Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Need some INFO Florida State Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Need some INFO Florida State Game

Aug 20, 2017, 12:29 AM

Hey everyone,

My girlfriend and I are from Rochester, NY and are HUGE Clemson fans. We are traveling down for the Florida State game. We are staying in Greenville and will be driving in for the game. Just a few questions since this is my first time to the stadium...

1.) Is it worth buying one of the really expensive parking passes or will the ones that look like they are on the outskirts get the job done if we aren't tailgating and just plan on walking around?

2.) We are looking to buy tickets, and want a cool experience but don't want to break the bank. I mean we understand they will be expensive but where is the best place to sit for a reasonable price? I know there are posting for tickets on the website here but if anyone wants to email me directly about ticket prices I am interested in purchasing sooner than later! :-D mlap2828@gmail.com

3.) What time is a good time to get to the stadium to park?

Like I said, I am pumped to come down there. I can't wait but do need some guidance and good things to do before the game as well. Thanks everyone in advance for accepting me in the Tiger community. Can't wait for the season to start. PAWS UP BABY!

Matt

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You might consider not even worrying about a parking pass

Aug 20, 2017, 12:51 AM

If your plan is to just walk around, you might consider just going to a private parking lot off College Ave if you're planning on showing up early. Those do sell out and it's risky, but worth it if you can get a spot. You'll see plenty of signs and people waving you into the lots. For an FSU game, I would show up past @ 10am for a 8pm game and expect to get a spot. If it's a 3:30 game, get there as early as you possibly can.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You might consider not even worrying about a parking pass

Aug 20, 2017, 12:53 AM

Thanks, I appreciate the information. I can't wait to get down there!

Aug 20, 2017, 11:35 AM [ in reply to You might consider not even worrying about a parking pass ]

Downtown greenville is a great place to stay, safe late at night and many places to eat. Be sure to walk the liberty bridge at Falls Park.
We've never had a parking pass but be prepared for a lot of walking. There's so much going on that it's hard to pick the most fun traditions but I love the pep rally in the amphitheatre near Tillman hall and then walking down the hill to the stadium behind the band.
There's more to do than can be covered in one visit so hope you will return again.

Aug 20, 2017, 1:53 PM

I am glad to hear that about Greenville. I am prepared to walk a lot quite a bit. NO ISSUES THERE :) Thank you for the info!

Paws Up??

Aug 20, 2017, 7:42 AM

Coot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Pause up?

Aug 20, 2017, 8:19 AM

???

A few answers:

Aug 20, 2017, 8:53 AM

1. IMO if you are just walking around is to get a farther away lot fo less $. You will probably want to find something on the "downtown" side so you'll be closest to some food/drink. Personally I would probably hit the private lots around downtown early but if they are full just go to public parking. Be friendly and you should be welcome at most tailgates...just wander through the lots.

2. Stubhub.

3. EARLY. It will probably be a night game. If so I would plan to be there before noon unless you have a parking pass. Then I would try to be there by 1. If it's an earlier game, good luck to you. Traffic is generally bad...only a few ways in and out of town. This is potentially a game day game...if so, expect something different.

As a first timer I would recommend hitting downtown then a walk through campus to the stadium area. Free load on some tailgating then maybe hit Esso club, just because. Tiger walk is fun if you like the hype. Get into the stadium early...

As the date gets closer you'll get all the info you need. Also, good call staying in Greenville...the main st area is really nice.

Re: A few answers:

Aug 20, 2017, 10:23 AM

I really appreciate that. This info helps us out a lot. I'm excited to see it for the first time. I've always wanted to go to Essos. Thanks again!

please don't bring a Paws Up sign for game day, which will most likely the case

Aug 20, 2017, 10:58 AM

That would embarrass you and me,

1. Depends on what shape you are in, I don't like to wing anything and that game will be sold out and 100k people outside the stadium.

2. Not sure if what your personal finances look like but the visitor side upper deck is not for the faint of heart

3. I and everyone I know gets there early even if it is an 8pm kickoff and like I said game day will most likely be there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: please don't bring a Paws Up sign for game day, which will most likely the case

Aug 20, 2017, 11:19 AM

Fair enough my man. Thanks. Sorry for the "Paws Up" thing. I wouldn't do that what so ever. I have a daughter who started to say that when I would watch the games so she would continuously say it. Kind of a habit with her.
Probably should have given the back story of that. Only way she knows Clemson is playing! lol (she's only 4) Thanks for the response to this though

Re: Need some INFO Florida State Game

Aug 20, 2017, 11:19 AM

I think you would enjoy a parking pass somewhere in the center of campus.

If the lots open at 8 we're there at 8. Just remember that if you get a parking pass in an area parking lot it is first come first served.

Lower bowl is awesome but you really can't beat the view from the first 10-15 rows of either upper deck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Need some INFO Florida State Game

Aug 20, 2017, 11:21 AM

Any specific lot? Or just any of them in the center of campus?

the churches downtown (one block up from college ave) have

Aug 20, 2017, 2:31 PM

parking. it's an easy walk to the stadium and you could then see the band at the amphitheatre. walking is not a big deal...it's not far to anywhere.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic