Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NFL cheating for the patriots, nothing new since the midgame invented tuck rule...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

NFL cheating for the patriots, nothing new since the midgame invented tuck rule...

Dec 17, 2017, 7:24 PM

and destroying the patriots spy tape of the 2001 Rams Super Bowl practices

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NFL cheating for the patriots, nothing new since the midgame invented tuck rule...

Dec 17, 2017, 7:26 PM

How did the Patriots cheat? You might not like the call but they didn’t cheat

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

learn to read I stated "NFL cheating for the patriots.."

Dec 17, 2017, 7:31 PM

Although the patriots are some of the biggest cheaters in the history of sports

I am with TigerKing here...

Dec 17, 2017, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Re: NFL cheating for the patriots, nothing new since the midgame invented tuck rule... ]

There have been three similar plays this year in Patriot's games, end zone mini-bobbles involving the Jets' tight end, Pittsburg's tight end tonight, and the Patriot Cooks's catch in the end zone that beat the Texans, and every single booth call has gone the Patriot's way. If that bobble overturns TDs for the Steelers and Jets to win New England games, why didn't it overturn Cooks' catch that won them a game? This favoritism in that ref booth is getting on my nerves.

Re: NFL cheating for the patriots, nothing new since the midgame invented tuck rule...

Dec 17, 2017, 7:46 PM

It was the correct ruling. It's a crummy rule, but that's the correct call.

Dec 17, 2017, 9:48 PM

You are correct sir. Blame the rule, not the team. I'm not a Steelers fan because of their strong
stance in support of the players protesting during the national anthem. So there is that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2017, 9:54 PM

The funny thing is if the roles were reversed and it was the Patriots who had the TD overturned, everyone on here would be saying it was the correct call. It is absolutely a bad rule, but most of the outrage here and elsewhere is because it's the Patriots.

The problem is the Patriots HAVE gotten that call...

Dec 18, 2017, 7:32 AM

in the Texans game where Cooks was mini-bobbling as he fell out of bounds on the game-winning touchdown. And gotten it called incomplete against the Jets and Steelers. Funny how the same call has benefited the same team three times. If not bias, then definitely inconsistent and to the benefit of one particular team which makes one wonder.

Re: The problem is the Patriots HAVE gotten that call...

Dec 18, 2017, 2:19 PM

The Jets call was weird, I'll give you that, but the Cooks "bobble" was the right call in my opinion.

Dec 18, 2017, 7:51 AM [ in reply to Re: NFL cheating for the patriots, nothing new since the midgame invented tuck rule... ]

I can't stand NE and as soon as I saw the replay I told my wife it wasn't a TD.
By rules it was not a catch, bottom line

Dec 18, 2017, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: NFL cheating for the patriots, nothing new since the midgame invented tuck rule... ]

My only argument is that it was ruled a catch on the field, and I saw nothing "indisputable" that would give enough evidence to overturn it.

Does the ball bobble? Yes.

Do we know if his right hand was under the ball? Not certain.

To me, without clear proof of the ball on the ground we can't know, and to say the tip touched the ground doesn't stand either, due to the fact we don't know if the ball was controlled in his right hand or not because we can't see that angle.

The rule is stupid in the first place, but in this case the rule of "indisputable" video evidence seemed to not be used.

Dec 17, 2017, 9:52 PM

Pitt had their chance to win, or even tie, but they chose to throw an INT. Another controversial pass call had nothing to do with Pitt having that chance and blowing it.

Yea, the non-call P.I. didn't have anything to do with it...***

Dec 18, 2017, 12:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RA'd for caring about the NFL***

Dec 18, 2017, 2:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic