Topic: Muschamp's rant
Replies: 4   Last Post: Aug 14, 2018 9:21 PM by: RRFTigerFan
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

Muschamp's rant

[3]
Posted: Aug 14, 2018 6:39 PM

It's baffling to me that he goes out of his way to defend his ex assistant, but never mentions that a player died under Durkin's watch. Whether Durkin is responsible or not, I tend to think he has some responsibility, for Muschamp to make a public statement about the situation and never mention, or acknowledge, the death of a 19 year old kid shows his true character

Message was edited by: gville76

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Muschamp's little rant

[2]
Posted: Aug 14, 2018 6:49 PM

I'm not sure why people find this that surprising. It's more or less how a lot of coaches act. There was stuff about Saban with the Dolphins that he had stepped over a player who was having a seizure because the player was in his way. From their actions and not their words I think the Clemson staff has by and large proven to not operate that way, but a lot of college football coaches are very imperialistic.

Frankly I don't generally think that many of them are necessarily all that smart. They're good at what they do and are very specialized technically but aren't really well rounded at all.

I get that to a degree

[2]
Posted: Aug 14, 2018 7:31 PM

But a young man died in this situation and he never mentions it - he just takes up for his buddy

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: I get that to a degree

Posted: Aug 14, 2018 9:21 PM

His next media gathering he personally addressed the loss. As said in another post I suspect he caught flack big time for his lack of compassion initially.

Re: Muschamp's rant

[4]
Posted: Aug 14, 2018 7:17 PM

We are so lucky to have the football coaching staff we have at CU. Clelin Ferril recently said that and I roughly quote "Other college football programs use the football players. Clemson builds us up." Go Tigers

Replies: 4  
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1537 people have read this post