Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Bob Stoops on Brent Venables: "Brent has done a great job"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 4,909

New Story: Bob Stoops on Brent Venables: "Brent has done a great job"

Dec 10, 2014, 11:01 PM

Bob Stoops on Brent Venables: "Brent has done a great job"

Bob Stoops and Brent Venables each knew last week that the possibility existed that Clemson and Oklahoma could face each other during the bowl season, a possibility that became a reality when it was announced on Sunday that the two teams will play on December 29th in the Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando. What does Stoop say about matching up his former employee? Photo by Mark D. Smith / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if Stoops realizes it's nut cutting time?***

Dec 11, 2014, 5:36 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

It's always nut cutting time!***

Dec 11, 2014, 6:37 PM

I'm sure stoops and venables are friends and

Dec 11, 2014, 7:25 AM

Want to see each other do well but if this is all he had to say about venables after his years of service there then clearly stoops has a little regret about losing him. I would have expected a more glowing heart felt respect. Just my opinion.

Re: I'm sure stoops and venables are friends and

Dec 11, 2014, 10:09 AM

I've heard him interviewed, and I don't remember him being very wordy. Very much to the point, short responses, so I wouldn't read too much into it. I do imagine Brent left Oklahoma a little ticked, though. Going from the sole DC to sharing the spotlight looks like a demotion and a lack of confidence to me. Bob Stoops' loss was our gain. Glad things worked out for BV and for us!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sure stoops and venables are friends and

Dec 11, 2014, 6:35 PM [ in reply to I'm sure stoops and venables are friends and ]

I feel the same way!!! I think the real reason BV left Oklahoma was b/c he didn't want to be there any longer with the Head Coaches Brother being able to take on new adventures, and being able to come back and share BV's title just for the asking. BV just didn't won't to deal with little brother coming back when ever he wanted to, and messing around in the way BV personally done things. I think that BV made that clear to Bob back then. I don't think that Dabo could have hired BV away from Oklahoma if Mike would have stayed away. And I think Bob Stoops is still butt hurt over BV leaving b/c his brother was coming back. I thought that back then, and from Bob's interview, I think that he is still butt hurt over BV leaving.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Bob Stoops on Brent Venables: "Brent has done a great job"

Dec 11, 2014, 10:17 AM

I hope it's a good game with the Tigers coming out on top with the win. Oklahoma running back set new NCAA record for yards in a game, so the Defense will have its hands full. Hopefully, our Offense will score some points and the Defensive backs can get some turnovers. GO TIGERS !!!

Re: New Story: Bob Stoops on Brent Venables: "Brent has done a great job"

Dec 11, 2014, 7:31 PM

If Cole could move our offense, I think that our D would shut Oklahoma and their Running game down. But with Cole's inability to move the ball, it will wear our D completely down by the middle of the 3d quarter. And there will be nothing left to give from our proud, but absolutely gassed defense. Even with being the best, they have to have a rest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#1 D in the country. Yeah, he's done a "good" job***

Dec 1, 2021, 10:47 AM

Replies: 8
| visibility 4,909
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic