Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NC State not getting in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

NC State not getting in

Mar 18, 2019, 8:58 AM

I understand the we only got 7 total bids, and that the 2 teams left out with the highest NET were from the ACC, but State was dead last in Non-Con SOS and were 1-8 against the 7 teams in the conference that got in. Late year loses to Wake and GT cost them. I'm just saying that if this were Football, i wouldn't want someone with few positive data points on their resume getting the benefit of the doubt because of their conference. That's everything we all despise about the SEC and the bias of the media, etc.

Also, the NET thing is funny because after investing so much time in money in making it the lead metric for the committee, they didn't seem to account for it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: NC State not getting in

Mar 18, 2019, 10:02 AM

I get the argument for "not" NC State. The were a falling team and if they picked UNCG over NC State, that would be better.

But the issue is how LOW the committee dipped to get other teams with 2X lower NET ranking into the Tourney without a clear reason.

Then you had Furman and UNCG with strong/decent NET and they were bypassed for other mid-majors with lower net.

St.J (Rk 73) is a sub .500 conference team in a weaker conference this year... and they are in over UNCG (Rk 60)?

On one hand, the committee wanted to reward mid-majors but then turns around and gives a hande to the Pac12, Big East, and a lesser extent, the American. Sorry, not buying Houston.

At the end of the day, it looked like they wanted conference symmetry...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic