Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My coot father-in-law said last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

My coot father-in-law said last night

May 23, 2014, 6:21 AM

That the dirtpeckers didn't care about the SEC tourney, b/c it doesn't mean anything if you win it. He said they just lost on purpose so they could begin to get ready for the regional.

If it wasn't his 76th b'day party last night I would have laughed in his face.

So, so delusional....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a coot on here said that they were "saving themselves" for

May 23, 2014, 6:34 AM

the regionals....haha what a way to into them---losing 2 embarrassing games in a row.

I've read that book too, "what losers say when losing".***

May 23, 2014, 7:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: a coot on here said that they were "saving themselves" for

May 23, 2014, 8:13 AM [ in reply to a coot on here said that they were "saving themselves" for ]

Since 2004 we are 8-20 in Hoover at the SEC tournament. It waste your pitchers and is a grind on your every day players. It could have helped us with a national seed but there were many teams up for the last spot. We host a regional and go from there just like we always do. This is when you want to get hot, not at a tournament that waste your players. The SEC tournament champion has only won the CWS twice....2000 and 2009...heck we won that back to back with NO SEC tournament championship.

NOBODY cares/believes the dumb reasoning you keep posting

May 23, 2014, 9:45 AM

as to why the coots can't win the tourney. Save yourself the time/effort and do something constructive today. Thanks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NOBODY cares/believes the dumb reasoning you keep posting

May 23, 2014, 9:52 AM

A coot doing something constructive ? You mean aside from adding to his dining room table leg booger collection ?
I suppose he could mow my lawn a little closer next week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 23, 2014, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: a coot on here said that they were "saving themselves" for ]

TL;DR

May 23, 2014, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: a coot on here said that they were "saving themselves" for ]

It's ok man, you don't have to come on here and hope we change our minds. Don't worry, nothing you say will do that. Go to the Scar boards, but stay off of Carolina and USC boards that could get embarrassing

Here's the problem with your argument

May 23, 2014, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: a coot on here said that they were "saving themselves" for ]

We all understand that losing in Hoover is a Gamecock tradition. One that is glorified and rationalized by #### lovers everywhere.

However to say "we host a regional and go from there just like we always do" means that, this year, you are most likely not going to Omaha. During your celebrated 3-year period of Omaha success (2010, 2011, 2012) you had good enough teams to screw up in Hoover yet still make it to Omaha. In 2010 you did not host a Super, but you got the next-best-thing by being sent to Myrtle Beach; basically a home series with CCU. In 2011 and 2012 you got a top 8 seed despite the poor showing in Hoover. In 2013, you did not get a top 8 seed, played in the Super in Chapel Hill, and missed Omaha.

This year, a few SEC Tournament wins would have gone a long way toward wrapping up a top 8 seed and, given recent history, a great shot at getting to Omaha. But the way things turned out, while you're sure to be hosting a regional, you're likely to be traveling for the Super, and thus likely to be watching the CWS from home (which is proably mobile).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2014, 10:05 AM [ in reply to a coot on here said that they were "saving themselves" for ]

Then they must stop shouting SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC since they don't care for the SEC.

Actually, he is probably right. I don't think they lost

May 23, 2014, 6:36 AM

on purpose. But, their early exit benefits their team in preparing for a regional. And, I believe they lost out on a national seed with an 0-2 in the tournament.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Losing a national seed is huge for them.. HUGE***

May 23, 2014, 6:53 AM

Or in Deptula lexicon, "YUGH!"***

May 23, 2014, 10:13 AM

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: My coot father-in-law said last night

May 23, 2014, 6:51 AM

USC- University of Sugar Coating

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

He obviously has a PHD in "Coot" logic.

May 23, 2014, 7:02 AM

The USC(jr) baseball program is starting to show cracks and slippage (which everyone knew would happen with the coaching shange) and he is having a hard time dealing in this reality. Coot followers young and old are just wired differently.

Re: He obviously has a PHD in "Coot" logic.

May 23, 2014, 8:22 AM

We beat you guys 3 games to 0...we were playing to maybe get a national seed and you were fighting to get a bid period. FSU has been 21 times and no title...Clemson 12 times with no title...and you want to say we are slipping.

Clemson has a .333 winning percentage in the CWS...we have a .615 ...We've gone 11 times...2 national championships and 4 runner ups.....

Call it what you want but the South Carolina program is solid.

Talking it down doesn't make it so.

remember your logic during football season

May 23, 2014, 8:51 AM

who has an accomplished post-season history vs who doesn't.

Re: remember your logic during football season

May 23, 2014, 8:55 AM

Good point, but coot baseball logic doesn't apply to coot football logic.

HTH in understanding

#messedupinthehead

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2014, 10:16 AM [ in reply to remember your logic during football season ]

I am very aware of football history. I will admit we were bad and overall you guys have a hefty lead. I am also aware we have won 5 straight by double digits....so there it is....you looked good for a while...now...not so good.

May 23, 2014, 10:22 AM

I always thought winning the SEC tourney or championship in anything was bigger than a national championship in SEC eyes. I mean that is the best of the best lol

May 23, 2014, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: He obviously has a PHD in "Coot" logic. ]

None of that changes that the Gamecocks are an embarrassment to the state of SC, MoronNC.

May 23, 2014, 10:22 AM

You are just a hater....I am not. I don't hate anything Clemson (maybe some fans, that probably never attended Clemson to start with) and yet you hate everything about South Carolina. That must be a miserable life....just the pure hatred is misery wrapped in an inferiority complex. Seek help....they have meds for that. Good luck with it....

May 23, 2014, 9:26 AM [ in reply to He obviously has a PHD in "Coot" logic. ]

Had the same type comments after the '09 regional loss at ECU and the '10 SEC tourney where we only managed one run. We then went on a pretty good post season run.

May 23, 2014, 9:27 AM

Congratulations on NOT LIVING IN THE PAST. WE KNOW YOU WOULD NEVER DO THAT!

Go Tigers

Coot logic... It's all about the past in baseball

May 23, 2014, 9:34 AM

And all about the future in football. Perennial pre-season Natl Champs.

And we all know that if USC had won the SEC baseball tourney they would have jammed it down our throats. Things... Like beating Clemson five times in a row... Only matter to them when it happens. When they were getting regularly stomped by Clemson it didn't matter because it wasn't a mighty SEC game.

I am a bitter and angry man.

May 23, 2014, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: He obviously has a PHD in "Coot" logic. ]

The shift key is your friend. You are going to have an aneurysm.

May 23, 2014, 9:37 AM

I KNOW THE SHIFT KEY IS MY FRIEND, COOT. THAT'S WHY I HOLD IT DOWN FOR EVERY LETTER. GO TIGERS!

May 23, 2014, 10:13 AM

Well dude just press the caps lock and you won't have to hold the shift key. You would think a Clemson person would know that but I guess not

May 23, 2014, 10:19 AM

You must have taken keyboard class at scar. And I bet that was the name of the class lol

May 23, 2014, 7:03 AM

He is delusional. Hope his daughter is smarter than he and is trainable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's not totally wrong, I don't think

May 23, 2014, 7:25 AM

SCar generally doesn't place particular emphasis on the SEC tournament, preferring to concentrate their focus on regionals and super regionals. That being said, to say they don't care *at all* is very wrong. Especially if getting swept right out of the tournament costs them things like national seedings and super-regional hosting.

Yet if they would have won it...

May 23, 2014, 7:37 AM

They would b**ch and moan saying they deserve to be No. 1 because they won the SEC... the toughest conference in the world

Exactly how I always felt about ACC Tourney*****

May 23, 2014, 7:50 AM

Re: Exactly how I always felt about ACC Tourney*****

May 23, 2014, 8:03 AM

Well if they lose on purpose and look horrible in doing so to prepare for next week then they are doing it right.
That was some ugly baseball right there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

the largest avalanches always start

May 23, 2014, 9:58 AM

downhill and with a single snowflake or pebble. Scar is going downhill...

Only God...

May 23, 2014, 8:28 AM

could have said that without me laughing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2014, 8:37 AM

> That the dirtpeckers didn't care about the SEC
> tourney, b/c it doesn't mean anything if you win it.
> He said they just lost on purpose so they could begin
> to get ready for the regional.

Didn't they say the same thing about winning the SEC East in football?

Some years that might make sense, but

May 23, 2014, 9:29 AM

They were playing for a National Seed. Coot logic

Chicken dementia sets in early***

May 23, 2014, 9:43 AM

So glad the cooties brought

May 23, 2014, 10:03 AM

Ben Tillman to help the "U'(ewwwwwwwwwwwww...) last night.

WTH were they doing there anyway? David Hood posted pix of them. RSN showed them during the game. Questioned just why were they there????

May 23, 2014, 10:06 AM

The reasoning behind it is what gets me. If you are resting your pitchers, why send Montgomery out there? Why not pitch some kids who haven't thrown much this year? You don't ever try to lose. Those CWS championships are starting to become a thing of the past, how long will Holbrook ride out Ray Tanner's success?

I'm just impressed you can have a relationship with coot offspring

May 23, 2014, 10:25 AM

I dated 2 coot daughters in my adult life, both went to USUC on athletic scholarship (one swimming, one soccer) both made good grades when there,... and both were dumb as lamp posts. I dumped each after my infatuation with their bodies cooled. Football season with their respective families was unbearable, even though we won every year back then. Having to listen to all that chicken chatter was nauseating.

Been married to her for ages

May 23, 2014, 10:57 AM

She absolutely doesn't care about sports at all. But yet still professes to be a Coot backer. Wears their gear just because she thinks it ticks me off. Its a 35yr. running joke between us. She never went to SCar and neither did her dad, he's a tool, she is cool.

May 23, 2014, 11:17 AM

Yea and I didnt sleep with Jennifer Lopez cause I was saving my stamina up for my wife!! COOTS!!! IDIOTS!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic