Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NC State schedule is pitiful...making them a real threat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,334

NC State schedule is pitiful...making them a real threat

Sep 24, 2017, 8:11 AM

How a team can lose to Scar and be a total threat in the Atlantic is beyond me. But, it is reality. Partly due to State's laughable schedule.

The win over FSU was huge for the Pack. IMO, we cannot lose in Raleigh and win the Atlantic because I just don't see 2 losses for Pack with their remaining games.

I know....anything can happen. But State avoids Miami and VT from the Coastal

Syracuse
Louisville
@ Pittsburgh
@ Notre Dame (irrelevant to ACC standings)
Clemson
@ Boston College
@ Wake Forest
UNC

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NC State schedule is pitiful...making them a real threat

Sep 24, 2017, 8:14 AM

That's the beauty of State, they win a big one then find a way to lose to Syracuse, BC, and or Wake...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Louisville and FSU is no joke

Sep 24, 2017, 8:17 AM

they beat all three and they are champs they beat 2 out of 3 and they might be, just like us

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least 3 losses.

Sep 24, 2017, 8:18 AM

But I agree they got the easiest possible schedule, to include catching FSU at a really weird time for the Noles.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Louisville and @ Wake will give them trouble....

Sep 24, 2017, 8:23 AM

And their series with unc is usually unpredictable.
But they did get a friendly draw.

After a few weeks of football, there is still a lot of unknown...maybe the halfway point (first weekend in October) is a decent measuring point....all we really know about NCSU is they screwed up their opener, ate some cupcakes, and beat a FSU team with a 150 lb QB that can't get his team to the end zone.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just root for louisville from here on***

Sep 24, 2017, 9:13 AM

Sep 24, 2017, 8:28 AM

State's definitely in a peak year. They remind me strongly of Pitt last year, with a much more favorable schedule. They have a way underrated QB in that Boise State transfer Ryan Finley, they've got some explosive skill around him - especially that Nyheim Hines - and they've got some salty fronts that are pretty much upperclassmen (largely seniors, especially on the DL) all the way across.

They're going to be a tough out, especially up in Raleigh. And as you pointed out their schedule is so pitiful they're going to likely be on a serious roll and all confident-like when we finally get there.

Worth noting they outgained South Carolina more than 2-to-1 (504 yards of offense to South Carolina's 246) and still lost, largely owing to turnovers and some bounces the Gamecocks got on special teams - they started the game with Deebo Samuel housing it on the opening kickoff from 97 yards out. Ended up being the difference in the game.

One thing that is different from last year, though, is their secondary is pitiful. They're giving huge cushions to opponents to protect their DB's and if you let Clemson just deal the ball around underneath to our WR's they'll gash you for 10-15 yards a pop. It's the biggest matchup problem I don't know how State's coaches will overcome.

I think Louisville beats them...

Sep 24, 2017, 8:31 AM

and that puts them out of the Atlantic even if they pull out a win, as we will also beat FSU. My concern is Va Tech.

Go Tigers!

Not following this. If NC State beats us and loses to

Sep 24, 2017, 8:54 AM

Louisville, how that knock them out of it? Granted i don't think State is actually good enough to go 7-1 in the conference, but beating Clemson and FSU would have to give them a pretty decent shot at it.

I guess you're right...

Sep 24, 2017, 9:01 AM

If we both have a loss, but they have the head to head....

Go Tigers!

They have the two worst teams from the coastal.

Sep 24, 2017, 8:52 AM

Yes, I'm ready to declare that UVA is better than both Pitt and UNC. I think Pitt is the worst team in the conference, and Fedora is probably wishing he had bolted to another job after last season.

Disagree

Sep 24, 2017, 9:06 AM

...give them credit for beating FSU, but they beat a bad FSU team yesterday. I'm not saying FSU won't get better, but they played poorly yesterday.

NC State is good for at least 2 more ACC losses before the season is over. They're not a great team, they don't have great coaches, and only a team with both can win the Atlantic.

But, you're correct that the Tigers need to win in Raleigh to leave no doubt.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

State will crap the bed against an opponent they should beat

Sep 24, 2017, 10:34 AM

The always do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 24, 2017, 10:37 AM

We are going to beat them like a rented mule . Raleigh will have the sads that night . Wolfies wandering around howling pitiously about what Clemson just did to them .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 24, 2017, 10:39 AM

Louisville and then they'll lose another game their not supposed to, I can see either Syracuse or Wake being those games.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,334
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic