»
Topic: New Memorial Stadium....Eventually... YES/NO?
Replies: 38   Last Post: Jun 13, 2019 7:56 AM by: FutureDoc
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 38  

New Memorial Stadium....Eventually... YES/NO?

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 1:41 PM

A discussion For T-NET, Alumni and IPTAY supports.....

In looking at College Athletics and the progression of facilities with success....Would Clemson be willing to build a new Memorial Stadium in place of the old? I say yes, there is a lot of talk about the East End Zone expansion, adding more suites, etc. IPTAY is looking at numerous upgrades. Let's face it, Memorial Stadium is now basically outdated as far as concourse, amenities and seat options go unless you are in a suite. Besides the West Zone, Memorial Stadium will need extensive work over the next 20 years to keep up with the College Football arms race of the future. Why not rebuild?

No, I am not on drugs or drinking. Yes, this is a crazy idea but building a new stadium that is state of the art but keeping "The Hill" and unique Clemson traditions could be huge. It can be done, relocate games to Charlotte or the new dome in ATL for one season. This gives the University & IPTAY the opportunity to have a premium college football venue in the USA and increase fundraising revenues as well. Everyone is building football operations buildings or really nice practice facilities these days but the next round will be major upgrades to stadiums for college football.

We see what was done with Little John....Two major renovations later over the past 20 years. Just an idea.....

Re: New Memorial Stadium....Eventually... YES/NO?

[9]
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 1:43 PM

You have a billion dollars just lying around?***

[3]
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 1:44 PM

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Photobucket is holding my sig pic hostage. Screw them.

Re: You have a billion dollars just lying around? yes I do

[5]
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 1:54 PM

I'm using mine to level our kitchen table legs up because I ran out of sugar packets

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

[6]
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 1:44 PM

2019 purple level member

If pigs are so smart, why do 66% of them use weak and inferior materials during construction?

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 1:50 PM

Gotta look to the future but respect the past. Dabo is a visionary!

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 9:09 PM

Tell’em coot

[2]
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 1:50 PM

NO!

Every generation wants to put its stamp on tradition.

[2]
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 1:57 PM

You have winning as a tradition now. Your generation has the most profound winning streak in Clemson Football history. Please don't try to change everything. It won't be better than what we have now because it can't be better than what we have now. Let's join to ensure that this winning streak continues by supporting out University, Administration, Athletic Department and our Coaches, players and those who support them.

Our football stadium can't be replaced.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

[2]
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 2:07 PM

I remember no upper decks, aluminum bleachers in the West End Zone and kids sliding down the hill during the games. Look at the stadium today compared to those days, it's like a new stadium. I can envision more sky boxes, patios and even closing in the seats over the top of the hill and "Howards Rock". But as far as a New Memorial Stadium, NO!

Message was edited by: saddis56®

2019 white level member

What about building it on top of Lake Hartwell

[3]
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 2:22 PM

a floating stadium ... that would be cool.

2019 white level member

Re: What about building it on top of Lake Hartwell

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 2:32 PM

Now that would be cool. Boat docks for parking and tailgating. Sign me up to support that one. Russia has built a floating nuclear reactor, I'm sure a floating stadium is feasible.

2019 white level member

Re: What about building it on top of Lake Hartwell

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 3:30 PM

Gives new meaning to the ‘ship.

yeah, with a retractable field and a glass bottom to watch

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 10:46 PM

the fish in the off season.

I wouldn't mind a roof to keep the sun off our heads***

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 2:25 PM

2019 white level member

A domed stadium, good idea

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 9:18 PM

I think Syracuse, Idaho, and UT-San Antonio are the
only FBS schools that play in a domed football stadium.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 2:36 PM

Just more and more upgrades likely for instance replacing all seating eventually with chairback seats.

Not happening.....but I am all for an East End Zone

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 2:47 PM

improvement/expansion and all concourses to be updated and improved. My 2 cents worth. :)

Re: New Memorial Stadium....Eventually... YES/NO?***

[2]
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 2:56 PM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

[2]
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 3:11 PM

Wouldn’t it be better to build the new stadium on the back of a flying turtle? Kind of like the earth? We have appeased the turtle gods by no longer releasing balloons before games so I’m sure there would be lots of turtle volunteers.

2019 purple level member

Turtles all the way down.***

[1]
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 6:39 PM

I don't see it happening***

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 4:04 PM

2019 purple level member

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I've lost brain cells reading this thread....***

[1]
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 4:10 PM

[1]
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 4:55 PM

I would settle for bathrooms as nice as a Love's Truck Stop

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

maybe renovate but rebuild??! Never***

[1]
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 6:04 PM

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Eventually... IS A LONG TIME?

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 6:14 PM

as in forever.

The Romans built a new stadium.

How about a timeframe?

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

null

By the time we get that built,we probably won't even have

[1]
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 6:19 PM

football..............

2019 white level member

We need to drop some $$ into specific renovations but

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 6:50 PM

a big NO to rebuilding.

I also don’t agree with the ideas about adding more luxury seats or any “expansion”. We need to upgrade the general seating areas first. It seems we can find money to build club seats but can’t even replace all the missing numbers on the bleacher seats.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 6:54 PM

Swinney-Ford Field @ Frank Howard Memorial Stadium .

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

DB23

I'm gonna say no. But, I still like Tillman Hall too.....***

[1]
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 7:36 PM

2019 white level member

Nah really isn't necessary....

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 8:51 PM

...building out the East End Zone is the obvious next big update. It would be very cool to build it up over Williamson Rd and let it still tunnel under seats. Keep the "rundown the hill" part of the hill intact, incorporate a massive jumbotron and new speaker system. Could even incorporate the Scroll of Honor memorial as part of the entry courtyard....etc etc.

We aren't filling to capacity most games now anyway, so more seating wouldn't be the main goal.

Re: Nah really isn't necessary....

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 5:30 AM

Interesting article on home game attendance.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/clemson/2019/06/04/clemson-football-2018-attendance-stadium/1298253001/

[1]
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 9:07 PM

No coot

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 10:43 PM

Coot....really? Get a life. That’s why I hate half posters on TNet. Only a Clemson grad, season ticket holder and IPTAY donor for 21 years. Just a wild thought to discuss yes, but could be a reality on way college football is trending.

[1]
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 9:24 PM

2019 white level member

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 3:59 AM

cetiger99 said:

A discussion For T-NET, Alumni and IPTAY supports.....

In looking at College Athletics and the progression of facilities with success....Would Clemson be willing to build a new Memorial Stadium in place of the old? I say yes, there is a lot of talk about the East End Zone expansion, adding more suites, etc. IPTAY is looking at numerous upgrades. Let's face it, Memorial Stadium is now basically outdated as far as concourse, amenities and seat options go unless you are in a suite. Besides the West Zone, Memorial Stadium will need extensive work over the next 20 years to keep up with the College Football arms race of the future. Why not rebuild?

No, I am not on drugs or drinking. Yes, this is a crazy idea but building a new stadium that is state of the art but keeping "The Hill" and unique Clemson traditions could be huge. It can be done, relocate games to Charlotte or the new dome in ATL for one season. This gives the University & IPTAY the opportunity to have a premium college football venue in the USA and increase fundraising revenues as well. Everyone is building football operations buildings or really nice practice facilities these days but the next round will be major upgrades to stadiums for college football.

We see what was done with Little John....Two major renovations later over the past 20 years. Just an idea.....

it's going to have to be rebuilt one day. but so closely in the heels of the WEZ project,?

your idea is not crazy and money is really no issue right now, but the timing is not great.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 4:28 AM

In the immediate future renovation would be more appropriate.

"Eventually" is a long time, so in a hundred, two hundred, three hundred years time, who knows? But in my lifetime, I'd say "no" to a new stadium.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 5:24 AM

Well that went over like a lead balloon!

I do appreciate thinking outside the box though with new ideas.

Message was edited by: tigernation2000

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 7:56 AM

I will take the conceptual idea of improving Memorial Stadium under consideration... as for the rest:

Replies: 38  
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
2670 people have read this post