Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My thoughts on the CFB weekend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 747

My thoughts on the CFB weekend

Nov 17, 2019, 2:07 AM

#1 is our game. What I was able to see when not having to go grab groceries for dinner & getting heater tank filled for my folks, was satisfied outside a couple things. I knew WF was banged up offensively, but for our D to limit them to just over 100 yds was incredible. Hard to believe that this year's D would eclipse what the teams the past few seasons have done, but that is a huge testament to BV & our players on that side of the ball. Offensively, didn't like we gave up 3 sacks & narrowly avoided disaster on a few more or the fumbled punt snap, but our offense took advantage of the short field position provided by the defense's INTs & Rodger's big PR, our playmakers made plays, & at the end of the day, the W in the season's final home game went to us. Now an extra week to build on the coachable moments & get guys healthy before going to collect rent in Columbia on Thanksgiving weekend.

#2: Bama's playoff hopes went down with Tua. You hate to see any severe injury befall anyone, especially one I've seen ppl comment on was similar to the type of injury that ended Bo Jackson's career. It's easy to say "why was he playing since he was already hurt", "why was he still in when up 35-7", & all that, but I feel that should take a back seat to hoping & praying that Tua will make a full recovery & still be able to pursue a future in the sport afterward. Think going forward for Bama in terms of their playoff hopes, even if they finish 11-1 can you safely say that they're a top 4 team without Tua at QB. The committee has thrown Bama a bone in the past & also still considered OSU a top 4 team in '14 after JT Barrett went down to injury, but I'm sure that Tua's injury will play a direct/indirect role in Bama missing out on Selection Sunday.

#3: Auburn, Minnesota, Baylor, & Ole Miss will bemoan missed opportunities. Auburn waited until the 4th quarter to actually start playing ball in a game I thought for sure they would win (& should've won) - Auburn could've garnered serious consideration as a 2 loss team had they won today & win the Iron Bowl to go along w/ the win over Oregon. Minnesota having to settle for the 1st half field goals, having to burn a timeout mismanaging getting lined up on goal line their final TD, & the shanked extra point put way too much pressure on them at the end & ended their playoff hopes. Baylor - man that's worst collapse I've seen since the Choke at Doak (guess we can call it the Uh-Oh in Waco). Complete 180 from the other 2 teams, where everythi.g went right in 1st half & went so horribly wrong the 2nd half. But Ole Miss - think 5 or 6 drives died on the LSU side of the 50. Given that the Rebels rolled up 37 points & over 600 yds against LSU, converting some opportunities early in the game might have made this a whole different ball game & we could've been talking about #1 LSU being upset instead.

#4: LSU will be screwed if they face a defense that can slow them down while being able to move the ball offensive. As much as their offensive turnaround has been surprising, even more so has been the downturn in defense from them. Question is when will it happen. Can A&M be the one to do it? Georgia in the SEC title game? Or will disaster be delayed until the CFP in a potential match-up w/ Clemson or Ohio State?

#4: The Big 12 will get left out the playoff. Even if Oklahoma ends up as 1 loss team, a 1 loss Pac-12 champ (either Utah or Oregon) will get the nod over them. Plus the other potential 1 loss wildcards that could come into play will probably have better cases than the Sooners.

#5: Michigan will give Ohio State a better challenge than either Penn State or the B10 West opponent in the B10 title game (not calling for Michigan upset, but they'll make the Buckeyes work for it a little harder than PSU/Minn/Wisc will be capable of).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 747
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic