Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCAA golf question....how is the site for the NCAA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

NCAA golf question....how is the site for the NCAA

May 25, 2018, 8:26 AM

championships chosen, is it by bids? I'd say OSU has a wee bit of an advantage this year...

Karsten Creek Golf Club is located 6 miles west on State Highway 51, just outside Stillwater, Oklahoma. It replaced Lakeside Golf Course as the home course of the Oklahoma State University Men's and Women's golf teams 1994.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCAA golf question....how is the site for the NCAA

May 25, 2018, 8:27 AM

been there several times. must be a great course. and they probably put in a big bid

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watched Bama and Arizona women battle it out...it is

May 25, 2018, 8:37 AM

a beautiful course.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For 2019 the Championship is in Fayetteville, Arkansas @ The

May 25, 2018, 8:40 AM

Blessings Golf Club w/ Arkansas the host school. Also in 2019 Coastal Carolina is a regional host @ TPC Myrtle Beach.

Clemson is a regional host in 2020 @ The Cliffs at Keowee Falls.

Last time we won the golf NC in 2003, it was at Karsten

May 25, 2018, 9:00 AM

just sayin

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...and we beat OSU to win it!***

May 25, 2018, 9:04 AM

Wasn’t it there also the year we

May 25, 2018, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Last time we won the golf NC in 2003, it was at Karsten ]

Got screwed by KJ not signing his scorecard(after be whisked away to media tent by the locals)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

by there I meant at OSU not

May 25, 2018, 9:20 AM

Necessarily same course then

Oak Tree in Edmond, OK. Think OU was probably host.***

May 25, 2018, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Wasn’t it there also the year we ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2018, 9:12 AM

well SC has no golf courses so we are out of the running. Of course I'm being sarcastic

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2018, 9:16 AM

Yes it is a bid process and usually done 3 years in advance. I think this process is a little outdated as so many courses spend big money on maintenance and TV coverage for PGA, LPGA, and senior tours. Seems the NCAA could rotate on PGA courses and televise the event making it a fair competition.

null

I like the idea of playing the championships on a PGA course

May 25, 2018, 9:45 AM

(neutral) and keep the regionals at the host school sites. Would love it at Kiawah, Sage Valley, Harbour Town, etc. (Somewhere in SC)

May 25, 2018, 10:16 AM

Would be nice if the NCAA Golf Tournament would come to the state of South Carolina one day.Just way to many really good testing layouts to not have a championship here.The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Golf Resort comes to mind.Just imagine the test that links style course would bring with the wind coming off the ocean.

May 25, 2018, 10:19 AM

I think generally a school coordinates with a nearby championship quality course and hosts it, whether they actually qualify or not. I’ve worked a couple NCAA Championships here in Ooltewah TN at The Honors Course and UT Chattanooga acts as the host school. They qualified in 2010 but not in 1996.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic