Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NEXT SEASON UP AND AT EM!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,112

NEXT SEASON UP AND AT EM!

Dec 5, 2014, 6:07 AM

Hey there fellow Tigers!!! As we all know, Chad Morris has decided to make an important life decision and move up to a head coaching position at SMU. However, take heart in knowing that Dabo has had a plan for this very moment in his program. I think we will see what Jeff Scott and Tony Elliott have during our bowl game. If it is a formidable opponent then we will get a chance to see where our program lies from an offensive prospective. If we do well then we can all breathe that sigh of relief. If we throw a bunch of screen passes for a 2 yard gain then I would say that Dabo needs to look else where for a new hire. Possibly Auburn would be a great choice seeing as Chad Morris did a lot of cooperative exchanges with Auburn's program over the past 2 seasons. It may just be a decent fit. With all of the talent on the roster for Clemson's offense I see no reason to be too worried. Only time will tell...

On to what really concerns me. Next season we will be without Corey Crawford, Robert Smith, Vic Beasley, Nuk Williams, Tavaris Barnes, and Grady Jarret just to name a few. Who will fill in the gaps on the defense? Who will replace all of that talent on the defensive side of the ball? I just do not see the whole picture for next year's defense. Brent Venables has to have a plan. Is anyone else just as anxious to hear what his plan for next year will be? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Chesty

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Guess I'll have to inform you

Dec 5, 2014, 6:15 AM

that the OC position is locked in and finalized. There will be no new hires. As for the defense, there have been numerous posts about this, some very good and thorough. Check back a few days and pages of posts. THanks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guess I'll have to inform you

Dec 5, 2014, 6:22 AM

Thanks for the info... I will look into it. I haven't had much time to get on here. The internet over here sucks. It goes in and out. SNIPERHILL Internet SUCKS!

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Here's My Take

Dec 5, 2014, 8:34 AM

1st String

Lawson
Watkins
Reader
Dodd
O'Dainel
Boulware
Wiggins
Alexander
Kearse
Green
Tankersly

2nd String

Ogundeko
Pagano
Robinson
Huggins
Goodson
Jones
Rogers
Edmond
Blanks
Johnson
Baker

It won't be #1 in the country, but it will still be a stout defense, especially with BV calling the plays. I'm most worried about depth at tackle and corner. We need to close out with a couple of top recruits in this class.

Re: Here's My Take

Dec 5, 2014, 8:40 AM

Definitely Top Ten Defense!! All of these made big contributions this season

Re: Here's My Take

Dec 5, 2014, 9:08 AM

I agree with all that has been posted, but are we at least 2 deep on the Front 7 going into next season? We were 2 deep this season... What about next? Depth will play a major factor in keeping fresh legs out on the field.

~Chesty Puller

Re: NEXT SEASON UP AND AT EM!

Dec 5, 2014, 10:11 AM

My only worry for the bowl game is we may see cole Stoudt and that want give a true picture of our O! Just look at Morris offense with Stoudt and with Watson totally different so I wouldn't be to upset with Scott if Stoudt had to play because we become very limited when he is in!

Re: NEXT SEASON UP AND AT EM!

Dec 5, 2014, 10:29 AM

DE: Lawson, Dodd, Ebo
DT: Reader, Watkins, Pagano
Sam: Wiggins, Blanks, O'Daniel
MLB: Goodson, Boulware, Register
ILB: Boulware, Rodgers
CB Field: Alexander, Baker
CB boundary: Tank, Carter/Edmond
FS: Kearse, Gibson
SS: Johnson, Green

Looks good to me. We have so much more speed on the back end of the the defense. So long as we remain string at the point of attack with those guys on the back end we will have a very agressive D that can cover its own mistakes.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,112
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic