Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My worst fear has become reality...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

My worst fear has become reality...

Aug 18, 2013, 12:23 PM

I've always been worried about the possibility of successful football program in Columbia. Even after Whitehurst went 4-0 against them... listening to them they still had the better program. Going 10 for 12 over a span in the 2000's... And they were better. The lopsided overall record and our substantial winning record in Williams Brice... Still better. If they are like this as our doormat, God forbid they ever get a leg up on us or become a relevant program on the national stage.

And then it happened.

Obnoxious, arrogant, deluded, and downright unbearable they have become. Notre Dame with the trophy case of Vanderbilt is a very accurate assessment. The insecurity of their success says it all, really. Steve Spurrier is a perfect match for those insufferable clowns.

I will be looking forward to their return to mediocrity; the stain on the bottom of our cleats. It cannot come soon enough, but rest assured it will. And they will tell us about how much better they are and we are cheating, etc. They will crow about the SEC and its magical carpet ride they have taken. They will regale us with tales of a 4 game winning streak and the Clowney. We will building on the next 10 of 12 in our rivalry.

Yes, my worst fear came true. A moderately successful football team in Columbia. I knew that fan base could never handle it. Imagine if they actually won something!? A conference title, BCS bowl, MNC...

I never had any fear of fairy tales.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember, many eyes will be on Clowney this year..

Aug 18, 2013, 12:38 PM

...good AND bad. If officials get aggressive with the new "targeting" rules, Clowney if the number one guy to look for infractions. And if they call it on a hit, the overturning is really difficult - the word indisputable or something like that applies to overturn. And once called, he's out for the rest of one game and up to two games, right?

Fear not my friend

Aug 18, 2013, 1:05 PM

You are correct by saying recent success. Not sustainable success.

I clearly don't like him but darth visor can coach. But I wouldn't expect him to stay much longer. His goal was to win the sec but it'll never happen. Not even possible when they had the best team in school history.

Plus, Tennessee has been down but they appear to be evolving into something under a new regime. Florida is loading up with talent. Georgia will end their drought this year. Vandy is competitive; and even UK looks to be better.

Then there's us. Very much improved D. Great DL and LB core is better. DBs are young and old. Great combo there. Terrific O, plenty of weapons. But overlooked are the coaches.

Our coaches are growing to. They're figuring out how to win these big games and handing pressure. Don't expect us to get outcoached anymore. That's a thing of the past.

Let those hicks crow and toast draft beer to the good life.... cause it wont last. I mean what have they done again? Their claim to fame is a brief winning streak over us. Its really a compliment. Zero conference titles and a win over mediocre big10 schools. We call that a subpar year while they celebrate with rings. They have nothing. Ole ballsac is on the way out with a 5th place ring.

Stay unclassy dirtpeckers.

Re: My worst fear has become reality...

Aug 18, 2013, 1:18 PM

Where do you guys get your material from? I don't understand what evidence you guys are drawing your theory from that shows Carolina's great (compared to most programs standards) run is coming to an end. It seems to me that they have a good coaching staff and consistent top 20 recruiting class. They also have major depth at all the vital positions. Their third string freshman qb is probably the best on the roster. Idk. It seems like you guys are wishfully thinking to me.

Aug 18, 2013, 1:27 PM

When you change your handle, quit referring to them as "Carolina" and "they"... We can debate. Creating fictitious 3rd party handles to strengthen your argument is amateur hour.

Grow a pair and wear them colors proud, son. The only people who know a thing about SC's 3rd string fresh QB are knuckle dragging coots.

coot alert

Aug 18, 2013, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: My worst fear has become reality... ]

Because the East is getting better and people know how bad its been. UT was down, Fla in transition but its catching up.

###### visor won't stay much longer.

Take your feathers elsewhere.

Weren't you banned? Myopic troll...

Re: coot alert

Aug 18, 2013, 2:38 PM

The east was bad compared to the west ... but that's it. Where is the evidence? Just look at rivalry week last season and what the east did to the ACC.

Tell 'em goldendomer, newpaladin, just plain coot

Aug 18, 2013, 2:53 PM

sad

Re: Re: coot alert

Aug 18, 2013, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: coot alert ]

Remind me how many conference titles your team has won again, even after you just admitted the east was down? So you concur the east was down but you still couldn't win one.... gosh your team must be so good. Do you still polish their 5th place rings for them? And one bad rivalry week doesn't faze me a bit. We regrouped and beat LSwho.

Keep hanging your hat on that rivalry win. It's all you've got and its only a compliment to our program.

Aug 18, 2013, 1:30 PM

You said it , My fear is the constant posts I read every day about a game that is at the end of our season ,

I ask you all to think before you post . Is this something that my fellow Tiger fans don't know or have never heard before ??

If it is then save it for Nov, We have bigger games to talk about right now .

Its bad enough to have these live in creeps on this board that have to post their little digs everyday .

Beat the Dawgs is all that matters , right now .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Point

Aug 18, 2013, 3:05 PM

I am a Gamecock and my handle says it. I post when I feel something is illogical or incorrect. Try to stay respectful but occasionaly can't help myself and try a zinger. However, I think we all need to stop the endless talk about each other and talk about the season. We can get back to SEC/ACC, ########/Dumbo, Death Valley/The USC, etc before our game. I have been guilty of joining the stampede but am going to get back to reading posts and not writing as many. Rival boards are more informative than my home board, which I vist ofter, but I need to not be drawn in to no win debates.

I do wonder about "trap games" for Clemson. I feel our trap game potential are Ark. and NC (though not really a trap but too much hype and first game). I don't see a real trap for you guys. GT seems down and NC State rebuilding. Where could you be off enough to get upset? I don't see it happening.

Aug 18, 2013, 3:02 PM

I would lose the SEC East has been down. There have been more ranked teams in the SEC East the last few years than in the entire ACC.

Finished last year with 3 in the top 10. The only difference is instead of UF, UGA, Tenn finishing in the top 10, USC passed Tenn. And with Vandy having the best seasons in school history many could argue with Vandy and USC taking ranked positions and Tenn falling off, the SEC East over the last 10 years is stronger than ever.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep fearing

Aug 18, 2013, 3:11 PM

“God forbid they ever get a leg up on us and or become a revelant team on the national stage." Yeah that's already happened. Go look at the last 5 years. Carolina is 4-1 against Clemson and has had a top 25 recruiting class every year during that span

Re: Keep fearing

Aug 18, 2013, 4:42 PM

Reading comprehension is not your thing, eh? You should stick to coloring books and cartoons.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic