Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Munson Reminds Me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Munson Reminds Me

Apr 28, 2019, 7:49 PM

Of Bob Fulton. You never know what the real score is, you never know who is on the field or what the right pitch count is. Did I leave something out? Quack is a much better baseball play by play guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson hasn't had a good baseball announcer since Jim Phillips

Apr 28, 2019, 7:51 PM

Dan Scott was close to being good, but he got way too excited over the littlest things.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson hasn't had a good baseball announcer since Jim Phillips

Apr 28, 2019, 8:13 PM

Well, I can say I was a friend and co-worker of Jim Phillips from 1980 until his passing. And, if you knew Jim, you most likely got to know Bob Fulton - because they were very good friends. Both Jim & Bob were 1st class guys - really top drawer gentlemen & pros. I've also known Don since 1995 & worked with him for 5 years. Don's one of nicest guys in the business, and you won't find a harder worker. I can tell you that Don is always working to further hone his craft. He will only keep improving each year, because he's totally dedicated and a 120-percenter - day in, day out. The kind of person we all want on the Clemson team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2019, 8:54 AM

I don't dislike Don as a person, I just don't like the job he does on the radio. The purpose of a radio broadcaster is to make you feel like you are there not looking on from afar. You mentioned how hard he works and I am not saying he does not. Does he ever do any self critique by listening to his own broadcasts? He has had skin in the game for a good while, yet he continues to make the same gaffes over and over again. I am sure we can find a place for him some where else that he can focus his hard work and 120 percent effort to a better cause. Clemson can do better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2019, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson hasn't had a good baseball announcer since Jim Phillips ]

except he's getting worse lmao You must never listen to him. The dude can't tell the difference between justyn ross and aj terrell. It's a disservice to clemson fans that have to rely on the radio for the game

Apr 29, 2019, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson hasn't had a good baseball announcer since Jim Phillips ]

I listened to Jim Phillips for his entire career and I can say without hesitation that as much as Jim has been deified since his passing, there were plenty of Tiger fans who complained about HIM back in the day.

It just seems to be human nature for fans to complain.

Folks now complaining about Munson were once complaining about Yannity.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So true. I can remember MANY, me included at times,

Apr 29, 2019, 10:29 AM

complaining about Danny Ford's "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offense while he was racking up all those football victories here. And then we wandered in the wasteland for 20 years. That will give you a different perspective on things if you lived through it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Waited 5 mins for the score last night! Sorry I did!

Apr 28, 2019, 8:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember when everybody complained about Pete Yanity

Apr 28, 2019, 8:09 PM

just because he wasn't Jim Phillips. Pete and Will were a decent team back in the day.

Re: Waited 5 mins for the score last night! Sorry I did!

Apr 28, 2019, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Waited 5 mins for the score last night! Sorry I did! ]

egg time trick. every time it runs out you give the score. if you're a good one

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2019, 4:38 AM

Suggestion: If you have an idea or constructive criticism of Don, pass it along to him. He takes those things seriously & positively, & gives them a lot of thought. He's very open & willing to listen. With a hundred things going on at once, it's easy to get distracted - definitely harder than most people imagine. I assure you, Don is willing to listen & not afraid to be "coached." Very approachable. Like all pros, he expects to be better every time out. And like the best players & coaches who always say, "We haven't played our best game yet. Plenty to improve upon." - the attitude that propels most people to the top.

that's awesome to hear

Apr 29, 2019, 6:12 AM

Thanks, Don.

Only kidding. In all seriousness thanks for posting that. It's always refreshing to hear suggestions or solutions to problems as opposed to just complaining. Sadly, most people would rather just complain. Have a great day.

Apr 28, 2019, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Waited 5 mins for the score last night! Sorry I did! ]

They need to hire a card guy that holds up a card that says "GIVE THE SCORE!"

Apr 29, 2019, 7:50 AM

The old-time play-by-play guys used a three-minute hourglass. At three minutes, give the score and flip the hourglass.

Apr 29, 2019, 2:04 AM [ in reply to Waited 5 mins for the score last night! Sorry I did! ]

clemsontigers.com will supply you with a link of every current game stat you could want, including the Score at the top.

Re: Munson Reminds Me

Apr 28, 2019, 9:17 PM

I bet he was really confused today with all the shenanigans going on

Apr 28, 2019, 10:40 PM

Munson is just a flat out embarrassment to Clemson as an announcer. He's very unprofessional. In fact, he sounds more like an arm chair QB in his living room with his buddies. He does not inform the audience like he should....not to mention, he just doesn't have a good radio voice. Clemson could do way better.

Apr 29, 2019, 8:42 AM

Well Qualk is bad too but at least paints more of a picture and gets to the point instead of leaving you in the blind. Munson is unaware of everything. Qualk however has no baseball smarts. I really wish they would leave all the baseball strategic talk to Bob and just call the plays instead. I’ve heard Qualk numerous times on 3-1, 2-2 counts say it’s a “hit and run” just because we steal and the batter swings. No Qualk it’s not a hit and run. Geez

Apr 29, 2019, 9:05 AM

I guess some coot gave me a td for criticizing Fulton.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic