»
Topic: Nebraska 5 National Championships
Replies: 5   Last Post: Nov 8, 2019 4:19 PM by: ClemfanWV
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

Nebraska 5 National Championships

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 11:03 AM

they won these championships against VERY weak conference and OOC opponents. Their schedule was never questioned. So why now does Clemson get PUNISHED for winning 24 games in a row?
Oh how the talking heads make my head spin.

How is clemson getting punished?

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 11:06 AM

Back on probation? What I miss?

When they won there weren't FOURTEEN 24/7 sports

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 11:08 AM

networks needing new content every day grasping at straws looking for stuff to talk about.

2019 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

There's something in these hills.

Exactly....

[1]
Posted: Nov 8, 2019 11:38 AM

now you have talk shows everywhere that anyone can listen to on their phone and dozens of tv shows and social media 'experts' galore. Also teams were on TV at best 5-6 times per year..and half those were regional coverage only.

Back when you could watch three college games all weekend.

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 11:51 AM

Back then it was the national ABC game(s) of the week, regional game of the week, and your local JP or whatever game. Ok, that was the 70's and early 80's and then ESPN started showing more games.. but you get my point.

And the same teams were on nationally each week. So box scores and group think is all the voters (AP, UPI, etc) could go on.

I think today it is actually a more fair landscape.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Back when you could watch three college games all weekend.

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 4:19 PM

Even as of Nebraska's last title in 1997 they had games that weren't even televised. The games that were televised (outside of the Big 12 title and the bowl game) were all regional coverage only...so its likely that year that anyone on the west coast, northeast and southeast never even watched Nebraska play (unless they had ESPN Gameplan) that season until the Big 12 title game.

No social media either so essentially the only way anyone could keep tabs on them as a fan in another part of the country is to watch Sportscenter, Gameday shows (even the old CNN college football show) or read the paper.

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: ACC Championship
FOR SALE: 2 Club Level Tickets, Section 319, Row 08. $300 each. Text or call me (864-804-8109) if interested...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
791 people have read this post