Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Adrian Baker: Ready For a Return to Primetime
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,631

New Story: Adrian Baker: Ready For a Return to Primetime

Jan 17, 2017, 8:01 AM

Adrian Baker: Ready For a Return to Primetime

The toughest part about being sidelined with an injury is seeing your brothers and teammates battle on the field without you, but Adrian Baker was able to see a lot of positive in 2016 and now he's ready to make an impact. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wish you all the best! Lots of studs behind

Jan 17, 2017, 8:15 AM

You. I'll never forget that fsu int. I'd love to see you play lights out this year. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Adrian Baker: Ready For a Return to Primetime

Jan 17, 2017, 8:23 AM

Did Baker redshirt his freshman year or was last year used as his redshirt? If he redshirted his freshman year, would he be eligible for a medical redshirt?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only was to get a second medical redshirt is

Jan 17, 2017, 9:12 AM

if the first redshirt was medical as well. He already used his redshirt year so no, he can not get another year. He will be a senior next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the only was to get a second medical redshirt is

Jan 17, 2017, 10:03 AM

Not true on the redshirt. Many players end up with a normal redshirt their freshman year then get hurt later on and the NCAA will grant them a 6th year of eligibility. both He and Clemson have to request it from the NCAA. I'm not sure if he wants to or not.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2017, 10:21 AM

Correct. It IS plausible to attain a 6th year of eligibility but it is more difficult to have the medical hardship waiver approved if the player has had a prior redshirt year. Under these circumstances, there's a requirement that states, "both years were missed due to circumstances out of the student athlete's control" - not sure this would apply to Adrian's situation.

And by the way, the term "medical redshirt" is used often and incorrectly. "Medical redshirt" and "medical hardship waiver" are not interchangeable terms, the latter of which is correct.

Jan 17, 2017, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: the only was to get a second medical redshirt is ]

Well shouldn't they apply just in case!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not correct. I was granted a 6th year.

Jan 18, 2017, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: the only was to get a second medical redshirt is ]

Both years must be due to injury or some extenuating circumstance that prevented an athlete from participating. I had a surgery one year and complications with the recovery the second year that I missed. I had to show medical proof that I was receiving treatment for the injury and recovery still to be granted the 6th year. It was a very long and drawn out process. It is not as simple as most believe.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,631
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic