Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NFL Pass interference Calls
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,473

NFL Pass interference Calls

Sep 20, 2018, 10:10 AM

Please explain: most pass interference calls result in 15 yard penalty. NFL referees on occasion call for the ball to be spotted at the site of penalty. Why? Thanks.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NFL Pass interference Calls

Sep 20, 2018, 10:15 AM

Not an expert. Simplified, college spot of the foul, but no more than 15 yards. NFL, spot of the foul.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2018, 10:19 AM

I dont like calling the db for pushing but letting the WR push w no call. Call it equally but they dont in college or pro.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two different rules...

Sep 20, 2018, 10:21 AM

In college, the penalty for defensive pass interference is 15 yards if the foul happened more than that distance downfield. If it happened closer to the line of scrimmage, the ball goes to the spot of the foul.

In the NFL, the same penalty moves the offense to the spot of the foul.

Both rulebooks have exceptions for pass interference in or around the end zone. The NFL puts the ball at the 1-yard line for defensive PI in the end zone. College puts the ball at the 2 if the snap came from between the defense’s 2 and 17. If the snap came from inside the 2, the penalty for DPI just moves it half the distance.

Of course, all pass interference carries an automatic first down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 20, 2018, 10:37 AM

The NFL rule is spot of the foul. If the foul occurs less than 15 yards down the field then it's a 15 yard penalty. I actually hate the spot of the foul rule. They brought up a vote this past offseason to change it to the same as the college rule, but the vote did not pass.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,473
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic