Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: 63-17: It Was An Empty Bleachers Kind of Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

New Story: 63-17: It Was An Empty Bleachers Kind of Game

Nov 21, 2016, 7:01 AM

63-17: It Was An Empty Bleachers Kind of Game

It was an empty bleacher kind of night in Columbia. 63-17. Just mention that score to any fan of Clemson or South Carolina, and they know the exact game you’re talking about. And they’ll either break out into a big smile or shake their head in disgust and walk away. It was that kind of game, and it was that kind of night. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reggie M. knows what the rivalry is all about! TB should ..

Nov 21, 2016, 7:18 AM

... TB should never have taken him out for James Davis in the 2006 game. That ill-advised move cost us a win over SCar.

Re: Reggie M. knows what the rivalry is all about! TB should ..

Nov 21, 2016, 8:29 AM

That's the way I feel as well! Reggie was eating them alive on that drive AND he deserved to finish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Strangest thing I ever saw.***

Nov 21, 2016, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Reggie M. knows what the rivalry is all about! TB should .. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2016, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Reggie M. knows what the rivalry is all about! TB should .. ]

Tammy Bowden did Reggie Merriweather a huge disservice. Merriweather was (and as far as I know still is) a class individual who happened to be a very good football player.

Nov 21, 2016, 9:58 AM

I have the pleasure of hanging with Reggie to this day somewhat. He most certainly is about as nice as can be and a real class act. I feel like Chris Farley during those SNL skits talking to him sometimes though.

Im sure we lost that game on more than just 1 play***

Nov 21, 2016, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Reggie M. knows what the rivalry is all about! TB should .. ]

What we lost was tremendous momentum when the game

Nov 22, 2016, 8:46 PM

was game was on the line.

RM had the hot hand. He was possessed and he was going to score and we were going to win.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, the OC had nothing to do with it***

Nov 21, 2016, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Reggie M. knows what the rivalry is all about! TB should .. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

The OC works (worked) for TB ...

Nov 22, 2016, 8:43 PM

The Buck stops with the HC ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember that game fondly!

Nov 21, 2016, 8:18 AM

The next season we beat them twice in one game! ???????? Gamecock hate week has started! ALL ABOOOOUUURD!!!! choo choo!! Go Tigers! ! !

63-10 Clemson

Re: I remember that game fondly!

Nov 21, 2016, 3:06 PM

Carolina is playing some good defense this year, so I wouldn't go crazy on this one. IMO, more like 35-10 Tigers. A solid all-around game for Dabo's team.

86th in rushing D, 50th overall D.

Nov 30, 2021, 9:07 PM

They have good pass defense stats because nobody has to pass it on them. Hell, WCU ran for over 200 yards.

Wayne Train is going to light them up.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

new record coming 70-9 Tigers!!

Nov 21, 2016, 8:59 AM

I believe if we don't turn the offensive facet off the little coots will waddle on home and the ones at home will have their TV's on the Bravo channel by halftime. They will claim we cheated and we can flash the 70-9 score to melt them back to the boom hole.

Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

70 to 9, really?

Nov 21, 2016, 5:01 PM

Hope you're not betting the farm on that 1.

:)

I've never had more fun at a game

Nov 21, 2016, 9:27 AM

One of my fondest Clemson football memories.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: 63-17: It Was An Empty Bleachers Kind of Game

Nov 21, 2016, 9:31 AM

My sister went to that game. She had some obnoxious coot (is that repetitive?) sitting a few rows below her with a sign that said "Clemson Sucks". As he was leaving mid-way thru the 3rd quarter, she looked at him as he walked by, pointed to his seat and said, "hey, buddy, you forgot your sign".

You can call then Gamecocks, Shamecocks or Lamecocks, but any way you look at it they are still just a bunch of chump chickens.

Nov 21, 2016, 2:53 PM

Isn't their fight song "Cock-a Doodle Don't?"

It's actually called "Step to the Rear"

Nov 23, 2016, 9:32 PM

How fitting ??

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Nov 21, 2016, 10:20 AM

I was at this game, was during my time as a student at Clemson. I remember it being all Clemson but a few South Carolina Fans in stadium after halftime....It turned into a home game yelling orange and white across the stadium and the different sections Spelling out CLEMSON definitely one to remember as a Tigers Fan!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were accosted as we took our seats

Nov 21, 2016, 2:42 PM

And after 5 mins of it I yelled at all the coots, "I'm glad I will only have to put up with this for the first half!"

They were filing out in the second quarter and not coming back!

I am in the picture of the south end zone

Nov 21, 2016, 3:45 PM

I used to go to some SC games with a good friend whose seats are 32 rows up, just under the overhang of the "Zone" right next to the opposing fans' section. That's him in garnet closest to the aisle, one of a scant few who stayed until the end. I'm next to him, probably saying something like, "it's just not your night." My buddy Rusty, who passed a few years ago from cancer, is a few open seats to the right of me in Orange. His son and mine have been friends since they were two and are both Clemson sophomores.

Message was edited by: cofctigerincola®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Haha! Fletcher Anderson for (student) president

Nov 21, 2016, 4:17 PM

Great day in Clemson football, but don't........

Nov 21, 2016, 4:59 PM

expect that to happen in 2016. I expect the Coots to be fired up and inspired to rain on
Clemson's entire season this weekend. Clemson may need a late game stand to hold up CU's
win. Just saying...
There's nothing more I would like, but to see Clemson roll to another HUGE HUGE win.
But while I do see a win, it will probably come in a close one.
Listen, Wake is Wake- but don't expect it to be that easy this WE--- I hope our players
aren't. We're going get a good SC effort, you can believe that.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic