Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: C.J. Spiller: Clemson is a lifelong commitment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: C.J. Spiller: Clemson is a lifelong commitment

Aug 10, 2014, 11:21 AM

C.J. Spiller: Clemson is a lifelong commitment

Former Clemson running back C.J. Spiller returned to the area last Friday when his Buffalo Bills took on the Carolina Panthers in NFL preseason action. What did he say about the reception he and the other Clemson players received? What does he say about head coach Dabo Swinney? In an exclusive interview, Spiller explains what Clemson means to him. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CJ will be back in Clemson one day***

Aug 10, 2014, 11:29 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CJ will be back in Clemson one day- we can only hope so

Aug 10, 2014, 1:07 PM

he would be a wonderful asset to the school and area generally. we are lucky such a great guy was a tiger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CJ will be back in Clemson one day- we can only hope so

Aug 10, 2014, 1:21 PM

Luck had nothing to do with it....CJ & CU were destined for one another!! CJ is a man of wonderful character & great integrity....and, an excellent ambassador for one of the finest Universities in the country!! Clemson is consistently ranked in the Top 5 in the country when you look at the five A's: Academics, Athletics, Atmosphere, After College Professional Opportunity, & Alumni Coming Back & Giving back to the University! Clemson IS The Total Package!!! CJ recognizes this and is a strong voice, along with many others who are and will be. Thank you for continuing the Ambassadorship, CJ!!

yep, hopefully as a rb coach

Aug 10, 2014, 1:20 PM [ in reply to CJ will be back in Clemson one day*** ]

It would be awesome if he did that.

Stirring words about a sentiment we all share. Thanks,CJ!***

Aug 10, 2014, 11:37 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we love you too, CJ ! U r d greatest in CU football history

Aug 10, 2014, 11:57 AM

they should have given you the Heisman ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NCAA had a chance to make a real statement about.....

Aug 10, 2014, 11:59 AM

what kind of college football player, in terms of athleticism, academics, and character, the Heisman truly stands for ...and they blew it . Shame on them ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The NCAA had a chance to make a real statement about.....

Aug 10, 2014, 12:08 PM

Amen

Aug 10, 2014, 12:37 PM [ in reply to The NCAA had a chance to make a real statement about..... ]

Now the heisman has nothing to do with character. For example the last two guys that won it.

ncaa has nothing to do with Heisman

Aug 10, 2014, 1:05 PM [ in reply to The NCAA had a chance to make a real statement about..... ]

that said, very true.. but Heisman blew that when they didn't give it to Peyton Manning

Aug 10, 2014, 1:49 PM [ in reply to The NCAA had a chance to make a real statement about..... ]

Reggie Bush was their statement and all the years it took them to take his back when the cheating was proven. They are a joke

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NCAA doesn't pick the Heisman

Aug 10, 2014, 11:05 PM [ in reply to The NCAA had a chance to make a real statement about..... ]

The Heisman was originally presented by the Downtown Athletic Club (NYC), now by the Heisman Trust. A committee of six sportswriters make the selection.

http://www.heisman.com/history/balloting.php

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Not quite right about the number of writers

Aug 11, 2014, 1:57 AM

There are 6 sportswriters who govern the organization that selects the Heisman. It is selected by a group of 870 sportswriters/media and all of the living former Heisman winners also have a vote. For the past few years there has also been 1 fan vote selected on the ESPN website. I remember voting for CJ just about everyday, but I think Suh ended up winning the fan vote that year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: C.J. Spiller: Clemson is a lifelong commitment

Aug 10, 2014, 1:35 PM

Tiger Nation will ALWAYS love CJ Spiller!!! Incredible man, incredible Tiger - such a shining example for our program!! Will always be one of my favorite Tigers and would love to see him back in Clemson following his pro days!!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic