Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Can Clemson make the 4-team playoff? Dabo Swinney weighs in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

New Story: Can Clemson make the 4-team playoff? Dabo Swinney weighs in

Jul 21, 2014, 4:16 PM

Can Clemson make the 4-team playoff? Dabo Swinney weighs in

The four team college football playoff becomes a reality this season, taking the place of the BCS system that run from 1998 until last season. What will it take for the Tigers to make the playoff? What does he say about Clemson's schedule? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not only can we make it, but we can win it!

Jul 21, 2014, 4:19 PM

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Everyone on here sounds like LBB now.

Jul 21, 2014, 4:39 PM

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and that is a real good thing!***

Jul 21, 2014, 7:19 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo must have drawn the short straw

Jul 21, 2014, 4:53 PM

to have to sit next to Paul Johnston.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Thought you meant Petrino.***

Jul 21, 2014, 4:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seating is split left/right - Atlantic/Coastal . then each

Jul 21, 2014, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Dabo must have drawn the short straw ]

side is alphabetical by school starting back to front, back to front, etc. inside to out

Re: seating is split left/right - Atlantic/Coastal . then each

Jul 21, 2014, 5:50 PM

I think we can lose to either FSU and Georgia and still make the playoff. That would put us at 2-1 for the three biggest games on our schedule along with either a 11- or 9-game winning streak. That will put us in the Top 4 I think.

Even if we go 11-0, I think we would still need to beat SCar unless they are also undefeated and the game is a nail-biter. I think the chances of that happening are extremely slim.

I also think we'd have a really hard time getting in at 10-2 with losses to Georgia and FSU. SCar would have to be undefeated I think.

Should be fun.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would hope that only one team per conference would play

Jul 21, 2014, 4:56 PM

in the NC 4 team playoff. If you are not the best team in your conference, how can you possibly be the best team in the nation?!?!?!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would hope that only one team per conference would play

Jul 21, 2014, 4:57 PM

ask Bama that question

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jul 21, 2014, 7:47 PM [ in reply to I would hope that only one team per conference would play ]

That's solid logic but there's a hole: a conf schedule or conference tournament doesn't prove a team is better than another.

For example, Alabama last season, was probably the best or second best team in the country. They lost to Auburn on the road on a fluke (but amazing) play.

I would hate for Clemson to get left out in a year where they are truly one of the best four teams but lose to FSU on the road.

Then Bama got stomped by Oklahoma... I know, they didn't

Jul 21, 2014, 11:22 PM

really want to be there... Riiiightttt. Take that SEC carp somewhere else... ESPIN does it enough without having to entertain it on TNet....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Then Bama got stomped by Oklahoma... I know, they didn't

Jul 21, 2014, 11:57 PM

So logical thinking is synonymous with SEC crap now? Or carp?

I just use Alabama as an example because its recent and applicable. The top heavy SEC of the last half decade could potentially be very similar to what shapes up in the ACC with Clemson and FSU.

Your ACC inferiority complex shines bright. You don't have to have one you know? You can love Clemson and still be a rational fan with an objective view on the rest of college football.

I love Clemson but don't let it get in the way of my good sense.

Everything is relative. The SEC just got introduced to some

Jul 22, 2014, 12:03 AM

offenses with a pulse. TAMU and MIZZ come in as mid tier and start kicking most of the SEC around... That 'dominate SEC defenses' carp was because most of the time they were facing inferior SEC offenses. Most of the conference riding the coattails of a few... This year should expose it even more.

Message was edited by: SOLOS®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If our 'reason,' is better than the final score of a game...

Jul 22, 2014, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: I would hope that only one team per conference would play ]

why do we spend all the money on uniforms?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our hopes and dreams don't matter.

Jul 22, 2014, 8:53 AM [ in reply to I would hope that only one team per conference would play ]

Conference champions get special considerations. The only surefire way to be seeded is to go undefeated and win a conference championship game.

An ACC team with one loss won't make it and rightly so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2014, 11:44 AM [ in reply to I would hope that only one team per conference would play ]

So you're saying a 1 loss Clemson team or 1 loss fsu team isn't better than some of these other mouth breathers winning conference titles with 2 losses?

Wouldn't Sit So Close To Petrino, Dabo ----

Jul 21, 2014, 5:02 PM

Wouldn't want that crookedness to rub off on you and
contaminate your respectable way of life. Yuck!!

Re: New Story: Can Clemson make the 4-team playoff? Dabo Swinney weighs in

Jul 21, 2014, 6:06 PM

I honestly think Clemson has to go 12-0 in the regular season,and win the ACCCG to get into the 4 team playoff.
If they were to lose a game,it can't be the Gamecocks.A loss that late in the season will knock them out.They could lose to FSU,providing FSU loses two games,or they could lose to UGA,and run the table.
Three loses,especially to the powerhouses mentioned above,and you can plain forget it.

Jul 21, 2014, 6:18 PM

I don't agree with that at all. We can absolutely lose to UGA and we'll likely get in. We could lose that game by two touchdowns. If we rattle off 12 in a row after that, including FSU, SCar, and the ACCCG... We're in, you can bank on it. I would say the same for FSU, in fact, especially if they go undefeated and we keep it close.

Jul 21, 2014, 7:27 PM

12 and 0 ---- gets us, a seat at the table*** anything less,is just like before**** they take the teams with the past glory / history !!!!! ---- just look at the pre-season picks ____ same as always !!!!

Our Big "D" will

Jul 21, 2014, 11:11 PM

keep us in every game and give the "O" a chance to win it. It all comes down to how bad our guys want it. Every game will be ours to lose. Go Tigers!

Stay in the top 10 on O and become top 10 on D... Clemson

Jul 21, 2014, 11:24 PM

would probably have the best balance in the country...

Jul 22, 2014, 8:38 AM

There is no way we can lose more than one and make it. And that one loss can't be to FSU. And losing to SCAR would make it pretty difficult since it's the last game. Even a UGA loss will make it difficult.

FSU will not lose more than one (even if it is to us) and I highly doubt two teams from ACC will make it. And its possible the sec bias will make a 2 loss sec team higher ranked than a 1 loss ACC team and could influence the committee.

That's just may realistic thought -

Jul 22, 2014, 1:17 PM

Hate to say it but once again, the OL appears to be the big question mark. Isiah Battle trying to play tackle at
270?? Coach Caldwell's remarks gave me an uneasy feeling.

I would bet every cent I have that if we lost to Georgia

Jul 22, 2014, 1:19 PM

and then ran the table and finished 12-1, we would get in. We'd have wins over SCar and FSU, not to mention what will probably be good wins over UNC, Louisville, and whoever we play in the ACC title game. No way we miss out on the play-off.

Re: I would bet every cent I have that if we lost to Georgia

Jul 28, 2014, 11:07 AM

The probability that a one loss ACC champ would be preferred over an undefeated Conference champ is 0.0 The probability that a one loss ACC champ would be preferred over a one loss champ from another conference is not much higher.

You would be betting on at least one other conference champ to have two losses and Clemson running the table after losing to UGAy. It's a long shot, imo.

Jul 22, 2014, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Can Clemson make the 4-team playoff? Dabo Swinney weighs in ]

I bet they do.

Jul 28, 2014, 10:34 AM

No 8-4 teams will be in the 4 team playoff !

^^^wonders how his pulse is a higher number than his age***

Jul 28, 2014, 11:09 AM

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic