Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My thoughts ... Just what you have been waiting for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

My thoughts ... Just what you have been waiting for

Oct 4, 2015, 3:31 PM

I was in DV last night and watched the game closely, as did many of you.

One thing for sure. We had our handsful last night with a team we expected to be really good. And they are. Perhaps the best team that Clemson will play this regular season. I never felt comfortable in this game and I'm not talking about the weather! The defense is probably better than we thought. At least, early in games. Hopefully some of the younger guys will improve and they can be relied upon to give the front line guys a break. I think we were dragging late in the game and rightfully so since everyone played so hard for three quarters. I think that you would agree that this was a game the Clemson Tigers of old would have lost. Unreal effort late when it really counted.

As I have mentioned before, I hope the staff is focusing on recruiting a top flight center. In the zone read, that center snap is extremely important and I have seen us botch that up far to much already. ND had the best OL that I have seen in a few years. With our focusing on that recently, I believe that we can match up with most teams soon.

It was especially good last night seeing the often talked about RB and WR have very average games. Says a lot about Coach V and his team.

B. Boulware is on everyones list of favorite players and he is certainly a gamer. Wish we had three more like him. Teams are learning to match up with him with their speedy receivers and backs and he is not always ready for that kind of coverage. I bet the Tigers work on that this week.

Difficult to evaluate Watson and the play calling last night because of the playing conditions. We really don't know what the coaches tried to do. For the most part, it worked. We went through a critical time in the game where just one first down would have taken the pressure off and we didn't get one when we needed it. Probably will work on that too. Wonder if the wildcat is ever an option?

A good afternoon game in good weather against a quality opponent is what we need and that is just around the corner. I'm going out on a limb and say that this will be Watsons best game as a Tiger.
He needs it right now. Agree?

DV was at its best last night and I am sure Dabo and Co. appreciate support like that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our defense is really strong again this year as far as the

Oct 4, 2015, 3:47 PM

first teamers go.We don't have much depth right now on defense so it needs the offense to be more productive(or more aggressive) to keep the defense off the field so much.Last night the D was jelly legged mid 4th quarter and ND took advantage of it.

Re: Our defense is really strong again this year as far as the

Oct 4, 2015, 3:59 PM

You nailed it! The offense has to give the defense a break. And playcalling was bad in second half. Watson did everything he was asked to do. And twice in fourth quarter he shook his head at the call that came in. Both on critical third downs. Wayne ran hard and the o line did very good against a top d line. Rain never looked like a factor with our players. I agree the game plan was to take care of ball and it worked. But we could have had an easier path to that win.

Getting Reader back and having a couple LB's step up and

Oct 4, 2015, 4:07 PM

help out would go a long way.Not sure I saw Odaniel in the at all last night.

Oct 4, 2015, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Our defense is really strong again this year as far as the ]

The play calling in the second half was sophmoric at best. I understand Scott saying that they wanted to make ND go the lengthy of the field to get a TD but we went into a shell far too early. Our pass coverage overall in 2nd half was horrible. Alexander sat out almost a quarter and that effected it to some but we need work in that area.
The offensive calls were totally mysterious to say the least. We had at least 5 series where a field goal (let alone a TD) would have put the game out of reach. So what do we do. Run the ball between the tackles, run pass routes (nothing over the middle) that were poor at best and even to the point that Watson shook his head when he saw a couple of the plays that were sent I. Having said this, These OC's are young and will learn--hopefully quickly--that theree is a reason that the field is approx 53 yards wide. Use it.
__

Oct 4, 2015, 4:38 PM

IMO, one problem with Scott's reasoning is since when was "run, run, run..punt and put ND on the 35 yard line" considered as making them drive the length of the field?

My thoughts exactly...

Oct 4, 2015, 5:15 PM

why not continue with the boot-legs and throws to the flat and TEs that worked so well the first half.

Instead, we were happy with the 24 points and not turning it over?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My thoughts exactly...

Oct 4, 2015, 5:21 PM

WOW!! Can't you wannabe coaches just be satisfied with a win? All the experts picked ND and Clemson took care of business in awful playing conditions. Take the win and quit bit--ing! Flame away

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic