Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My LSU experience...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

My LSU experience...

Oct 28, 2019, 9:44 PM

Went to Baton Rouge for LSU v. Auburn this past weekend with my brother and some friends, none of whom went to LSU. First time in BR and had a great time.

Went to the Chimes before the game and that was a very cool college bar. Pretty crowded with both LSU and Auburn fans and some very, shall we say, talented females.

Wore a Clemson shirt to the tailgate and game and most LSU fans I ran into jokingly asked what the deal was and bonded over a mutual dislike for Alabama. Most had great things to say about Clemson and Dabo. One family, in particular, was awesome and asked us to join their tailgate, gave us some "pasta-laya," which was freakin delicious.

That said, I was kind of surprised at the energy level (or lack thereof) in the lots and at the game. May have been because it was a day game as they all said the Florida game was nuts. May also have been the weather as it was upper 50's and damp. But I've felt more energy at Clemson, Penn State and even South Carolina games from the tailgate scene. I am bummed it was a 2:30 game rather than the infamous Death VAlley at night.

The stadium was pretty nice and we sat in the upper deck around the 25 yard line on the Auburn side. Still, while it was a decent vibe, I still didn't get the energy I'm used to getting at most Clemson games. Again, may have been the day game and the weather.

I will say the game was pretty darn good game and was extremely physical. There was some hittin going on from both sides and being there live made me appreciate it more. No question that Burrow is good. He made some great plays with his feet to buy time, and he is a pretty accurate thrower on the move. Jefferson is their play maker.

Delpit and Stingley are also the real deal on the back end and had Nix flummoxed, but Nix either missed or didn't bother to throw to some open receivers. In short, he was terrible.

In talking to folks at the bars (Chimes, Walk Ons), even though Auburn was in town, the 800 pound Gorilla from everyone I talked to remains Bama. Sounds like their entire season rides on the game in two weeks and even with their success this year, I sensed some nervousness simply because they just can't seem to get over the Bama hump.

Finally, my only somewhat negative experience (and it wasn't even negative) was some guy at the bar telling me Clemson wasn't making the playoffs this year. I asked him if he meant we would lose a game and thus, not make it. He said, no, even if we go undefeated, we aren't going. I just laughed and said, "If you honestly think the undefeated, defending National Champions are not making the playoffs, then you're an idiot and I don't think there's anything more to talk about." HE laughed and I walked away.

But other than that minor blip, it was a great weekend with good friends. Looking forward to seeking a different spot for next year, although it may just be Clemson @ ND in November.

Still, I'd recommend the trip to LSU for a big game. Just look at the SEC schedule before you pick because if it's the biggest SEC game of the week, you're probably going to get the afternoon game instead of a night game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually saw the coots play there in the mid 90's

Oct 28, 2019, 9:49 PM

stadium was a dump then. The team wasn't very good either. Tanneyhill led the chickens to a win under the lights in a pouring rain und in front of 63K.

Spent the week in New Orleans, so the trip was a blast

Re: I actually saw the coots play there in the mid 90's

Oct 28, 2019, 9:53 PM

I was at that game my senior year of high school in Baton Rouge before attending Clemson.

Re: My LSU experience...

Oct 28, 2019, 10:11 PM

Our games with Allbarn were very physical too.
Players taken off the field on stretchers type of physical.

Since Ogeron isn’t part of the Saban coaching tree, he has a chance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I've been to LSU one time...

Oct 28, 2019, 10:11 PM

many years ago. I had just finished grad school. I was traveling in Louisiana and Mississippi on business and got invited to stay for the game.

I didn't have a dog in the fight and I wasn't wearing anyone's school gear.

It was a night game and LSU lost to Ole Miss.

The thing I remember most about that game was tailgating and this old codger telling me in a very thick cajun accent, "If you don't have a good down here, it's your own d@mn fault.".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: My LSU experience...

Oct 28, 2019, 10:29 PM

"Clemson wasn't making the playoffs this year. I asked him if he meant we would lose a game and thus, not make it. He said, no, even if we go undefeated, we aren't going."

For those lucky enough to never have to talk to Coot fans, that is their current mantra about us. Every one I know has brought up the exact same moronic thing. Next time I hear that I'll just tell them that the Vols say hello.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic