Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My feelings about PJ and GTs dirty way of playing the option
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,012

My feelings about PJ and GTs dirty way of playing the option

Sep 19, 2018, 9:21 AM

If they use a chop block , even if the flag is thrown, I would like to see a bench clearing brawl. Much the way QBs are protected after a dirty hit. It can impact a players career worse than most targeting hits.

Its a dirty play, it is designed to blindside a player in the most vulnerable part of a lineman's body. The knee and ankle.

It happens too often, and I hope the team sends a message early that it will not be tolerated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My feelings about PJ and GTs dirty way of playing the option

Sep 19, 2018, 9:32 AM

Maybe the Tigers should play the option against their defense the first quarter.

Soften them up a little bit, give 'em a dose of their own medicine.

The way KB and TE run the ball it would be fun to watch.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 9:50 AM

TIGrrFnn® said:

Maybe the Tigers should play the option against their defense the first quarter.

Soften them up a little bit, give 'em a dose of their own medicine.

The way KB and TE run the ball it would be fun to watch.

I really don't want that plan. My dad played at Clemson in the late 50's and that was well before they had the magic surgeries that they have today. He was a Defensive tackle on the 59 team. You should have seen the scars on his knee from surgery to attempt and repair "1" bad chop block injury. It was just awful! He used to cringe , every time he watched a game where a chop block occurred.

I don't want our big ugly's on the defensive line hurt. They passed on a lot of money to come back for another year. Some yahoo , on their team would feel justified if we were doing the same. I say the first time one occurs, we beat them like the yard mutts that they are, and tell the media why we did it! We can beat hese guys with our third string if some guys get ejected.

Put that up on your wall PJ

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 9:41 AM

No need to clear the benches. Get that squirrely eyed kid that's a third string linebacker. Use him as an enforcer. Send the message. Shoot....run him out of bounds to take out that walking baked potato Pwaaaawl Johnson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My feelings about PJ - how ‘bout a reverse Woody Hayes!??!***

Sep 19, 2018, 10:17 AM

Re: My feelings about PJ - how ‘bout a reverse Woody Hayes!??!***

Sep 19, 2018, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: My feelings about PJ and GTs dirty way of playing the option ]

Sep 19, 2018, 9:52 AM

So you would rather see us lose any chance at another Natty, or a bowl appearance because somebody of GT's team played dirty? Really? I wouldn't! I'd rather see the responsible player draw the flag and get ejected and GT get punished in some way that is severe enough to hurt them and make them stop for good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 9:55 AM

So you would rather see us lose any chance at another Natty, or a bowl appearance because somebody of GT's team played dirty? Really? I wouldn't! I'd rather see the responsible player draw the flag and get ejected and GT get punished in some way that is severe enough to hurt them and make them stop for good.

What the heck are you talking about? Don't put words in my mouth my friend. THere is no ejection for the penalty , if there was , like targeting, we wouldn't be having the conversation every year.

That freakin' submarine roll their linemen do

Sep 19, 2018, 10:08 AM

destroying defenders knees. Ugh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Sep 19, 2018, 10:15 AM

Great-then the ACC suspends our players for a game-that would show em

Sep 19, 2018, 10:24 AM

A chop block is illegal and will be flagged.

Blocking below the waste (not from behind) is a legal block.

Pretty sure we've done pretty well against the option the last few years. Why all the worry?

Sep 19, 2018, 10:28 AM

PawsFan said:

A chop block is illegal and will be flagged.

Blocking below the waste (not from behind) is a legal block.

Pretty sure we've done pretty well against the option the last few years. Why all the worry?

I don't know why all the worry. Maybe it is because we have 4 1st round talent DL guys that don't deserve to be injured by "cheap shot" wanna"bee" (see what I did there?)

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,012
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic