 AM

This all started when they changed priority from years of giving to amount given. I felt at the time that, although they were right from a financial standpoint, it was a fundamental change that would eventually destroy the Clemson family.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No to Softball! That property is too valuable

Jan 25, 2018, 10:17 AM

Some of you guys are blowing things way out of proportion. If a policy update that means some people don't get their fancy parking spot destroys the Clemson family then it must not have been that great of a family to begin with.

FWIW, we park in the Brooks Center lot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You guys mean right field fence... right?

Jan 25, 2018, 10:23 AM

How could it be behind the left field wall? That would choke off access to the massive grass lot and to the football operations complex?

Am I in the twilight zone?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You guys mean right field fence... right?

Jan 25, 2018, 10:31 AM

I think they really mean beyond the left center wall not really left field. Directly out from left field is a paved parking lot, but when that turns to grass seems to be where it'll be.

It'll definitely remove some parking, but a softball field is considerably less square footage than a baseball field, so the road beside the moat shouldn't be impacted.

No skin off my back

Jan 25, 2018, 10:28 AM

When Lot 13 was removed and IPTAY shifted hundreds of fans to BF Egypt (aka NewSpring Lot), the Jervey Meadows/Lot 14 crowd didn't blink an eye even though hundreds of Lot 13 tailgaters parked there to tailgate at the RVs and Lot 14. My opinion - good riddance, bring on softball!

Why not save 2 birds with one stone

Jan 25, 2018, 10:35 AM

And build new softball field on the top tier of a parking garage. That would definitely be a unique setup and give everyone what they want.

Re: Why not save 2 birds with one stone

Jan 25, 2018, 11:15 AM

4 or 5 tier parking decks could be an answer for parking if they made the parks bigger for tailgating. As we all know tho, the parks would barely have room for the mid size SUV's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people do just park and might like a convienent

Jan 25, 2018, 11:23 AM

alternative to BFE. But I don't know where you would put one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Re: Some people do just park and might like a convienent

Jan 25, 2018, 11:58 AM

Change a parking lot in to a parking deck...done. Possibly the M1-M2 Employee parking beside Jervey, or part of one of the big ones not in front of the stadium (6, 10, & 7). Technically lots 1 & 2 could also potentially be a site to change at least part of to a parking deck.

Re: Why not save 2 birds with one stone

Jan 25, 2018, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Why not save 2 birds with one stone ]

Parking decks of four to six decks would help solve some of the parking problems but just imagine the long wait trying to leave the decks after a game, particularly a night game. Plus, after leaving the decks, there would be other long waits feeding into the traffic routes. A successful football program has brought a lot of joy to the fans but it certainly has raised havoc with parking.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100% correct, it's hell to leave work out of a parking

Jan 25, 2018, 2:02 PM

garage in Greenville, much less one that is slap full with fans. You'd have to establish multiple exit points from the garage but even then, as you mentioned, you're feeding into other traffic routes.

Jan 25, 2018, 12:04 PM

Oh yes, perfect! More seating expansion for boxes and premium seats that nobody can afford. Get right on that. That should be our top priority!

Jan 25, 2018, 12:20 PM

New Orange and Champion level parking will be at Haywood and Anderson malls. Will be able to shop at Belk for Clemson gear before catching a free shuttle to the game. Unfortunately there are no return trips.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

TIME TO BUILD THE 5-7 LEVEL PARKING GARAGE in Lot10

Jan 25, 2018, 1:09 PM

TIME TO BUILD THE 5-7 LEVEL PARKING GARAGE FINALLY, in order to replace lot 10 parking and severely multiply and expand parking accommodations!!!!
That would be more than enough parking for ALL football parking lots and students. It would be large enough to encompass the space offered by the other lots used now, and all visitors and gameday fans with normal sized cars could fit within it if necessary!

Just look at it's size compared to other lots on Google earth.

Nothing would be lost aesthetically either since we all know that lot is donned "the pit" and is nothing but a big lot down in a hole.

What about adding lacrosse as a varsity mens sport? You must have asked that DHS.***

Jan 25, 2018, 1:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic