Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My opinion about about this team ( long post)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,479

My opinion about about this team ( long post)

Oct 16, 2016, 9:48 PM

We all know what the offense is capable of,so watching that unit struggling is frustrating. Line play has not been up to par we need a vocal player respected by all on the team to demand better play. Players also don't seem to play to the whistle on many plays, watched the Louisville game again and if we hustle and play to the whistle we easily spring more big plays. Players need to get plays called that utilizes there skill set.

Defense seems to be better than last year from a big play standpoint. D line looks just as good for the most part. Linebacker play seems to have dropped off a little but mostly inconsistent, would love to have see Shaq play even if we just told him to defend the tight end or a receiving running back threat. Ben is one of my most favorite Tigers of all time imo but lacks coverage skills in the open field , he is good in zone coverage in the red zone though space is limited there. More and more teams r picking this up and r using it against us. That's y i would have love to see Shaq play against teams like UNC, I know he doesn't understand the whole playbook but like I said when we get a look from a team when can say go guard 88 or 81 or whatever number they r his speed helps.

We seem to have made a huge step in the right direction in special teams,guys like Shaq could've played there as well. Except the punting game very inconsistent, but he does have a leg.
I believe this team will right the ship, but if young can help or they r better they need to play to some extent,maybe then first stringers we b more motivated to play well. We also lack intensity in games at times or the whole game at times. Clemson tradition states keep your filthy hands of my rock if your going to give a 110%. Many players and coaches r at fault for the offensive struggles the can and will correct it imo. This is a great team. We can win it all with this team if we play cleaner and with better effort from some players.

All in all I will always be ALL IN as a fan!

Mr. Watson is a great player and I think he is willing to give it his all to bring home a national championship. I think he is pressing a little to much, so he sometimes forces throws resulting in picks, and he seems to not b trusting his eyes at other time resulting in off passes. He just needs to let all the hype and stuff go and just do what he done since he was little. I for one am thankful for him coming and playing for Clemson and will back him through his bad games and his good games. I my eyes CJ will b a champion nd so will Watson.

Sorry for long post.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My opinion about about this team ( long post)

Oct 16, 2016, 9:51 PM

Agreed....we are missing gore and maclain more than most folks expected

Oct 16, 2016, 9:54 PM

I agree with everything you said for the most part. I noticed the quitting on plays Saturday too.

I get worried every time the punter steps on the field.

Van Smith stood out to me on several plays as looking lost in the secondary. I hope he can learn from the film. I feel like he is a solid athlete, but hasn't quite figured it out yet.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2016, 10:10 PM

Van smith doesn't make the plays when they r there to b made. Often time he whiffs on tackles and lowers the shoulder but lacks the force behind the hit to b affective, ball carriers bounce off him. Muse or somebody should get a shot to prove themselves. Lets not forget he is often times the run support safety lacks the size and strength that most safety have that play that role. There is hope for him, he has to do what Alexander does and tackle the legs if he wants to b affective.

You can shorten it up by not repeating words***

Oct 16, 2016, 10:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2016, 10:06 PM

We won. An ugly win is a win. I honestly think we are the second best team in the nation at the moment. We would have to work a lot of bugs out to beat Bama. I have confidence Dabo will get us to the playoffs. I have to admit (as bad as I hate to) that Bama is just plain scary this year.

Oct 16, 2016, 10:17 PM

I too trust Dabo and company. I also think we make the playoffs and win r second straight ACC title. As for the program Dabo has done a tremendous job, moving us up the latter of championship countenders. It is time to take the next step and win it all and I think this team has the players to do so.

Oct 16, 2016, 10:20 PM

Maybe a team of destiny. We shall see. Our job is to show up, cheer like crazy, repeat.

Oct 16, 2016, 10:35 PM

Always whole heartily

Nice post. Agree youth can help intensity & D.W. is pressing***

Oct 16, 2016, 11:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,479
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic